Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
2010. I was in art school and we’d heard that Lauren Faust was doing something with a PowerPuff style cartoon that looked like it was coming out of Gainax or something. When we found out it was an MLP reboot we laughed and knew it would fail. But the first episode was awesome. When Twilight turned into a Ponyta, and then Nightmare Moon said; “You’re kidding. You’re kidding, right?” I was hooked.

Then they did the Benny Hill yackity sax while doing the hallway gag WITHOUT A HALLWAY and I was hooked for life.

@Background Pony #87CD  
No.

@Background Pony #930C  
Please re-ask that in the Tagging Discussion forum. This thread is for hanging out and having fun, not doing work.

@Ponies And Cuddles  
Those of us who were willing to give you a chance have sincerely tried, but you know how that went. Maybe just be satisfied with hanging out on the site itself, ok?
Background Pony #930C
@Ciaran  
Oh, ok, sorry i am a bit new when it comes to navigating through forums. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ponies And Cuddles  
You are still you, and I don’t want to role play with you. If you want to role play, please use the RP forums.

@Background Pony #930C  
It’s ok, it’s a common mistake. I think on any other site the “Ask the mods anything” thread would be for support questions. But here it’s kind of just a bullshitting hangout where folks can ask staff questions, and staff can shitpost and have fun without worrying about how we are representing the site. To be honest, I don’t think many staff subscribe here, but for those of us who do, we’re usually only here when we’re off duty and just hanging out and enjoying the pone.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ponies And Cuddles  
Creating a new profile and pretending to be someone new, for the purpose of creating a personal relationship with someone else with whom you’ve failed to have successful relationships with in the past, sounds like RP to me. Also potentially stalkerish, although I’m sure that’s not your intention. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you.

But, again, I don’t want to have a relationship with your new ponysonna, because given my experience with you for the past 2 years, I don’t want to pretend that you are a different human being just because you selected a new profile name. I personally believe that change takes more than changing a profile name. Again, sorry if I’ve misunderstood you.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ponies And Cuddles  
Well, to me, since you are asking me to pretend you’re someone I haven’t met, that sounds like role playing. Starting over is different for me, it requires an acknowledgement that we are both who we are and we forgive past mistakes and move on. But pretending that you are a completely different person for me is a form of role playing. But I understand for you it is not. So I guess that’s just something we will have to disagree about.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ponies And Cuddles  
I find it uncomfortable, too, especially because you keep bringing these kinds of (for me) intensely personal things up in public. I don’t have any hard feelings against you, I just am not interested in the kind of friendship that you are asking for.
Background Pony #930C
@Ciaran  
Thank you for your understanding, it means alot to me.

I re-asked the questions in these 2 theards, because i wasn’t sure in what thread i was supposed to ask.  
https://derpibooru.org/forums/tagging/topics/general-topic-for-character-tag-categorization  
https://derpibooru.org/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion

I hope that the questions is soon picked up by the other mods/admins, i am eager to hear the awnser.  
Again thank you so very much for your kindness & understanding.
Background Pony #930C
@Ciaran  
Ah, i understand. Thank you for telling me & for the very quick reply, you are awesome my friend.
Background Pony #930C
@Ciaran  
Oh i almost forgot, when a decision has been made on my question, could you please inform me here?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #930C  
I’m sorry, I probably won’t even know when the decision is made or even what it is. I don’t watch those threads. Please watch the threads you asked in, and check the tags themselves periodically.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide