What images are you getting sick of seeing? (NSFW ALLOWED)

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@MoPyr
It’s always been depressing to be an artist that mainly focuses on obscure BG ponies or (gasp) OCs (other than the handful of OCs with fandoms of their own). Now it’s double as depressing because whatever thought and effort you put in to make an image you like, it’s ever easier to get flat out ignored.
I wonder if there will emerge a pattern where certain artists will become appreciated for their ability to elevate AI generated images beyond merely fixing oopsies or adjusting details… giving the images their sense of style and flair. Being meticulous with things like historical accuracy, which will be exceedingly difficult for machine learning to get right unless painstakingly trained on closely curated material.
MoPyr
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

I'm on Deviantart!
@saby
Also the attitude of AI users and AI art apologists frustrate me to no end.
Earlier today I read a post about a late artist who had their art cannibalized and used by an AI “artist”.
Imagine dying as an artist and the one thing that happened after is someone taking your arts, shove it wholesale into an AI, calls it “hommage” then demand credit to themselves if anyone want to use it.
Absolutely ghoulish
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@MoPyr
Definitely #1 territory for sure. As original artist can’t consent to derivative works of their works, I’d feel super uneasy assuming they’d be fine with it. Legally speaking, that decision now belongs to their inheritors.
Unless they left behind decent evidence that they had a consistent and wide scope welcoming attitude about derivative works. Essentially informally free-licencing their art for derivative works. Which they probably didn’t.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@saby
That’s a dangerous position to take. Did DaVinci, Michenangelo, Picasso, Monet, El Greco, Degas, Velazquez, etc. leave clear indication they were OK with other people copying their style, their works, or just wholesale photos of it?
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@The Smiling Pony
Nah it’s not tho. It’s simple copyright law basics. If an artist doesn’t forfeit or transfer their copyright in part or in total before their death, they are passed onto their heirs just like all of their other property.
Most of those artists’ works are well beyond the time threshold to enter the Public Domain, and those who aren’t have their rights managed by their heirs or some other party like a trust or a business.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@saby
Faulty logic. “They’ve been dead for long enough that their wishes no longer matter”. That’s cold. “They didn’t set up their legal affairs properly and didn’t create an estate for their inheritors to milk off their dead teat forevermore”. OK.
Humanity should serve humanity, not the individual fortunes of inheritors and whims of ghosts.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@The Smiling Pony
You’re putting words in my mouth. I don’t even understand what you are trying to say in that first paragraph. Neither quotation has anything to do with what I have said in this discussion. I have not commented on morality, only general intellectual property law.
Frank question: do you know what the Public Domain is?
Background Pony #354F
AI generated images.
It’s not art. Art has humanity behind it. Intention. Emotion or a message. An AI cannot put this into an image because it does not have consciousness, or the self-awareness to understand what it is doing.
And you aren’t an artist for having typed in a few prompts into an AI image generation program.
It’s like if I were to commission an actual artist and, upon receiving the art, claim that I made it. Certainly I would’ve had input, but I’m not the artist and I didn’t make it
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Lil_VampireCJ
@Background Pony #354F
Facts 🐴👍
Some art sites do ban AI arts, imo Derpi should do the same, we shouldn’t let AI “artists” nest here
I find that in a way really respectable for those sites that do as it will help combat the issues with people using AI to steal Art. I really hope more Art Sites will follow & do the same too, I do not know if Derpibooru will but they already do filter/hide AI-Generated Images by-default, I really hope DeviantArt if they haven’t already but known DeviantArt they likely will Support the idea of “AI Art” and treat it as another trend just like how they did with NFTs which didn’t go well for them at all.
AI generated images.
It’s not art. Art has humanity behind it. Intention. Emotion or a message. An AI cannot put this into an image because it does not have consciousness, or the self-awareness to understand what it is doing.
And you aren’t an artist for having typed in a few prompts into an AI image generation program.
It’s like if I were to commission an actual artist and, upon receiving the art, claim that I made it. Certainly I would’ve had input, but I’m not the artist and I didn’t make it
AI Generated Images are often hidden by Default by the filters however if you’re using custom filters you will have to add the tag yourself.
A few things I am fed up of to do with AI is people treating it as “actual art” aka as if they did it themselves yet didn’t even make it apart from type a few prompt words. Another would be the amount of fear monger that has been promoted recently that has put a lot of Artists off from doing what they do due to the worry of their work being a waste of time or stolen NOW by AI, its no longer just worries of tracers, reposters or NFT Scammers stealing your art now and it only adds to the pile of things us Artists have to deal with.
PaskaNaakka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

PM me Maud pics
I personally don’t mind AI stuff, as long as it’s properly tagged. I think the technology is interesting, and it has its uses. Banning it would probably just encourage people to lie rather than being upfront about it.
But I do wish people posting AI-generated images would at least edit out ugly AI jank and artifacts from the pics. Clean it up a bit, put in some effort! >:V
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
AI generated images.
Some art sites do ban AI arts, imo Derpi should do the same, we shouldn’t let AI “artists” nest here
This. AI makes art easier to “create” but you lose any feeling of satisfaction since no effort was put into “creating” the art. I could go on but I’ve already ranted about this before. https://derpibooru.org/forums/art/topics/art-is-dead-long-live-ai
Posted Report
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Background Pony #354F
Have you never been in awe at the clouds, a constellation, ripples in a pond, or a neat rock? None of those were created with intentionality, yet they all inspire strong emotions. Creating the art inspires all the higher emotions in the artist, but insisting that such intent is necessary to inspire an artistic reaction in the viewer is sentimental claptrap. You may require artistic intention to appreciate an image, but that is personal preference, not an objective truth. Books belong to their readers; art, to its viewer; music, the listener.
The part about the prompt engineers not being artists, I do strongly agree with. There probably still should be a tag for prolific prompt-makers so that people can filter them out if said prompt engineer has a specific fetish that’s not always well-covered by the usual tags [sort of like an unofficial commissioner: prefix].
@PaskaNaakka
This has already caused an issue over on FurAffinity when the FA admins deleted an image because the artist was honest about using an AI-generated background [but all the foreground elements were hand-drawn by a fox]. A strict AI art ban is a de facto DADT policy for any image that is non-obvious [or had the AI jank edited out].
While I do not think this could be turned into an enforcable policy for the site staff to adopt due to people crossposting AI images from sources where these details are not known, it would be nice to have a rule that all AI images must supply the prompt (if known) in the description.
Posted Report
Background Pony #D55B
@Blissful690
not so easy if you like the less extreme forms
of course, inflation is even worse with the all or nothing situation
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Lil_VampireCJ
This one might be unpopular but I am getting fed up of seeing images like these on my timeline:
No hate to any artists but these are just really cringe and annoying to me, there’s also no individual subjective tag to hide them either without hiding a whole species which is a bit of a bummer as I don’t mind seeing Lamia Characters, just stuff like these make me cringe & feel uncomfortable.
Currently my only option is to either:
A - Manually Hide each induvial one that comes up (One I am currently doing.)
B - Hide literally whole species tags like Snake & Lamia (Which is not what I’m wanting to do, I just want to filter subject images like these as they annoy me.)
C - Advanced Tag Hide (Lamia, Coils) (Snake, Coils) (Snake, Constriction) (Lamia, Constriction) which would work but people can’t tag these images at all properly so this won’t work very well but is a quick fix solution which will filter out ones properly tagged with both things. I am currently trying this one out but so far, its not working as I’ve already spotted a lot of ones not tagged properly meaning they do not get filtered. :/
Anyone else getting fed up of constantly seeing these, especially as they are growing more “popular” lately again or is this just a unpopular dislike that I have.
Posted Report
AwkwardLuna
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Never go full Awkward
@Lil_VampireCJ
Probably your best bet would be to hide the “constriction” tag. From a quick glance it seems to be used almost exclusively for this snake constriction fetish crap. I’m with you on disliking it, but I can’t say if it’s gotten more popular or just that one person has been uploading it more lately.
I hear ya on not wanting to hide certain tags. For example, there’s lots of weird cringe that involves ponies in diapers that I’d rather miss but it doesn’t always warrant further tags, and hiding “diapers” might mean I’d miss something innocent like a picture of the Cake family. Ah well, first world problems.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
And it bugs me too, especially with the intercourse crap. FFS we technically have stricter tagging requirements than Danbooru!
@AwkwardLuna
Three of the four sample images were uploaded anonymously, so quite possibly the same user.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ

Lil_VampireCJ
@Lil_VampireCJ
Probably your best bet would be to hide the “constriction” tag. From a quick glance it seems to be used almost exclusively for this snake constriction fetish crap. I’m with you on disliking it, but I can’t say if it’s gotten more popular or just that one person has been uploading it more lately.
I hear ya on not wanting to hide certain tags. For example, there’s lots of weird cringe that involves ponies in diapers that I’d rather miss but it doesn’t always warrant further tags, and hiding “diapers” might mean I’d miss something innocent like a picture of the Cake family. Ah well, first world problems.
Yeah, I’ve hid that tag now. And I am glad I’m not the only one who isn’t a fan of it. I’m probably guessing its just the same person uploading those things but I don’t really care much about that part really I only really care about it being off my screen & out of my sight respectfully. Honestly it reminds me of the time that bee fetish thing became a thing, but honestly I took it as a joke as I found it funny af plus you couldn’t take any of the artworks submitted under the tag seriously as a lot of them at the time were scuffed 1000 hours in MS Paint type of artworks.
But yes, I completely agree with that, I am getting sick of people making innocent things like “pregnancy” & “Diaper” as well as other things into a fetish but I do not want to hide the whole tag alone or similar tags as most the time its just chub or something innocent more than it being a Fetish Stuff; this is when complex filters come in handy(sometimes.)
(diaper, fetish)
(pregnant, fetish)
I only have certain whole tags hidden but I quite prefer to limit that to a complex filter tag rather than accidentally not see something bad and is completely innocent. I like to support as many artists as I can have respect for, especially those remaining on the safe/innocent side.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide