I Want to Start Drawing

Art Chat » I Want to Start Drawing Search Posts
Background Pony #7734
I’m using Krita. I would like to get into drawing ponies but I don’t know where to start.

Any training activities? Or instruction guides?
d1ckbitch
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
Derpibooru seems to have some interesting resources (simply use “tutorial” tag), that and doing your own experiments may be a good starting point
Goldenflow
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

Hug a birb today!
@Gameplay The Pony  
I second colored pencils! x)

Even without color it can’t hurt to have a small sketchpad around to start practicing lines in regular pencil! Also a bit easier to start with learning the basics of shading if that’s your thing, but everyone is different and you do what works for you!

I suggest you use references and try to copy them visually until they look right. It really helps you understand where the lines go and how things bend and stretch. This especially helps with understanding how to draw expressions. Know the rules so you can know how and when to break them!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide