What images are you getting sick of seeing? (NSFW ALLOWED)

AwkwardLuna
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Never go full Awkward
@Jade Kitsune
Yeah that’s a nice sentiment but… it’s not how it works. The best one can do is encourage others to use the AI tools responsibly, or avoid them completely, and make sure people are upfront if an image is AI generated.
Posted Report
d1ckbitch
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
@AwkwardLuna
Inkbunny had to take a stand, and they decided to allow it, but with very tight restrictions, such as pictures have to be tagged as ai generated/corrected, prompt must be posted alongside it, forbidden to mention any living or recently dead artist in it, things like that.
Though the prompt sharing thing may lead to an increase of AI generated art in the future ; good prompts aren’t easy to find
Posted Report
MoPyr
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I'm on Deviantart!
it’s pretty disheartening to see that while other art sites are finding ways to limit AI arts, Derpibooru’s community just straight up rewards them with hundred of upvotes just because they have horse pussies or thicc naked anthro in it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

IMO the core issue with the current version of AI image generators is with that it’s less of a tool for artist and more of a replacement. The problem is that it’s trying to take away the creative process out of the artist. And that isn’t okay. You’re taking the FUN part of what artists do, and delegating it to some algorithm.
What an ethical AI Art Tool does is the following: taking the grindy, machine-like, time-consuming, soul-sucking part of the process out of the equation, leaving the creative part alone. It shouldn’t try to REPLACE the artist, it should give them more space and opportunity to explore more creative and make the iteration process faster. It should be your personal assistant, not a competing artist.
For example: “making inbetween frames” “coloring” “screen toning” “hatching” “inking” IF you’re the kinda guys who really find those process boring or not giving you the results you want due to skill issue.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Another glaring issue with the current AI model is ofc, the stealing thing.
Even IF you the prompter types in “Artist XYZ” and you place Artist XYZ in the credit, how can you be sure the AI exclusively uses explicitly public domain Artist XYZ works and nothing else?
How does it work? which library of images does it take from, what sort of transformation did it do, is it Fair Use, etc.
If many amateur and beginner artists including me, don’t know where the line between inspired by and plagiarized from is…does the AI know?
Background Pony #9928
@tehwatever
I think a lot of people, including some of those ‘reporting’ on the field are making the mistake of conflating AI with the Midjourney model. Ie: a closed off proprietary model you pay for access to and you just enter text for an output. This is only a small slice of what AI art does because all of the things you gave as examples are possible today, not only are they possible I frankly believe that they are the only real future for AI art as anything more than a curio or hobby.
The fact is, if you leave everything up to the AI you can get some diamonds in the rough but only if your goal is… not particularly specific. Like if you want a picture of Twilight sparkle reading a book, it can do that, but the specifics can’t be remembered. If you generate the perfect OC in a barbarian costume, the next generation of that same prompt will always be subtly different because the AI doesn’t know whats important it only knows generalities, theoretically a sufficiently detailed prompt might get around this but I am frankly skeptical of the average persons ability to describe in precise enough detail in meaningful language exactly what they want and in a way the AI can’t easily misinterpret.
I think what actually happens when the average person generates a piece, they have a general idea of what they want and since the AI excels at filling in general nonspecific detail then they say ‘oh wow, good enough’. This is great for the hobbyist who wants a picture of a generally well understood character doing some task ‘Twiggles reading’. This is not great for someone wanting a poorly understood character [think: an oc] with or doing something specific. So for example, if you have a knight OC you probably have a related ‘canon’ suit of armor for that character, you have it set up in such a way that makes the character more specific than ‘a blue batpony in armor’ but unless you can painstakingly describe in full detail every greave, leather strap, pauldron and piece of chainmail [and god help you, the ai won’t know where half of them go] then you won’t get your OC every time by prompting ‘a blue batpony in armor’ you’ll get a bunch of subtly similar but unrelated characters.
As someone who has been using AI for a few months now, I don’t think this is a surmountable problem realistically for the txt prompters. Even if their work is visually stunning the lack of specificity will damn them when it becomes important.
The only way you can consistently reproduce a character is if you have something like a dreamtheater model, and the only way to get a halfway decent dreamtheater model is to pay an artist(s) to draw your character from 20 angles 20 times. This is not a practical replacement for OC creation, it just isn’t. What this is practical for, is for an artist who, for the sake of a comic or whathaveyou, already has or will draw many different versions of the same specific character. I have tested this with the consent of an artist friend and was able to reproduce detailed outfits and colourschemes only after about 13 images. I have to imagine every commission artist would be weeping with joy if the average commissioner had to buy in 13 times before accessing the AI market, because that’s a hell of a lot more than the current median.
Moving on you talk about replacing the creative ‘fun’ side of art, I think to some extent this is true for things like novelai or midjourney but on home models I just don’t think that is the case. some of the best and most impressive pieces of AI art I have seen are heavily modified by the creator who saw an original image that only had potential but needed a guiding human hand to realize it. Some cases of inpainting can be shocking in how different the original AI image is from the final human guided product. Here is a older example of inpainting, it’s far from the most impressive image but over 1400 layers each guided by a human made brushstroke it can demonstrate how images change with human guidance. Now here I’m open to saying that your mileage may vary, everyone’s creative process is different and I would not begrudge someone who had absolutely no interest in sifting through 3000 directionless AI generated images to find one that can have meaning added to it over the spam of 3-5 hours of relentless inpainting.
Now as for more specific examples of grunt work being taken over by the AI, in this I cannot give very many good examples but it is still very much a real thing. If I had more mechanical artistic skill I could demonstrate better and I have some AI pieces I could open up psd’s for and show you parts that were originally hand drawn but here is a very quick example of what is possible. I can draw the left piece in 20 minutes, I can draw the right in 3 years. I can generate the right by drawing the left in 20 minutes and running it through the AI for another 10. Is this not colouring and inking for someone who otherwise lacks the skill? Obviously it’s not perfect, [the current iteration of the pony model struggles with bandanas and slit pupils for now] but I had the creative idea of a bat pony mare singing into a microphone and via AI I was able to execute that creative vision on a level I’d be otherwise incapable, you can’t say this particular image lacks agency because I was there driving it from minute one, in the guassian noise my sketch was there seeding the way.
Now as for lacking an understanding of what exactly is in these models, again I would call this a midjourney problem. We don’t know what was involved there, they keep it all close to the chest. for public models though, learn some python and you can open them up. See the tokens for yourself, fiddle with the weights. we also know they’re all iterated off of the default stable diffusion model [usually 1.4] and we all have direct searchable access to those datasets.
In the end we are very early on in this change, it’s hard to say exactly what the future will bring. I for one, having used these generators for months now, think the ‘death of the artist’ is massively overstated. I have hope for a future where artists are less constrained on time, where someone working a 9 to 5 can express themselves without bleeding on the canvas, where cheap consumable art that enriches experiences isn’t completely inaccessible to 99% of the planet. Where access to these tools is not the exclusive domain of megacorps who own enough media to train AI while everyone else doesn’t have a prayer.
I don’t even want people to change their ways. If you don’t like AI art then keep it filtered, if the suffering of the process is the spice of life for you, then okay throw out the last 100 years of art theory and go back to counting paintstrokes if you want, that is your right. I don’t think you should be forced to look at it if you don’t want to, as long as the hostility dies down I’m cool with whatever.
now as for the whole ‘stealing’ thing, it just does not make sense once you understand how the system works. The act of training is noising on images with known subjects and grading the machines ability to correct the noise, this process allows it to associate concepts to shapes/colors/etc. Do you remember that famous painting of Jesus that was partially destroyed and a woman attempted to ‘restore’ it despite being very unskilled as a painter? That’s basically what the AI is doing, it sees damage and tries to fix it without the context of the original whole piece. Why do we do it like this? Because the act of generating is lying to the AI that you have a picture of Jesus that needs repairing and then presenting it with a blank canvas [random gaussian noise actually]. The AI then desperately makes random changes to the noise until any part of it vaguely resembles the target concepts and then iterates further from there, you can actually generate images along every step of the process to see how the AI gradually transforms nothing into fuzzy shapes into detail, It doesn’t ‘know’ about the detail in advance and will frequently and obviously ‘change its mind’ as the process continues. It is just trusting the user who says that there is supposed to be picture of Jesus so it keeps iterating and iterating until it makes the thing it’s trying to find. There are people who imagine that this tech is some great kitbasher that makes composite monstrosities but this is not an illusion that will last long if you actually use the program. the images are an ever narrowing cloud of possibilities within the latent space, this is why it can’t really do specifics because the possible interpretations of a concept like ‘Jesus’ are so widely varied that reducing chaos to a picture of Jesus will never result in the same picture twice.
TLDR: Too many words, Cheerilee is best pony.
Posted Report
PaskaNaakka
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes

PM me Maud pics
@Background Pony #9928
Good in depth post, appreciate it.
I haven’t used AI myself aside from looking at CrAIyon a couple of times. I don’t really see a use for it in my workflow, personally. I find I can draw and color a picture quite quickly, and I have a feeling it would take way longer to get a passable result with AI than just doing it by hand. Especially with subjects I’m familiar with, like ponies. It seems like a great solution, but to a problem I don’t have.
Now, anyone who has commissioned me can probably attest that I can work at a snail’s pace sometimes, but that’s not because the actual work of drawing is hard, it’s because sitting down to draw is hard. If someone makes an AI that forces you to sit down and work at gunpoint, that might increase my productivity :V
I think of art as a sort of language, and AI images as a kind of machine translation. Google translate is for sure useful in many cases, but it’s not a replacement for actually speaking and understanding the language. Actually understanding the rules, vocabulary and structure of a language engages your brain in a completely different, much deeper way than just using a translator. It’s the same with art.
if the suffering of the process is the spice of life for you, then okay throw out the last 100 years of art theory and go back to counting paintstrokes if you want, that is your right.
It’s far from suffering, though. Working on and improving a skill you have is just about the most satisfying thing a human can do, I think.
The real treasure art was the friends skills we gained along the way!
Posted Report
d1ckbitch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
If I had more mechanical artistic skill I could demonstrate better and I have some AI pieces I could open up psd’s for and show you parts that were originally hand drawn but here is a very quick example of what is possible. I can draw the left piece in 20 minutes, I can draw the right in 3 years. I can generate the right by drawing the left in 20 minutes and running it through the AI for another 10.
These are especially tough times for YCH-selling artists
Also, I think AI could find a legitimate use for filling picture backgrounds, if only a placeholder is needed… Instead of a painting-filtered photography, for example. Less work for the artist, more focus on the actual subject
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #9928
If your argument is that AI art is capable of producing cheap consumable art that is accessible to 99% of people then I suppose it won’t be AI itself that will kill artists, it will be the consumers.
There is no need for people to bleed on the canvas or spend time training art. The AI can just give them what they want faster, more efficient. 80% of the quality of human produced art at 0.1% of the time taken to produce it.
Note: I did not discourage using AI as a way to bypass the grindy, more technical, skill-based parts of the workflow like anatomical accuracy, inking, coloring, shading, texturing–If this is what’s been holding people back from generating creative contents, then I’m actually ok with AI doing the grunt work, underpaid and overworked.
IF. Big IF. you really believe people will still at the end of the day, value human-produced, commercial, cheap-thrill art, or that having AI art feeding you hundreds and thousands of cheaply made but decent quality artworks would motivate you to improve on them, motivate you to CREATE with your own hands. Fine. That’s the best case scenario.
Worst case is that people use it as an artist’ replacement, or use it as a permanent crutch, or consider themselves to be actually able to produce the quality of art the AI produces or even worse yet, that they consider prompt wrangling or general AI-generating skills to actually be equivalent to the skills of current day digital artists.
d1ckbitch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
Last four days only yielded 50 machine-learning generated pictures. Kind of a drastic drop, as the next 50 pictures were made only one day before… Looks like the hype is fading.
I’m wondering if people who actually managed to get decent enough productions to share on DB grew bored or something. Once you get somewhat good-looking picture, you’ve reached the peak of what you can get from the software ; there will be no story, no specific point of interest in the picture, no small but clever detail somewhere in the background, nothing. It’s only fun for a few days/weeks.
Inpainting a picture to try to get something specific can’t be made more than a few time, as it’s a long and frustrating process… With half-decent drawing skills, you could’ve made the picture you actually want, from scratch. AI may even motivate a few people to try doing art by themselves, who knows?
Bottom line : don’t fall from the survivor bias with what’s being posted on DB, and may I suggest to assess the threat by yourself, by actually trying AI so you’ll see how it’s not really the artists steamroller people think it is.
IDK about what it will be in a few years, though ; last months are to be considered a warning to what’s about to come
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@d1ckbitch
A lot of people trying out these tools have had an idea stuck in their head like a painful thorn for possibly years, and this is finally their release; once it’s out, it’s out. That guy that dropped like 30 happy anthro Lyras was probably too socially anxious or financially incapable to just commission it, and not able to draw what they had in their head, but the AI tool helped them get what they wanted, and now they’re happy.
There will obviously always be people still churning out more, just like there are people that, after 12? years still slap shitty joke captions on screencaps, but most people that have their go get that one thing out of their head and get on with being happy.
Posted Report
d1ckbitch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
@The Smiling Pony
I like this theory, thank you for sharing it ; it feels so true.
Lots of people will use it like a toy, and maybe share some of the few pearls they’ll manage to get, but most important, will have the feeling of having been creative, even though the actual creativity is debatable ; and it’s a nice feeling of accomplishment, one can’t really blame people to want a taste of
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@d1ckbitch
@The Smiling Pony
I actually a literal thousand of AI generated big tiddy anime hijab using locally installed waifu diffusion, midjourney and the leaked NovelAI model, so it’s not like I don’t know the appeal of it and how high you could get from the rush of finally getting closer to being able to create what you’ve been wanting to create.
But the illusion wears off quickly.
I hope that the taste of creative accomplishment will push those without skills or resources, to start their creative journey.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@tehwatever
My expectation is most people that stick with it will learn to sketch and compose images, use AI to fix it up, then do further passes.
Will it be “art”? IMO yes. These same arguments happened when art programs popped up with ctrl+z, layers, vector lines, etc.

The copyright/art theft issue will be “resolved” very fast; Adobe etc. will have their own AI tools soon, and they will not risk any copyright issues popping up, so they’ll use public domain and commissioned art for their models.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@The Smiling Pony
That’s fine, because you’re in the director’s seat. You’re creatively directing the AI to get what you want, how you want, rather than making a vague wishlist and hope that Santa AI / God AI grants your wishes.
As long as the final result is YOUR work, in a sense that your deliberate decisions is what’s shaping the result (ofc there’s rooms for happy accidents) then you can still claim it as your art.
Besides, the question of “will it be art?” never crossed my mind. Art’s imo is the final result of a creative intention, including AI generated images prompted by a creative agent.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Stories I wish would stop being recommended to me: all these crossover ships involving Naruto. Pick a different male character, for crying out loud!
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
My biggest complaint about AI art is the lack of variety. For the most part it’s just the Mane 6 and princess sisters, with the occasional Lyra for some reason. How about some Fallout: Equestria characters for a change? Though in saying that I probably just opened the Pandora’s Box for a cursed gigathicc Puppysmiles. That is, if more characters ever become available…
@Jade Kitsune
Why Naruto? Why always Naruto? Is it because he’s better than they’ll ever be?
Posted Report
Diego96

@Wiimeiser
Purplesmart occasionally generates pretty interesting OCs. It’s just that the prompters don’t really feel all that welcome or are too shy to share them here or in other places, so they get buried under pages and pages of images in the already clogged and hard-to-navigate Discord UI.
Some of the generations even give NovelAI a run for its money but I can’t share them because I believe it’s in the prompter’s right, so I can only encourage them.
Maybe the new upcoming (in a few days) site will best showcase some of the best images and prompts without having to scavenge the Discord for all eternity.
Also I have lot of Lyras on hold.
Background Pony #619E
When someone renders out several angles of the exact same 3d scene; exact same poses, etc.
  1. Develop some artistic vision and make up your mind
  2. Stop giving the medium a reputation for being spammy
  3. I feel like it’s something people tend to grow out of, so if you’re planning to make multiple views, your scene probably isn’t interesting enough to deserve it in the first place

I’m not spoiling AI stuff entirely because I like the pony voices, but if I could just spoil the AI generated art, I would be incredibly happy.
AI voice stuff is getting tagged machine learning assisted, so it should be pretty reliable for your preferences to spoil/hide machine learning generated. If you want to go a step further, you could also use a line in the complex filter for machine learning assisted, -webm because voice stuff will always be WEBM.
Another reason I put this on spoiler, other than recognizing it’s an AI art, is the fact all arts done with it looks repetitive. No matter which art, they all look the same, even if it’s a different character.
Hyperbole, and trivial to show counter-examples. I’m really tired of the not-takes thrown around in arguments about AI art, and it doesn’t help your point.
Stablediffusion, NovelAI arts kinda became laughably recognizable for me these days. Because everyone keep putting the word “masterpiece” or insert popular artist’s name here and without fail the AI generate the same looking art with the smooth shading style all the time, to the point it’s becoming homogenized.
Now this is fair to say, and constructive. Yeah, I agree, to an extent. NovelAI in particular was making a lot of very same-y pictures, especially in terms of the faces and shading. I ended up hiding AI art on Pixiv because of this very thing: overuse and under-variety. IMO it’ll be critical for people to have very high standards when it comes to AI art; the capacity for bulk output necessitates that.
I’m not sick of the art per se…it’s just that when I see some detailed, professionally rendered image on this board I immediately want to congratulate the artist–but who the hell do I praise when it says “AI ART”?! How can I ask the artist “how did you do it, how long did it take you in years to get this good?” when the answer is a very obvious “I didn’t do it, but it took me a minute.”
Well…at least it says “AI art”.
You can’t form a fair opinion when you don’t know what went into a piece:
“Wow, this game world looks amazing, it’s so lifelike!” It’s assets from Megascans…
“Wow, the inkwork is so smooth, you must have so much practice!” It’s stabilizer…
“Wow, the clouds are so beautiful, what’s your technique?” It’s a stock photo…
All useful, all have their place, all things someone might or might not value. When you learn a piece is generated by AI, you can heavily discount the importance of “detailed” or “quality rendering” and evaluate things like “what is depicted/being conveyed”.
How does it work? which library of images does it take from, what sort of transformation did it do, is it Fair Use, etc.
If many amateur and beginner artists including me, don’t know where the line between inspired by and plagiarized from is…does the AI know?
Yeah, this is one of the concerning things to me about this tech. It’s not supposed to copy any specific thing (not by the research goals, anyway - of course, people can misuse it) but how would anyone know if it does produce something too similar to a pre-existing work, by accident? It’s not feasible to be familiar with all of the hundreds of millions of images in the data sets. At least with good old-fashioned tracing and plagiarism, someone involved knew what they were doing.
It also hits really different in my mind when it’s individuals using and training the software, vs. when it’s benefiting companies selling its use as a product (eg. that portrait app that was getting press recently).
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide