Ask the mods anything

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
How does ‘Dream Mixer’ sound as a Mlp fanfiction series containing multiple stories and a few crossovers?

Also gimme a number between 0 and 305?
SilverStarApple7
Duck - Duck Genocide Is Real!

I decided to make a contest, how do I advertise it and get people to join? The contest is “Whoever makes the best picture within the chosen theme before 2nd of August 2PM wins £200. And the contest’s theme is: Romance: Twilight Sparkle and my OC Silver Star Apple”
ZippySqrl
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Lady's Wink -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Tired Artist
@SilverStarApple7  
I know one person who is doing a contest like that, except each participant gets $20 regardless, and the winner just gets an extra $50+ or something. So they’re not just getting people to draw them free art with an empty promise of potentially getting paid for it.
Blossomforth
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Flexible - Bendy Pony

The Flexible One
@ZippySqrl  
Now THAT is a good way to run such a contest!

@SilverStarApple7  
It’s a good prize, but only one person wins it, while everyone else just essentially drew free art for you and got nothing in return.

@GenericArchangel  
The way ZippySqrl suggested sounds like the best way - everyone who enters gets something in return, so they’re not wasting their time.

Otherwise, about the only way you can do it without compensating everyone is to have an extremely generic theme/subject - no “draw this specific OC/character/ship/fetish/whatever” or anything of that. The theme would have to be something that can produce images that are enjoyable to everyone. And even then I wouldn’t expect too many responses, since people would rather be creating art that either they want to create, or that they can profit off of.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@SilverStarApple7  
Mate, just put that money into commissioning 3+ artists for images you know you’ll like and they know they’ll get paid for, rather than risk:

1. Nobody participates, you get nothing  
  2. People participate, but there’s nothing you really like, and you give the money for an image that’s “meh” to you  
  3. People participate, put a lot of effort into it, and feel cheated for not getting anything back because only one wins
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@The Smiling Pony  
4. Nobody participates, then one person recognizes this a few hours before the deadline, submits a crappy Pony Creator image that they made in the span of five minutes, and demands the 200GBP since they were the only entrant and thus win by default.

I mean, that’d be hilarious, but probably wrong.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide