Ask the mods anything

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ciaran
I like how Percy Jackson is a dyslexic 12 year old kid who is sarcastic and gives funny remarks. (More to the audience since the book is written in a first person view), but also being very kind and caring to others even if his life really sucks.
It’s a Young Adult novel from 2005 similar to Harry Potter, but instead of being wizards at a school, it’s about these modern kids being the demigods, the children of a mortal and one of the Greek deities like Zeus. And instead of Hogwarts, you have Camp Half Blood.
I love how it goes into Greek myths. And I’ve heard it’s a bit more accuarate then a lot of other stories about this genre, especially since the author was a teacher who taught myths. Although I still wouldn’t want to put my money on it being completly accurate.
I guess you could call it Harry Potter but with Greek myths. But it’s a little more about combat. Percy will literally destroy the creatures coming after him with his sword. And basically he has to travel from NYC to Los Angeles to save his mother from Tartarus and recover Zeus thunderbolt.
TLDR: It’s like Harry Potter but more physical action, more roadtrip, a bit more snarky and edgy. And I guess it has a more modern and cool feel to it.
I haven’t read the four other books yet, but I do enjoy Perxy Jackson. Hopefully I can read Harry Potter as well.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Have you ever been to an MLP convention and if so, which one(s)?
A few, but my favorite of all time was MLP-MSP. Small, intimate, and the home town of M.A. Larson. It was on the release date of the 100th episode so we got a Panda-By-Panda breakdown of the fun and or hell the episode was to create from the author himself.
Also he was selling signed copies of his Pennyroyal Academy.
MLP-MSP: The MLP convention so Minnesnowta Nice they did it twice.
Also apropos:
PS: Because it was mostly attended by the local SciFi crowd, it felt a lot more mature than most MLP conventions, which made it a whole different kind of fun.
They never did get the cake out of the carpet. In the end they just had to give up and demolish the hotel.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Japanese does have a Latin script. It’s called Romaji.
If you think English is acquisitive, you haven’t seen nothing. Japanese eats every other language it ever encounters.
The only difference is that it keeps track of where words come from. In English, for example, you don’t have to remember that Coffee is a loan word in order to be able to spell it right.
I don’t use Japanese much any more, but I used to use it almost daily, and lived and worked in Tokyo on and off for almost 10 years.
I still test Japanese operating systems and apps, though, and sometimes help with translations, like here, so I guess I still use it sometimes.
@saby
I’m almost the opposite. I can say things I would never be able to read.
@TheGamerPainter
I love the idea, but what are you talking about? Is that a thing?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide