What images are you getting sick of seeing? (NSFW ALLOWED)

deactivated103f39d

@SaviorAssassin1996
I reckon it’s because there aren’t really a lot of male characters in the show.
Your choices are really just Big Farm Dude who can have whatever personality you want, Twi’s Brother, or Athlete who can have whatever personality you want. Or the Doctor Who reference, or one of the joke characters with insults for names, or kid Spike, or adult Spike, or giant Spike, a Student Six member, or someone’s dad.

There’s more male characters in the show than that.
SilverStarApple7
Duck - Duck Genocide Is Real!

@Wiimeiser  
Skipping over what someone said options someone selected in the Sexual tab of the character creation screen because I don’t enjoy arguing over NSFW content:  
No.  
No, uniqueness doesn’t make an OC a mary sue.  
I don’t blame you for thinking this, because way too many people do.  
A Mary Sue is an outdated and now-practically-worthless blanket term for a badly written character who’s badly written due to being: Overly perfect, Overly idealized, Treated better by the author and/or other characters than she deserves to be, Nothing more than wish-fulfillment by an author who forgot to tell a good story along the way, impossibly skilled and talented, a black hole everything is sucked into and forced to be about, a general detriment to the story that’s being told, or more than one of these things.  
Nobody can agree on what Sue means because so many people are convinced every bad character has to be “Some kind of” sue in some way, so the term gets split up and muddied and applied to characters it was never meant to apply to. That’s how we get the Anti Sue, the Middling Sue, and so on.  
If a character is unrealistically smart, able to predict things with incomplete or even no data to a perfect degree, call him unrealistically smart, not a “Sun Tsue”.  
If the character is able to “Just Know” BBC’s Shlock-tier shit he has no reason to know, complain about that.  
Characters don’t suck because they’re Sues, people cry Sue when a character sucks and they’re trying to figure out why. There’s nothing wrong with that, except that it means some really bad ideas and bits of terrible advice get repeated around the writing community.  
It’s the shallow “Look at my OC, isn’t it neat?“ness of a high power level and high universal importance that makes wish fulfillment OCs off-putting, not the high power level itself.  
It’s not the character being absurdly beautiful that makes her a bad character, it’s characters who have no reason to act this way fawning over her and declaring their undying love for her based solely on her looks.  
It’s the inauthenticity of Artificial Uniqueness that makes a bad character terrible. Not an overly high uniqueness level, a badly-selected selection of “Unique Traits”. A “Unique Character” with unique abilities and a unique perspective on life is going to bring something to a story other less-unique or differently-unique characters can, if written well. When written badly, the uniqueness is there to try and make it stand out or just there because the author thought it looked cool and didn’t think about how it affects the character as a coherent whole.  
Some people aim high, and some people miss the mark. Say missing the mark is a natural consequence of aiming high, and you convince people to make uncreative green-and-brown OCs and try desperately not to stand out.
AwkwardLuna
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Never go full Awkward
@Panko Pai
Then why are you complaining about it.

I thought the point of this thread was to complain, instead of doing it on images where it’s at against the rules?

That being said: self insert shipping. Seems to be even more common in the last few years, and it comes off as kinda sad. I get second hand depression looking at it.
SilverStarApple7
Duck - Duck Genocide Is Real!

@Hali the Emoji girl  
I don’t like how his episode is set up. The bit at the start where he meets Rainbow Dash and gets along great with her feels like someone’s fantasy, but that moment where he says something he isn’t allowed to say and she suddenly stops liking him feels like it was designed to say “You could get lucky and have the ultimate fantasy meeting at a convention and become a great friend of Rainbow Dash’s, but you would ruin it for yourself if you are like this guy”.

Then there’s some (Admittedly really fun) filler. It’s fun, but the Arbitrary Skepticism of Quibble Pants about the whole adventure is pointless and annoying. I do like how he’s still useful though.

And then at the end, he “Learns the moral of the episode”, which is “Different people are allowed to like different parts of the same product”.

Thing is, that was never something he didn’t already know. The episode’s actual moral is “Two different perspectives and two different types of people can both have value”, but the writers decided they wanted the designated wrong character to “Learn a lesson” about “Letting people enjoy things” (God I hate that stupid red herring of a concept). And instead of framing it as both ponies learning the lesson, RD learning to accept his dislike for the actiony parts and QP learning to accept her preference for the actiony parts, it’s framed as “RD was right all along and QP must learn the lesson”. Even though he wasn’t insulting Rainbow Dash for “liking the lame part and not being a true fan”, he just admitted he didn’t like the direction the series took and that annoyed RD. Shows are meant to accept their falling ratings with grace and tact, and accept that not all major shark-jumpy show-changes to major characters and the series’s overall direction will resonate with your entire fanbase, especially if they’re pulled off badly now and then. Not release episodes and shorts trying to insult critics of the show and have their complaints come from the mouths of old people or designated lame characters.

If you’re wondering why I genuinely hate that “LPET” statement, behold:

Mankind has finally discovered a sentence far more stupid and far more harmful than “Good Job”, and it’s “Let People Enjoy Things”. If you can only enjoy your product when you can’t remember the last time its flaws were pointed out to you, you don’t love the product, you just want to. And usually for a dumb reason like “I think being seen liking this product will make me look like a better person, or make me become loved by this big fandom it has”. Put the glasses from They Live on, and look at someone saying “Let People Enjoy Things”. Do you know what you’ll see? You’ll see a zombie saying “Stay silent and consume”. Or a robot saying “Do not criticize product, just purchase and love product then get excited for next product”. I don’t mean to be offensive when I say that, that They Live reference was put here for comedy’s sake and anyone who likes They Live or this concept is welcome to call me whatever they want in response, but this kind of statement is something only someone who wants to encourage robotic/zombie-like behaviour would say, whether they realize it or not. I’m sorry, Frank, but you’re a big boy now. I’m sorry, Karen, but you’re a big girl now. And if you two go on the internet, you’re going to see criticism of media you like, and they’re allowed to criticize media you like. They aren’t taking your ability to enjoy media away from you by criticizing it. They aren’t fun-hating demons here to harsh your good vibes. Nobody hurts Pokemon fans or the Pokemon franchise by saying “Toxapex is the worst thing Pokemon ever produced” or “I hate how hard the marketing pushes Lucario” or “Black and White is my favourite Pokemon game, but those cutscenes in Sun and Moon convinced me to stop playing halfway through and never pick the game back up again”.

When Fallout 76 came out, the Fallout fanbase didn’t turn hostile towards all critics of the game, the Fallout fanbase rightfully called Bethesda out for releasing a buggy unfinished sub-standard product riddled with bugs, microtransactions, and godawful game design meant to turn everything grindy. The fanbase made hilarious Fallout NV and 4 mods that poke fun at 76’s most foundational flaws. There’s a Skyrim 76 mod, too. It’s great, go check it out. They’re all great. True Fans of any given piece of media have a genuine love for that media, and that’s all it takes to be a true fan. Cultish devotion to a piece of media, a crush on a fictional character or actor in the media, or hatred for criticism of the media DO NOT make you “More” of a fan than someone who just genuinely loves the media. True fans aren’t just sleeping slaves to fate, they want the product they’re paying money to get to be the best it can be and they want the artists and writers and whatever else making it to improve, that’s why the Pokemon fandom is revolting over Game Freak cutting the National Dex after a long history of putting up with GF’s habit of removing features. If “Let People Enjoy Things” ever started as an honest thing to say to someone genuinely trying to nitpick a piece of media and/or insult others for liking it, it has devolved into a Stock Saying for bad fans of bad products to say to dismiss legitimate criticism and insult anyone who interrupts their pro-Skub echo chamber by saying anything like “I don’t like that show”  
or “I liked that show for a bit but it lost the plot from episode 16 onwards”  
or “Fairly Odd Parents was great but Chloe and Sparky really ruined it for me”  
or “Meta Knight in Brawl is way too powerful and he makes the game unfun, let’s play Project M instead”  
or “During the Rey and Kylo VS Red Guys fight in the new Star Wars movie, there are multiple points where the actors are late on their choreography and the Red Guys have to swing their weapons up and miss on purpose or stop and spin and wait for their turn to be blocked. And at one point, a guy with a laser dagger in each hand wraps an arm around Rey and could easily backstab her with his free hand, but the dagger in his other hand is just… erased in post production like a boom mic. Jackie Chan fight scenes from decades ago are way better and were made with half the budget, are such annoyingly easy-to-fix mistakes like a bad take making it into the final cut really something that should just be accepted forever in Star Wars, a major multi-billion-dollar IP?”.

Sorry for the rant, I just really needed to get my anger for this stupid concept off my chest. I have no anger for the actual episode, I just didn’t enjoy it and it could have been easily turned into one of the show’s best episodes, a fun love-letter to fans instead of an angry hate-letter to former fans.

The “sexual character creation tab” joke was a clever pun I forgot the explanation of. Sorry about that.
AwkwardLuna
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Never go full Awkward
@SaviorAssassin1996  
While real life never has an influence of fan art, I’m with you on this. It’s the same as that dumb “black guys are bigger” cliche, since zebras are stereotyped as Africans if the FiM universe.
Dashiefluffywaifu

Reach for the stars *
Bruh ppl be talkin smack about feral cloppers like damn, I don’t see a pony head on a human body being much different, just reversed anatomy
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide