Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #87CD
Which one it's harder to moderate/administrate; Derpibooru or Furbooru? (Also which one do you like the most?)

@altopony

Lolz, and who are the Derpibooru gods in that case?

But seriously, that error is annoyingly common for me, I find it even on the soup!
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - I technically drew the whole website :3
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages - 90's Derpibooru Overhaul.
Platinum bit - platinum bit

Senior Moderator
#1 FleetDash Supporter
@Background Pony #87CD
While Furbooru does have a much larger scope than Derpibooru the thing is Derpi is already 10 years old at this point and it's a significant part of the MLP fandom with a great following.

Furbi is not even one year old and has a long way until it becomes truly relevant in the furry world therefore the activity on it is still smaller.

But this is only part of the story, Derpi has some rules and policy inconsistency which we were able to refine and improve on Furbi which makes decision making also easier, all that adds to Derpi being a more challenging site to moderate.

Requirements to ever be considered for Staff is just being a hard working user, people who upload content, helps with tagging and sourcing while good history and a footprint in the community are more likely to be considered for an Assistant position.

Usually saying you'll start helping if you're given Assistant role is not a good way to go about it… priority will always be for those who already helps.
Background Pony #87CD
Anybody expected this thread to reach 731 pages?

Also, who's the most manliest guy in here?
The Smiling Pony
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Manually Breathing
@Jaredking203
The first launch was in late December 2011. There were only a few dozen images uploaded before that was wiped and the site started "for real" a few weeks later. Still not quite 10 years, admittedly.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

友情は魔法だ🧚
@Sparx
At a conference with 60 other people and the people running the conference have never used a computer before as far as I can tell. The whole video is shots up their noses as they look at their keyboard and the menu bar on their computer through their bifocals.

The session leader just asked her son to come and help. He looks 16. He took one look at the screen and said something about rebooting the router and kicking everything off the wireless except for the session leader. I think the conference will be saved.
Five, again
Background Pony #87CD
What do you think about this?

Btw, do Staff members secondary accounts (Like Derpy Whooves /Ciaran, etcétera) also have those magic staff powers? Like, if you are casually strolling through a bunch of images you can ban any sucker that's misbehaving?

Also, have a nice day/night! :D
Background Pony #87CD
@Princess Celestia

Aye aye, and how does it feel that you constantly need to log off and login on one or another account? Do you ever had any problems with that or simply was lazy and posted somewhere using your Admin account? No offense

Also, for admins; what are the main differences between Administrators and moderators other than title? Do you guys have more duties or have special tasks that moderators cannot do? Or it's simply a title to indicate more years in service?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~