[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Badumsquish  
Must admit, I have a fear of spiders too.  
(Big ones at least. Don’t like big bugs).  
In the UK we don’t have many big spider species, but one of them is very common around where we live. The ‘Giant House Spider’.  
Around August through to October, (give or take a few weeks), I regularly find these things in the bath, or scurrying across the floors.  
A typical British spider ranges from these tiny things, like walking pin heads, up to about the size of a typical thumb nail, legs included.  
These buggers can be as big as the palm of my hand. And I’ve got big hands.

As for the Castlevania pic you posted, in some ways I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of those in the actual show. Ponies seem to make everything cute, even when it doesn’t dull the creepiness factor.
EddersCPFC

@Badumsquish  
I love this picture, just for how Mayor Mare looks =) I like POV pictures and think they’re pretty cool, although not sure on the interspecies dating (at least between humans and ponies. If it’s something like Discord and Celestia then I’m a fan of that).
40kponyguy
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
Just finished drawing the Aria Blaze version of that Sonata Dusk triplicate pic. Just need to throw some colour at it, so it should be up tonight.  
Then I guess I need to do one of Adagio to finish the set.

I’ll post a link here when I upload the Aria pic.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@40kponyguy  
Drawing stuff that “doesn’t belong” in the show is a big driving point behind why I never tried to evolve past a show-accurate style. It’s fun to see stuff like that as it presumably would look if it was a part of the show.

@EddersCPFC  
I’m a biiiiiiiiiiiiig fan of human-pony relationships. Particularly when one is a monster pony. They all said rubbing a goo pony’s tummy is impossible but I showed THEM!!!

Also, behold the embodiment of the gloom on 4Chan during the haitus, Gloomy:  
As the gloom on 4Chan from lack of poni grows, so does she. Often to gargantuan proportions. Once the new season is playing, she shrinks back down to regular pony size.

And BIG FLOOFY SPHINX PONY!!!  

That guy in all my pictures is Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon, that is the most basic and generic human character I could come up with. He’s not nearly Black or delicious enough to be a depiction of me ;D
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Badumsquish  
Well, I do try to come up with fun ideas from time to time. That triplicate pic of Sonata was something I’d considered drawing a few times. Seemed to be fairly well-received, so I decided to do the other two sirens as well.  
Changed the shape of the head on the Aria siren form from the Sonata Dusk one too. I think it does look a bit better for it.

As for the other images you linked, the “goo ponies” are not something I really like personally. (Even when they’re done as cute as that). Still, others enjoy them, and you’ve certainly got the talent to provide more material, so I’ll just leave it at that.

The ‘Gloomy’ pony… Not much to say there to be honest. It’s a novel idea though.

The Sphinx, however, now that one’s cute. Nice work there.

My only real problem with uploading my doodles here is they don’t stay in view long enough. Most of the time I try to see how high a score I can get, and up to press, I haven’t had a negative scoring pic yet. (A handful of single figure ones, but no negatives yet).  
I’m sure I’d get much better scores on my uploads if they got seen more. Some of my sketches are off the front page in under 10 minutes.

That was one reason I started this thread. To give my artwork a bit more exposure.

It also gives other artists a chance to do the same, (much like you have been doing, and I hope some others join in soon).
luna the great!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Alicorn enthusiast
@40kponyguy  
To be fair, everyone’s art disappears from the front page pretty quickly, unless it’s at a slow time. I think a lot of people track tags of the artists or subjects they like, but I’m not sure if anyone digs through pages, which is why so much art gets missed. That said, the thread is a good idea, it allows people’s art to be seen.

(yes hi randomly dropping into this thread)
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@EddersCPFC  
I’m willing to try pretty much anything once.

@40kponyguy  
I’ll tell you right straight that you don’t have to sugarcoat it if there’s something I made which you don’t like. I even have a handful of friends here who outright dislike pretty much every piece of art I’ve ever made.

I wouldn’t be to worried about that. You’ll gain watchers in time. Even though the site doesn’t publicly make how many people are watching you public (I’ve asked for the feature and so far the answers been “maybe eventually but probably not anytime soon, but I’ve not lost hope) it definitely does have a watch feature that people use, and as time goes on you’ll get more watchers and more people will find each individual piece you make.

I’m glad you started this thread too. I’ve always wanted there to be more of a thriving artist community on this site. We should push and see if we can get these threads stickied.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Badumsquish  
I have gained a small following here, (I’ve been on Derpibooru almost every day for over 3 years now, so that’s not surprising). I just enjoy getting feedback and appreciate that others seem to like what I’ve done so far.

I’m open to ideas. My ‘to-do list’ is looking a little empty at the moment.  
(That said, 4 of those to-do’s are comic pages, which take far longer to do, and sadly never seem to do that well for votes considering the work involved in producing them).
mewtwo-EX
Artist -

Hello folks! I didn’t realize this place existed. I normally use dA for discussions, but could get in the habit of checking here too :)
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@mewtwo-EX  
Welcome aboard.

This is a recent addition to the threads here, but I’m hoping it proves useful to the artists here in getting a bit more exposure for their art, and giving a bit of inspiration.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide