Ask the mods anything

Speedwings
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Giraffe superiority
@Badheart  
visit online conventions, theres plenty going on and theres lots of things to do there, i highly recommend that instead of hiding in your dark corner being depressing and negative all the time on these forums
Background Pony #843D
Hello everypony, nice to see you all. The Latest My Little Pony “Friendship is Forever” Episode, Harvesting Memories, is now out and i was only wondring, if there should be a banner ontop of the site like the (Downtime The site will be undergoing a short scheduled downtime on May 18 at 12:00 UTC.) telling pepole to be carefull with spoilers and use the spoiler tag?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Sparx  
I hardly ever use it except for helping artists and User Links and things like that for this site, and now I have to freaking open windows to find out if someone replied to a message I sent them.

As far as I’m concerned it’s like a grocery store that moved the only thing I go to the grocery store for to a new wing in the back of the building and they assail me with ads for things I don’t want as I walk all the way to the back of the store to pick up the one thing I went there for, and all the way back to the cashier they’re trying to sell me extended warranties for the single-use item I picked up.

So … I am not a fan.

I mean, not to put too fine a point on it,

but, it’s their website so whatever they think is best for them is probably what they think is best for them, and I can either use it or not.

It DOES mean that artists will have to wait longer for me to reply to them there, though. Basically I’m going to just check it once a week now because fuck that.
Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Derpy Whooves  
Looks like I am the only who like the new layout. And yeah I have to agree that there are a lot of improvements on it. But still though, the thing that really got on my nerves is how a lot of people react with rude and unpleasant comment, some even use name-calling and ad-hominem and others and some even encouraging this behavior. I can’t ask myself why? do they think the DeviantArt developer would listen? Honestly, I won’t be surprise if they basically do nothing unless if it’s effecting their bottom line.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Cyan Lightning  
Oh, no, I must have misspoke. The new layout is great except for the real-estate that is consumed by the header on the top of the page. Looks like Facebook’s “Cover”. But, if you’re an artist trying to advertise your work and you don’t want your own vanity site, that only makes sense I guess.

For me, it’s the functionality that is significantly hurtful now.

As for people using ad-hominem attacks against the developers, or worse, well … you’ve seen what happens on this site when we try to do things to improve the user experience or the overall functionality of the site.

In a lot of ways it’s like a writing group where no one has ever published. Everyone feels like they are contributing to the group by criticizing other people’s work, even when the work is fine and ready to publish.

If you don’t find fault with something, it can feel like you’re not contributing, or not a part of the group. So people get really really REALLY good at finding something to complain about. And sometimes they go so far that they make it really personal … maybe because for them it IS personal - it’s how they “add value” and if no one appreciates their over the top reaction to something then they aren’t being valued as a person or something like that.

Sometimes, things are fine, and you have to just go with it and make the mistake of publishing it and then fixing after or improving the next work.

In this case, my number one use of the site (which was always fraught in the previous version) is now an actual effort. It makes me engage with the site to find information that previously was immediately and intuitively obvious. So instead of just loading the page, looking, moving on if there’s nothing useful, I have to actually wait for all of it to load and then navigate to sub pages to find the only one thing I need to know.

And, like LightningBolt mentioned, instead of seeing the stuff that I thought I had asked for, I’m now seeing endless scrolls of stuff I do not remember asking for and really don’t want to see.

So, for me? Yeah. Not a fan.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Cyan Lightning  
Well, IIRC the dev teams for DeviantArt get paid, and the requirements are specified by teams that supervise them. So they should be well set for zee alcohols and zee who is to blame stuff.
NLTLF
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

NLTLF
@Sparx

I honestly don’t care how good it is, it’s just a little bit frustrating when they make it a mandatory change when they could just as easily support both eclipse and classic. it’s just throwing a good chunk of the userbase under the bus.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@NLTLF  
Supporting both is actually not easy, every feature requires both be supported, and bugs end up unique to one or the other, so it is extra work.

Regardless, it’s a bad UI, they should’ve improved what they had instead of making this phone-bait nonsense full of whitespace and too many changes at once.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@The Smiling Pony  
It’s not like they didn’t already have an APP that works well for MOBILE instead of deciding to bastardize the website for DESKTOP. I don’t get that part the most. Why would desktop need to be mobile friendly when there is already a mobile app.
Jarkes
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…Is it just me or did the tag design suddenly change a bit? The numbers now have a darker gradient than the rest of the tag…
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Jarkes  
That’s an idea! Instead of banning people, we could just add an option to set the site’s font to Comic Sans for problematic users.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide