[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Background Pony #4149
@Background Pony #4149
I’m saying this because you seem serious about your art so I highly suggest you go the professional route–as in, you start involving yourself with ppl who do art for a living and reach out to them.

I guess it’s worth mentioning that I ended up doing something similar as an actual college course (technically twice): the first outcome (2016) was the lineless/pupil-less/gradientless style I had, and the second outcome (literally three months ago) was a five-page comic sample.

This isn’t it but rather a grayscale version of one of the pages since I thought about foregoing color altogether for the sake of speed.

Still find it weird that, even though my skillset lies in programming, I still have art skills. (on top of revamping two of my longest lasting ocs and literally coming up with a third on the spot just for the assignment i also have plans for a fourth oc (proposed (code)name is markov long, markov as in markov chain, and long as in the 64-bit signed integer) as a roommate for mahogany chip)

Will I ever post the entire five-page sample? Maybe, once I have the time to polish the result and 3D model a hallway.

EDIT: Actually, no; it was actually three times: once in a photoshop class where I had a sample of my former art style; the second in an HTML/CSS class where I refined my former art style by making some mockup images; and the third where I managed to make a five-page pony fancomic for an art final.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I will also probably color this later.

When you want a demon waifu but you gotta stay loyal to your waifu, so you turned your waifu into a demon.

full
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DrCool13  
That’s a cool pose. I can feel the impact on the punching bag, that’s great! One nitpicky detail is that the number of chain rings on each side are different, which imply that the bag is kinda tilted when it’s at rest. Sorry for nitpick

Also you do bipedal ponies better than I do bipedal human that’s kinda embarrassing for me.

@Parcly Taxel  
Thems genies be looking pretty amazing!

@Billblok  
Great job with the fur and fluff as always :) I like the background painting tho. I see you’re leveling up. Look at those ambient lighting and highlights! look at the texture and geometry on them trees! You can see them POP! The color combo on the background is pretty awesome. Bro you is a good one.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Guy on Discord was asking me:  
“Bro what is your style?”  
I’m like:  
“…Anime???”

“I know but WHAT is your style? I can’t pinpoint exactly because every piece you draw something different. The subject is the same but the style is never consistent. I see consistent mistakes you regularly make but everything else different.”

He’s right. I DON’T have a style. I’m jumping around imitating and hoping something finally clicks. I guess this is what separates pros and amateurs; pros have a style they’ve built over years of experience and they come up with new stuff. Noobs like me trace
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide