2018 Derpibooru Community Collab

deactivated5e866ccc

>tmw you filled out the form for a flying OC the day it was announced, then immediately proceeded to draw and post your OC flying that very same day, only to come back to this thread a week later and notice this.  
full  
…Heck  
I didn’t see that the first time around.  
What do?
Baran
Artist -

YinYang Pony
I’m looking for someone who will be willing to draw me for the Collab. I cant do digital art and I dont know how to edit my pictures to fit the standards. I would be willing to do an art trade
Liggliluff
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@xWoofyhoundx  
Well, you messed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The whole idea with the form was to pick out the ones they want; otherwise it wasn’t needed.

You can still finish the image, and show what it looks like, and just publish it here like a regular image for all to see, regardless if it’s selected or not.
Liggliluff
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Mike  
Yes, there’s plenty of time making a second version. But my point was that you shouldn’t assume you’ll pass the submission process; you might simply not pass.
Cogs Fixmore
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

💙~Milf Hunter~💙
I wanna be apart of this, but im to busy to draw something with my oc, if anyone would be willing to draw my horse id love to be in this event thing ; w;
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Baran  
Well if you have the time to do a traditional version, I can get the background removed in a fairly quick amount of time. You or I can also try to sketch out your OC and I can vector it, though I have about 3-4 not people to vector their OCs. Whichever choice you wish to do is up to you and how quickly do you want it done. You have about a month to do it.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Binkyt11  
I’ll remove the background from any traditional images that still have one, since there’s only a handful of them. But if you want to, awesome! Less work for me :D

@xWoofyhoundx  
@Liggliluff  
Still deciding on flying OCs. I should know tomorrow and send out yes/no answers.
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Joey  
I have an app on my phone that’s pretty damn good at removing backgrounds. The only thing I really ask is that the image has a decent amount of quality. Which means that it is not blurry and has a good amount of lighting. Though I can usually fix the latter’s issue, but the better the lighting quality the faster and easier the whole process can go.

A good (and only example) would be something I did for 40kponyguy guy a while ago.  
Original:  
>>1590457t (merged)  
Removed BG:  

I honestly don’t mind doing it since it’s for the most part really quick and almost effortless to do.
Liggliluff
Artist -

@Darkest Lunar Flower  
You can’t remove background per se. However, there are plenty of tricks to remove the background. – Simply removing the pure white (#FFFFFF) will have the object fade to write, then sharply become transparent. If the image is compressed in .jpg, it will have a lot of artifacts.

The way I do it to make accurate transition from opaque to transparent; it’s easiest if the object has a black outline, otherwise choose the red, green or blue channel that is the darkest. – User curves to make sure the object is pure black and the background is pure white. Now you have an alpha mask.

However, if you simply apply the alpha mask, you will have a double transition; both fading to transparent, and fading to white. What you need to do is to paint on the original image (not the mask), an outline around the object to remove the fading to white (you should of course use the same colour as the object’s outline). Now you can apply the alpha mask.

I can make a quick image tutorial if someone is interested.
Liggliluff
Artist -

@Creepa-Bot Inc.  
Okay, let’s use >>1585446 as our image  

*TUTORIAL HERE  
How each tool works is different between software.  
To make the transparent transition more accurate, duplicate your layer, and make the new layer at 31%. This will make the transaprency a bit more opaque, but more accurate.

COMPARASION:  
full  
1. If you only make the pure white into transparency. It will have jagged white edges. You might recognise this style.  
2. If you make the mask, but don’t make the white background into black of the original image, it will fade to white whilst fading away, giving it a glowing outline.  
3. The proper outcome.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide