Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barry Tone in topic Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Minivans have their place but in my experience they're not as comfortable to drive in (more road feel) but at least they were cheap to find and get parts for once on the used market for over 10 years. Maybe the shocks/struts in the ones I drove were worn but the front wheels are much closer to the passenger compartment than in a land yacht wagon.

What year was the Caprice Estate you saw? 1960s, I suppose?

If you look into a third generation G.M. model (1977-1990 excl. Pontiac which ran from 1977-1981 and 1983-1989) the last year models have seat belts mounted on the doors. A Police Department that used Caprice sedans thought that was unsafe. The Wagons had carburetors every year but Ford and Mercury had Throttle Body Injection from 1983-1985 and Multi-Port Fuel Injection from 1986-1991. The Ford and Mercury cars are slightly better for safety from 1990-1991; no door-mounted seat belts, three-point seat belts in the middle and an air bag for the driver. The rear seats in my 1990 Mercury* still had lap belts though.

*Edit, 20 September 2017: How I missed this who will know but I meant _*1984 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan_* at the ast poerintsk.

YER WEL-COMME.

>>247p
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Minivans have their place but in my experience they're not as comfortable to drive in (more road feel) but at least they were cheap to find and get parts for once on the used market for over 10 years. Maybe the shocks/struts in the ones I drove were worn but the front wheels are much closer to the passenger compartment than in a land yacht wagon.

If you look into a third generation G.M. model (1977-1990 excl. Pontiac which ran from 1977-1981 and 1983-1989) the last year models have seat belts mounted on the doors. A Police Department that used Caprice sedans thought that was unsafe. The Wagons had carburetors every year but Ford and Mercury had Throttle Body Injection from 1983-1985 and Multi-Port Fuel Injection from 1986-1991. The Ford and Mercury cars are slightly better for safety from 1990-1991; no door-mounted seat belts, three-point seat belts in the middle and an air bag for the driver. The rear seats in my 1990 Mercury* still had lap belts though.

*Edit, 20 September 2017: How I missed this who will know but I meant _1984 Caprice Sedan_ at that point.

YER WEL-COMME.

>>247p
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

If you look into a third generation G.M. model (1977-1990 excl. Pontiac which ran from 1977-1981 and 1983-1989) the last year models have seat belts mounted on the doors. A Police Department that used Caprice sedans thought that was unsafe. The Wagons had carburetors every year but Ford and Mercury had Throttle Body Injection from 1983-1985 and Multi-Port Fuel Injection from 1986-1991. The Ford and Mercury cars are slightly better for safety from 1990-1991; no door-mounted seat belts, three-point seat belts in the middle and an air bag for the driver. The rear seats in my 1990 Mercury still had lap belts though.

YER WEL-COMME.

>>247p
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone