Ask the mods anything

Krail
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Futt Bucker
Is there a list of badges I can look over somewhere and request for? They’re pretty neat and I might have prerequisites for some.
STARGASER™

Дарова, пацаны, я англичанин, по-русски разговариваю плохо, как видите. Но блять, кароче. Вопрос администратору-французу. Как дела у вас там… В вашем городе? Я не читал историю, но кто там сейчас президент?
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Spitler  
Exactly

The tl;dr is it scores an image as if the current up/downvote trend continued off to infinity. ie. an image with 300up/20down is rated higher than an image with 500up/100down, because if the trend of up/downvote ratio continues, the first image will end up with a higher total score than the second.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Makes me wish we had a different rule for ‘off topic’ from ‘pure and unadulterated spam’, because we get SO MUCH spam some days, and it’s almost always on whatever thread is ‘trending’, so if we delete 2 posts because people start using an image as a personal chat window that still makes the thread ‘trending’ and we sometimes get a dozen ‘BUY THIS NOW’ or ‘HOW TO GET BIG HAPPY’ spam in a row, just because the spammer can see that thread on the first page.

All anyone can see then is a wall of deleted posts, and naturally it seems like some sort of drama must have happened, when it was just some spam bot or someone paid to be a spam bot spewing ads.

And the artist ends up with a wall of red and no idea what the F happened.

Sometimes, if the timing is wrong, it can actually escalate drama, especially in places like Tartarus where it looks like comments were deleted because ‘wrong think’ when the ‘wrong’ was actually that if someone wants to advertise here they should submit an advertising proposal instead of spamming the site.

Maybe we should start marking ‘spam’ more clearly. We kind of lost that ‘Spam/Ham’ button when we moved to Philomena …

/me ponders
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Makes me wish we had a different rule for ‘off topic’ from ‘pure and unadulterated spam’, because we get SO MUCH spam some days, and it’s almost always on whatever thread is ‘trending’, so if we delete 2 posts because people start using an image as a personal chat window that still makes the thread ‘trending’ and we sometimes get a dozen ‘BUY THIS NOW’ or ‘HOW TO GET BIG HAPPY’ spam in a row, just because the spammer can see that thread on the first page.
All anyone can see then is a wall of deleted posts, and naturally it seems like some sort of drama must have happened, when it was just some spam bot or someone paid to be a spam bot spewing ads.
And the artist ends up with a wall of red and no idea what the F happened.
Sometimes, if the timing is wrong, it can actually escalate drama, especially in places like Tartarus where it looks like comments were deleted because ‘wrong thing’ when the ‘wrong’ was actually that if someone wants to advertise here they should submit an advertising proposal instead of spamming the site.
Maybe we should start marking ‘spam’ more clearly. We kind of lost that ‘Spam/Ham’ button when we moved to Philomena …
/me ponders

I second your comment. Sometimes the spam trails get so long and annoying, it can be utterly frustrating.  
Plus, it clogs up either the comment section or forums from what could have been good posts and discussions. Just for the sake of one person not wanting to relent on their needless spam.

Not to blame them too much, but I’ve seen it the most personally with the anonymous background ponies. They’re not all like that, I know - but, some just seem to be hung on getting their relentless mess across instead of being a civil commenter. It’s not that hard to resist spamming, right?

I agree with you. I really wish some way there could be a rule to help combat that bit of site abuse. Cause that’s what they’re really doing. :(

One more thing: I’m sure it happens everywhere, but the naming background ponies thread gets almost overloaded with spam requests sometimes. You can’t even finish one poll before a whole slew of images have been posted over and over, making the naming process that much more long winded and complicated.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
That thread is sometimes a real problem to keep up with, and when it gets spammed a lot then it really does become hard to read.

And, there is one particular anonymous user who posts a lot of demands in that thread, most of which are completely off topic or inappropriate for the thread - when you see them again, please report them and we’ll ban them again if appropriate.

It is an unusual thread in that it’s more of a ‘working thread’, so a lot does happen in there, and it is very much true that when people start spamming it with off topic comments or demands it can get really hard to get work done. I think you’re really right.

I think anything we can do to help the volunteers working that thread is important, so for myself, what I do to try to help is to avoid posting in the thread itself unless really necessary, and focus on making sure I reply to the polls that Mildgyth creates so that she can process them as quickly as possible.
Yoshimon1
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Ciaran  
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
If you’re talking about the anonymous user I think you’re talking about, imo the spam got a bit better recently. (Still may have been a mistake that I showed them how to link images, but…) At least they actually properly post their requests now, and each one only once, instead of asking multiple times for someone to link this green and that blue stallion they found somewhere in a tag.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@moonchosen  
We studied the poem in school, I didn’t know there was a movie called that. Is it based on the poem? Or just named that as a reference?
moonchosen
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Ciaran  
It is based on the poem in exactly the same way that “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” is based on the Arthurian legend. So if you liked that movie you would most likely enjoy this one too, especially as it has some of the same actors.
ChiliBurns

I don’t mean to be rude, but is there a reason derpibooru has been so slow recently, at least for me? ^^” A simple 250 kb image takes like 30 seconds to load. My own internet can’t be at fault, every other site loads images at normal speed.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@ChiliBurns  
There doesn’t seem to be anything in general that would cause that - Might be a transient between you and the site - try a traceroute or check your cloudflare instance.
ApplejackFan204
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
Someone told me to stop spamming Sunset Shimmer. And I told them that it’s not spamming if you’re uploading tons of pics of your favorite character. Is it really spamming?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide