2018 Derpibooru Community Collab

DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@LightningBolt  
i ddni’t caerte taht, cerdit wrehe it’s due.

@Exhumed Legume  
i can’t stop laughing how you labelled a scientific fact as a “copypasta”.

teacher: “we only use 10% of our brains” is actually a misquote from “how to win friends and influence people”, that stated “the average person develops only 10 percent of his latent mental ability”. we actually do use 100% of our brain.

legume: old copypasta is old.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Creepa-Bot Inc.  
it is true that certain parts of our brain aren’t active at times, but we do in fact use all of our brains. think like how the lights in your house are turned on or off based on whether or not you’re using a room.

the “10% of our brains” thing is just heavily ingrained into a lot of people as fact. it’s been a major plot point in countless movies (it was the entire premise of the laughably bad film lucy), and even einstein quoted it once.
ZippySqrl
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Lady's Wink -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab

Tired Artist
@DanielTepesKraus  
Lucy was pretty ludicrous, but enjoyable(for the most part).  
>100% use of our brain makes us omnipotent and omnipresent.

Limitless tho, that’s a more realistic example if the 10% if it were real. They even made a TV series sequel in the same universe.
gexon_pane
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

私は一度住んでいた
@LightningBolt
did you konw it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are and the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are at the rghit pclae? the rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. aslo sikpe is bset pnoy.

I can’t read that.
Exhumed Legume
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Weirdo
DURRHURR YOU POINTED OUT WHAT I SAID WASN’T ORIGINAL, I SHALL NOW MOCK YOU BASED ON FALSE ASSUMPTIONS ON YOUR CHARACTER LEL
Yeah, no. Kindly sod off with that nonsense.

I “labeled” it copypasta – old one at that – simply because I’ve seen that exact same piece of text, probably letter for letter aside from your addition in the end, floated around teh interwebz for more than a decade.  
Actually, allow me to correct that; I think I haven’t seen it in about a decade, because most people got it out of their system in the e-mail circulation of the early noughties, or in the first years of Facebook at the latest.

it is true that certain parts of our brain aren’t active at times, but we do in fact use all of our brains. think like how the lights in your house are turned on or off based on whether or not you’re using a room.
Additionally, there’s a regulated flow to brain activity; signals travel in “waves,” so muh 10% might be an accurate-ish guesstimate of the proportion of neurons firing at any given moment.  
Of course, 100% of the neurons firing simultaneously out of control is what we call a seizure.

@LightningBolt  
Well, you called DTK a genius for it, which, in my tired state of mind at the time, looked like credit where credit wasn’t really due due to the thing seemingly credited being an oft-quoted piece of text dating back to who-knows-when, so the pedant in me – i.e., I – just had to set the record straight, as it were.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@SirBumpaous  
Y’all know that’s not true, right?

Well, kinda half-truth.

It works when you kinda know and expect what words go next and they’re short words so most of it is in place already.

But pphears lses oiouvblsy acllbppiae petcjored slltsaeaiytmcy and rrgioously onto lgoner prahess with less obvious lknniig.

But perhaps less obviously applicable projected systematically and rigorously onto longer phrases with less obvious linking.

I think the half truth behind it is that you read out loud in your head - you read phonetically and your brain matches sounds with words, so having the right sounds is the biggest thing for recognizing a word.

Reading a book is actually harder for deaf people than blind people, I’ve heard.
Chaotic Mind
"I solemnly swear I am truly insane." - Derpi Supporter
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages (Random Useless Facts Thread)
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Crazy Pone
I’ll put an end to this brain usage nonsense. Mythbusters did a test on this. Results showed we use around 90% of our brain mass. Results also showed different parts were more active depending on the current activity. Their results showed that the test subject used most of his brain mass creating and telling a story. That was when they got that 90% or so reading.

In addition they did notice that certain parts of the brain never saw activity. In science these are the dormant parts that many believe house latent abilities. Whether this is true or not is another discussion completely.

Point is both ideas are sort of right. We use most of our brain but nowhere near its full capability. If we were to unlock our full potential as we are now our brains would overheat and kill us. Think PC CPU over clocking without adequate cooling. A PC has safeguards to prevent thermal damage in that case but we do not.

Biology. Interesting subject, no?
Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Chaotic Mind  
Yeah, I guess, I need a liquid cooling system or sub zero cooling system installed on my brain to have 100%. XP

Also human body is quite inefficient to convert the energy to well our activity. Some say that it’s about 20% of the energy itself while the other 80% converted to heat. Thought i don’t know for the brain itself, but if it’s true we only use about 18% of our brain “true potential”, thought we need to redesign our body from ground up to be able to utilize those 80% of energy loss, like using superconductor materiel or some sort.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide