2023 Derpibooru Community Collab

Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
@Joey
Joey, out of curiosity that’s not important to us, how on earth do you manage the layers for hundreds of pony characters? Do you literally have that many individually or do you clump them together in batches and merge them to one layer? Or is it just magic?
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Chopsticks
Layers? I was visiting as a lowly acolyte once to assist him, he just straight up opens a portal to the forbidden realm, pours in the appropriate amount of sacrifices and the images to be included, and after a few days of chanting and rituals, the finished image comes out, saved in a pristine memory stick still in its pack.
Honest.
Posted Report
Chopsticks
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rice pone
@Chopsticks
Layers? I was visiting as a lowly acolyte once to assist him, he just straight up opens a portal to the forbidden realm, pours in the appropriate amount of sacrifices and the images to be included, and after a few days of chanting and rituals, the finished image comes out, saved in a pristine memory stick still in its pack.
Honest.
This sounds more plausible.
And about 1,000x easier, less tedious, and even less torturous in all respects than using MS Paint.
Posted Report
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Still waiting on one person to review flying submissions. If I can’t get them to by tomorrow afternoon, their opinion may be discounted a bit….
@Chopsticks
It’s a simple ritual that occurs over several sessions and requires gin, tonic syrup, seltzer, and a lime.
But more seriously, I got an organization system worked out that largely splits the collab into 15-20 groups that (usually) contain approximately 50 submissions each. And by submission I mean one image - since a lot of submissions contain 2-3 characters, each group typically ends up having between 60-90 characters total.
When I start assembling a collab image, I start by downloading all the submissions into a single “working” folder. I then go through and find all of the (approved) flying characters and move them into a folder named “flying”. Then I go through and look for images that were request to be put together (like “please put image 1234 and image 5678 next to each other”), and put those into individual “cluster” folders - that’s how I ensure that those images are kept together when I place the in the image.
Now that all that sorting is down, it’s time to start assembling.
On my computer, I create folders for “First Row” and “Second Row”, and then go through all submissions and individually hand-select the images that go into those folders. This is because the characters in the first two rows tend to be fully visible head-to-hoof, so I look for characters that have fairly consistent proportions and sizing to keep anything from looking out of place.
Once I have approximately 60-65 characters in both of those folders, I use Photoshop’s “Load Files Into Stack” feature to load those two folders, which opens each image and merges them into a single workspace, with each image on a separate layer. I then create “First Row” and “Second Row” folders in Photoshop and put the respective layers in there:
https://i.imgur.com/TDVkOug.png
After that, I start building out the individual groups. I create a group folder on my computer, such as “Group 7”, then randomly select ~50 images from the “Working” folder, drag them into the “Group 7” folder, and use “Load Files Into Stack” to import the contents of that folder into the workspace, and put them all in a layer folder that’s also named “Group 7”. Then I just arrange them into any gaps behind the preceding role:
https://i.imgur.com/vro0ajZ.png
This makes managing the layers very easy, since I’m only working with approximately 50 layers and approximately 60-90 characters at a time. It also makes it easy to keep track of which images have been added to the collab, as anything in the “working” folder hasn’t been selected yet, while anything in a group/row folder has been selected and imported.
More importantly, this approach is also extremely fail-safe - if Photoshop crashed while I was working on Group 12, for example, I would just have to reload the PSD, delete Group 12 in Photoshop, and then re-import the Group 12 folder from my computer - that will re-import the exact same images, so I can be certain that nothing accidentally got skipped or duplicated.
Posted Report
Chopsticks
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rice pone
@Joey
Really appreciate this knowledge. Amazing.
I would’ve tried starting with the back row and moving up and working in spotty clumps and moving the layers together, but your method sounds far more efficient. I feel dumb, of course starting with the front is better.
Posted Report
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Dust Rock
OCs aren’t really proactively approved, instead staff keeps an eye on the sumbissions and when they spot something that is not acceptable or needs clarification, they contact the artist/uploader. If the error is unmitigable (submission was used in a previous year, features unsuitable species or a banned user’s OC and so on), the collab tag is also removed from the image. If you want confirmation that your submission is a-ok, you can always post it here and fellow users and staff will be able to point out any snags.
Posted Report
Funnygamer95
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -

MLP and TFH fan
Well like i do evey year me ask someone to do my ponystona and maybe one extra pony. Because am horrible drawing animals.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@icicle wicicle 1517
Actually, if it is not on the figure, but in the otherwise transparent background, that shouldn’t be a problem. But the signature will be cropped for the composition.
If it is on the figure, then … well, that would be more of a problem I think.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: alright we're done here