unexpected flops

Art Chat » unexpected flops Search Posts
guidomista
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
has anyone else ever been drawing something, and expected it to especially wow your audience for whatever reason (for me its p much always huge pieces im spending lots of time on), but then it ends up doing just the same, or even slightly worse than other shit you draw??

you’ve come to the right place to fix that! post pieces that that happened with n talk about them too if u want! please put nsfw under a spoiler

for me it was this one! i did a LOT of new things in and thought it ended up looking super impactful, really WOWs you n shit, but on all platforms its been.. pretty average. especially low on here since OCs usually dont do as well as canon
guidomista
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
@lightning bolt AWW theyre cute!! they totally shoulda. especially with how well you transformed a non-canon species into the show style
Terton
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Barghest Best Girl
Can’t say I ever really expect much from any of my work. Kinda just post it and then just move on.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Shy gamer stallion
(NSFW)  
My first NSFW image ever uploaded to Derpi is the only one with most downvotes %(not counting peeking Downvote OC, which has more downvotes, but are done for purpose)%. I’m not sure if is it downvoted because of Pinkie’s vulva being off-model, or because her vagina is colored red that resemble blood for someone.  

I was quite depressed after that reception until I got a PM to try again. So I uploaded the second NSFW pony art and was received better than the first one.
Stoopedhooy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sad Confused Artist.
Confirmed my suspicions that I should not post training and especially sfw pics since uploading them turns out to be a big waste of time with absolutely no feedback.

>>2059228
guidomista
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
@Stooped_hooy  
i agree!! this is awesome omg, the ratings dont reflect how cool this is. its really unique too, i dont see things like this often, and the whole peeking-out shit makes it extra eerie
guidomista
Artist -

MEEsta not MISSta
yknow.. weird thing. i wasnt expecting these to do GREAT, but i was expecting the group all together to do better than the seperate files of each pony.. since idk i just imagine group pics are more impressive and interesting to look at

but they DIDNT! right now theyre around the same as most of the seperate files, but they took a lot longer to get there than just the seps, and still arent doing much better.. maybe its the time i uploaded, or maybe its just that having so many characters means a lot of clashing colours?  
or maybe most votes are obtained from thumbnails?? so if something isnt easily seen from a thumbnail, its less likely to be voted on
SilverTongue
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

So I’m not sure if I picked the right time, or the image wasn’t that good, but I barely scratched 68 upvotes on my first SFW image. And an image that took me plenty of effort too.

No downvotes but I definitely feel underwhelmed. Was hoping for a better reception.

full
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@SilverTongue  
No, you’re still trying to hotlink. !url! is used to create a link to an image (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.) outside of Derpibooru, but inside, use the >>number syntax. Type this:

>>2151358p

And you will get this:

Notice how the image is clickable and if someone, for whatever reason, filters your artist tag, they won’t see the image.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide