Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ciaran in topic Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
"[@Sparx":](/forums/dis/topics/ask-the-mods-anything?post_id=5074360#post_5074360
)  
May has been really hard for a ton of weird different reasons. Got my covid vaccination and wow the side effects put me out for almost 3 days, but then a week later
I felt better than I have in a whole year. Like, I can remember things again, and stuff tastes again! But then one of my cats got super sick - like, spend the night in the hospital sick - and we've been having to help her stand to use the litter box and feeding her by hand, but she is getting better. And I've got a garden started which feels great!

So ... May's been hard, but also good :)

My most recent game was
"Forge of Empires". I tried playing it for awhile, maybe 6 weeks now, and had a lot of fun! Got into a nice laid back guild, conquered a bunch of other lands, got all the way into the Medieval ages.

But - wow is that game "Pay To Play".

They're having a new "Archaeology Event" and I was playing that for awhile, and got a new "colony" to manage, and then my guild did a quest, and I spent $50 in just one day just "negotiating" with merchants.

Literally everything at some point "costs diamonds", which are something like 500 for US$10, and when you start doing the guild quests you are paying diamonds every step of the way.

And some of the nicer buildings are only available for diamonds, and some of them cost thousands of diamonds, which is tens of IRL dollars.

So ... pfft. Ok, that was fun, but if I want to pay to play guild quests I'll play WoW.

I mean, I really recommend it just for chill city building fun. But that "free" game is 100% engineered to suck your billfold dry. Now every time I click something in there it reminds me that I'm missing out on some new feature or option that will only cost $20 worth of diamonds, or two or three days worth of city resources, to join in on.

[

I
still go in there periodically to update the city and help my guild fr]iends, but every time I go in there it's just an endless stream of "If I just paid $4 for this it would be easier" or "If I just paid $20 for that I could save[/ a week of saving city production", and "for only $9 I could join the guild in this quest".

And that's a lot of money fo
r] a casual game. I'd rather focus on games on the Play Station.

||five||
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran