OC Thread (Non-MLP Edition)

mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@ice1517  
I don’t remember much about them except one was a woman dressed in blue with psychic powers who was a superhero while the other one is another woman with magma powers that was a super-villain. They also both lived in Gotham.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@ice1517  
Aww thank you. Now that you brought this up, you kinda rejogged my memory on another old Batman OC I had that I also barely used. She had the power to manipulate technology.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@ice1517  
Oh nice. Mine was a villain since I figured it would be interesting for Batman (and by extension the Bat Family) would have to challenge someone who can stop and screw around with their expensive toys tools they use for crime fighting. It would mean that they’d have to get crafty and think of other ways to defeat her.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@mjangelvortex  
I see ^^ That would be interesting ^^

As for y oc with similar powers. He’s a Hispanic teenager, works as a car mechanic. Has the ability to “speak” to machines, allowing him to manipulate them and control them. Able to control all sorts of electronics and machnies (like computers and cars).

Also has the powers of Electricity too, able to fire bolts of lightning or electronic beams, or cover an item in electricity to add more of a punch.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@ice1517
Him. He’s an artist and his stand’s powers revolve around around making books, writing, and drawing.
@Extre-Vile
Not to mention overused to the point that it kinda loses all meaning.

Yeah, it’s like

Character with a perfect body = Mary-Sue

Female character with big boobs = Mary Sue

Character with Multicolred Hair = Mary Sue

Character is a Demon and/or Angel = Mary Sue

Character with insane superpowers = Mary Sue

Character with animal ears = Mary Sue

Character with depressing backstory = Mary Sue

I can go on forever listing these things, as if design and superpowers makes them a Mary-Sue (or Gary-Stu). None of things matters to me, how it is portrayed does matter.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Extre-Vile  
Basically that. The execution is what matters with this sort of thing.

@ice1517  
That too. A lot of canon protagonists have Sue traits but people tend to love them regardless of that and how their characters and stories are executed have a lot to play in that sort of thing.
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
Reading the discussion before I male my comment, as long as you’re happy with your character but are willing to improve them, don’t worry about them being a “Mary Sue/Gary Stu”. Hell, even mary sue characters can be charming in a way. Take for example Made Munchkin’s OC, Mary Sue, who is as what you would expect. She’s Obviously supposed to be a joke character of some sorts, but is given enough personality to have her feel unique. The same can be said for any character if you put in the effort. :)

——————————————————————————————————————

So recently I’ve been giving back into Rayman stuff. I tried remembering if I had any OC ideas aside from Binky for the fandom. I went through my stuff I found this little oldie from 2015.  
full

To give a quick rundown, his name is the wonderfully creative Kitty. He’s a near mute teensie who has some mysterious origins about his creation. While some say he was the result of a bored Polokus having one too many, others say he was a great, albeit clumsy wizard teensie who had cast a spell at the wrong time and fused with a nearby cat. He’s very playful, energetic, and generally loves attention, but he can be serious and act just like any other teensie mentally. And is the time calls for it, will fight back like a teensie as well (the use of magic for attacks). And as weird as the concept and design of an animal based Teensie was at the time, nearly a year and a half later in 2016 (since he waa created in 2014) Ubisoft released and update to Rayman Adventures themed around easter. One of the new characters was in fact and animal themed teensie called Rabbiteen. It led to a small boom of animal themed Teensies (all of which were wonderfully made), and while ny concept wasn’t really unique anymore, I can pride myself for being ahead I the game.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Binkyt11  
That’s a really good way of looking at these sort of things.

I’m not too familiar with Rayman but that OC’s rather cute. It’s pretty neat that you managed to make an OC like this before canon and other fans followed a similar trend too.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I think with ocs as long as you think you done a good job on them, that’s all that matters.

Also, I actually game up with a Borderlands oc, if any of you want to hear (Also I hope people here know about the game DX)
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Another OC I haven’t named is from Sly Cooper. He’s an evil counterpart to Murry a Grillia child soldier who watched his whole band get killed because he wasn’t strong enough.
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@mjangelvortex  
Ah ok.

Short summary of Borderlands is that it’s a FPS/RPG loot and shoot game that also has a massive gun fetish.

You get to pick one of 4 characters to play as, each with their own skills and perks. Each character also has a skill move, which helps them out in combat.

The oc would be a gambler/showgirl called Miss Fortune, with a playstyle that’s based around luck based buffs and debuffs.

Her skill move woyld be called “Wheel of (mis)Fortune”. It would take the form of a roulette wheel, and would land in a buff for her, or s debuffs for the enemies.
Shyette
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
I got Sonic OCs that are Square Race round Class. They are badly named.

Slider: the speedy turtle.

Truffle: The flying pig

Mint: The sheep power charter.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide