OC Thread

Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
Unrelated but related to the above: Wonder if this fandom will ever have a team of fan favorite recolors, like Transformers has the Seekers…
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
@mjangelvortex  
Your comment reminded me we actually have two fan-favorite groups of recolors:

The unicorn quartet of Lyra Heartstrings, Minuette, Amethyst Star and Sea Swirl, and the earth pony trio of Cheerilee, Berryshine and Cherry Berry.

I would also include the female Wonderbolts, but I’m not quite sure about those…
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Edhelistar  
I don’t really find it fair to call some ponies ‘recolors’ of other ones as it implies that one came first/is more important and also doesn’t take into account of how many ponies in general use the same assets or how toy molds are shared.
mjangelvortex
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@LightningBolt  
I think there might be some slight misunderstanding here.

I don’t think Edhelistar is trying to say the other ponies are lesser, especially with his previous comparison. In the Transformers fanbase, some characters are called recolors but are still very well-loved and respected characters in the fanbase (e.g. Cliffjumper, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Waspinator, etc.). The term isn’t used disparagingly there or anything of the sort like with some other fanbases (like the Sonic fanbase for example).
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@mjangelvortex  
I don’t know anything about Transformers to be fair. I’m just talking from my perspective on MLP and how I usually see people calling ponies recolors of others even then they are not any more a ‘recolor’ than any other.

Still, if he meant no harm, then I apologize. I get a bit on edge from how fast people are to bash anything that isn’t one of the dozen or so main characters.
Background Pony #8E84
Would anyone like to draw TOASTY RHINO BOI? He’s only got 3 images for his tag and they’re all screencaps.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Made a griffon OC.  

He has a short backstory written in the description(s).  
I’m not done with him yet, have a plan for something that will expand his world a little along with his backstory.
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
It has been a hot minute since I last came here, but I guess now is a good of a time as ever to post. In Pony Town I used the creator to make some OCs and I have art of 2 of them so far.

Space Ace:  
With a talent in astronomy, this tall gal is quiet and likes to keep to herself. She also has a small hobby in card games. 💜

Paper Doll:  
A pony made completely out of paper, they’re a blank slate welcome any form of creativity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide