Ask the mods anything

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
How has May been treating you?

What was the most recent game or games are you playing right now?

Give me a number between 0 and 324 plz
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Sparx  
It’s been a mixed bag. Started off hectic, and is now just kinda weird, for better or worse.

Kerbal Space Program is basically the only game I play nowadays :p

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Sparx  
May has been really hard for a ton of weird different reasons. Got my covid vaccination and wow the side effects put me out for almost 3 days, but then a week later I felt better than I have in a whole year. Like, I can remember things again, and stuff tastes again! But then one of my cats got super sick - like, spend the night in the hospital sick - and we’ve been having to help her stand to use the litter box and feeding her by hand, but she is getting better. And I’ve got a garden started which feels great!

So … May’s been hard, but also good :)

My most recent game was “Forge of Empires”. I tried playing it for awhile, maybe 6 weeks now, and had a lot of fun! Got into a nice laid back guild, conquered a bunch of other lands, got all the way into the Medieval ages.

But - wow is that game “Pay To Play”.

They’re having a new “Archaeology Event” and I was playing that for awhile, and got a new “colony” to manage, and then my guild did a quest, and I spent $50 in just one day just “negotiating” with merchants.

Literally everything at some point “costs diamonds”, which are something like 500 for US$10, and when you start doing the guild quests you are paying diamonds every step of the way.

And some of the nicer buildings are only available for diamonds, and some of them cost thousands of diamonds, which is tens of IRL dollars.

So … pfft. Ok, that was fun, but if I want to pay to play guild quests I’ll play WoW.

I mean, I really recommend it just for chill city building fun. But that “free” game is 100% engineered to suck your billfold dry. Now every time I click something in there it reminds me that I’m missing out on some new feature or option that will only cost $20 worth of diamonds, or two or three days worth of city resources, to join in on.

I still go in there periodically to update the city and help my guild friends, but every time I go in there it’s just an endless stream of “If I just paid $4 for this it would be easier” or “If I just paid $20 for that I could save a week of saving city production”, and “for only $9 I could join the guild in this quest”.

And that’s a lot of money for a casual game. I’d rather focus on games on the Play Station.

five
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
Thank you :) It doesn’t feel like that much, but I’ve basically been sick with Covid for a whole year, and all of a sudden I’m just … fine. Like, I feel fine, and it’s really weird, but now I can do what I’ve wanted to do for a whole year.

And, yeah - at first I was thinking $4 here for some upgraded units or $10 there for an expansion slot was nothing, and less than I’d be paying for a similar game on PC or on a platform.

But then I did that guild quest and it was … I think this is right … $25 to complete because every click of a button “cost diamonds” or required materials that my town can’t make yet (or maybe ever). And that was ONE QUEST. And now the guild is asking if I’ll help with another one just a couple days later.

And all those upgraded units are dead, and replacing them, you guessed it, is $1 more than it was last time.

Hilariously, as I’ve stopped playing it, each day the IRL cost of diamonds has dropped. I think the game noticed I stopped feeding it literal IRL dollar bills, and wants me back.

It hungers.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬
Thank you :) It doesn’t feel like that much, but I’ve basically been sick with Covid for a whole year, and all of a sudden I’m just … fine. Like, I feel fine, and it’s really weird, but now I can do what I’ve wanted to do for a whole year.
And, yeah - at first I was thinking $4 here for some upgraded units or $10 there for an expansion slot was nothing, and less than I’d be paying for a similar game on PC or on a platform.
But then I did that guild quest and it was … I think this is right … $25 to complete because every click of a button “cost diamonds” or required materials that my town can’t make yet (or maybe ever). And that was ONE QUEST. And now the guild is asking if I’ll help with another one just a couple days later.
And all those upgraded units are dead, and replacing them, you guessed it, is $1 more than it was last time.
Hilariously, as I’ve stopped playing it, each day the IRL cost of diamonds has dropped. I think the game noticed I stopped feeding it literal IRL dollar bills, and wants me back.
It hungers.

I did not realize that, I’m glad your feeling better :3

%that last part about the game though ^ u ^ %
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Would any of you guys be interested in hosting a burger-themed art event for National Burger Day in August?

A couple weeks ago, FliegerFaustToP47 posted a very fun idea about Derpibooru creating a burger badge in our April Fools 2021 thread:  
@FliegerFaustToP47  
And no burgerbadge? You guys are cruel, look how Twilight’s is for a burger rn.
And are you going to deny that to her? Let’s just give her the burgerbadge and some Number 9 Large, Two Number 45s and perhaps a large soda.

phoenixacezero and I both agreed that would be a great badge to have, and I found out from him that August 26 will be this year’s National Burger Day. :D

I just wanted to see if y’all are interested. I think there’s a fair amount of people who would heartily participate in such a fun event. :)

I guess the only question would be which type of burger to badge - either a standard burger or the hayburger. (I would personally love to do either just the first, or both. :3)

Let me know what you think, guys! I think it’s a good art opportunity. c:
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Count Adramélekh Sear  
That’s the part I can’t figure out. It’s one tag, but it behaves like two. I’ll get it fixed. Might be weird for a little bit, but I have some ideas to get it normal again.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide