Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cosmas-the-Explorer in topic Ask the mods anything

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
[@Ciaran](/forums/dis/topics/ask-the-mods-anything?post_id=5235088#post_5235088)
I like how Percy Jackson is a dyslexic 12 year old kid who is sarcastic and gives funny remarks. (More to the audience since the book is written in a first person view), but also being very kind and caring to others even if his life really sucks.

It's a Young Adult novel from 2005 similar to Harry Potter, but instead of being wizards at a school, it's about these modern kids being the demigods, the children of a mortal and one of the Greek deities like Zeus. And instead of Hogwarts, you have Camp Half Blood.

I love how it goes into Greek myths. And I've heard it's a bit more accuarate then a lot of other stories about this genre, especially since the author was a teacher who taught myths. Although I still wouldn't want to put my money on it being completly accurate.

I guess you could call it Harry Potter but with Greek myths. But it's a little more about combat. Percy will literally destroy the creatures coming after him with his sword. And basically he has to travel from NYC to Los Angeles to save his mother from HTadertarus and recover Zeus thunderbolt.

TLDR: It's like Harry Potter but more physical action, more roadtrip, a bit more snarky and edgy. And I guess it has a more modern and cool feel to it.

I haven't read the four other books yet, but I do enjoy Perxy Jackson. Hopefully I can read Harry Potter as well.
No reason given
Edited by Cosmas-the-Explorer
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
[@Ciaran](/forums/dis/topics/ask-the-mods-anything?post_id=5235088#post_5235088)
I like how Percy Jackson is a dyslexic 12 year old kid who is sarcastic and gives funny remarks. (More to the audience since the book is written in a first person view), but also being very kind and caring to others even if his life really sucks.

It's a Young Adult novel from 2005 similar to Harry Potter, but instead of being wizards at a school, it's about these modern kids being the demigods, the children of a mortal and one of the Greek deities like Zeus. And instead of Hogwarts, you have Camp Half Blood.

I love how it goes into Greek myths. And I've heard it's a bit more accuarate then a lot of other stories about this genre, especially since the author was a teacher who taught myths. Although I still wouldn't want to put my money on it being completly accurate.

I guess you could call it Harry Potter but with Greek myths. But it's a little more about combat. Percy will literally destroy the creatures coming after him with his sword. And basically he has to travel from NYC to Los Angeles to save his mother from Hades and recover Zeus thunderbolt.

TLDR: It's like Harry Potter but more physical action, more roadtrip, a bit more snarky and edgy. And I guess it has a more modern and cool feel to it.

I haven't read the four other books yet, but I do enjoy Perxy Jackson. Hopefully I can read Harry Potter as well.
No reason given
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I like how Percy Jackson is a 12 year old kid who is sarcastic and gives funny remarks. (More to the audience since the book is written in a first person view), but also being very kind and caring to others even if his life really sucks.

I guess you could call it Harry Potter but with Greek myths. But it's a little more about combat. Percy will literally destroy the creatures coming after him with his sword. And basically he has to travel from NYC to Los Angeles to save his mother from Hades and recover Zeus thunderbolt.

No reason given