Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barry Tone in topic Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
"[@RainbowDash69":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2730906#post_2730906

)

Yeah, the Insight can get over 80 HWY when modified enough and with enough things going right with it. 100 wouldn't sound out of sight but that's with a lot of engine off coasting which is illegal in some places and requires a lot of paying crucial attention to the environment around.

There are a few easy mods to make MPGs increase. Depending on the state of your Olds' engine maybe you could switch oil E.G. if you're using a 10w30 use the same brand's 5w30 but this is a change in the first number, not the second. It'll most likely still protect the engine as well when hot although you could check the data sheets between the two online to compare; those get more details. If you were using STP Oil Treatment or Lucas'... Engine Treatment stop using it at oil change time, they thicken oil and twhat's tiche opposwitell lof whater you wantMPG. I changed the oil in a 3.3 Caravan that had 10w30 with STP (15w40 equivalent, I read; horrible for winter) to Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 for short trip winter driving and the MPGs went from 10.x-11.x to 13.x, no kidding. The battery was getting weak too and it allowed the van to crank over easier. Then again 0w20 isn't recommended in summer or for all vehicles that require an xw30 maybe except in winter, I haven't read all manuals.

I'm familiar with Saabkyle04 but not that Buick. I knew some Caprice models from the late 80s had what may be the same touchscreen computer you're talking about but I didn't know what they looked like, thanks.

Thanks but most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have literally a couple of older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") and the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan which was my other grandfather's. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
"@RainbowDash69":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2730906#post_2730906

Yeah, the Insight can get over 80 HWY when modified enough and with enough things going right with it. 100 wouldn't sound out of sight but that's with a lot of engine off coasting which is illegal in some places and requires a lot of paying crucial attention to the environment around.

There are a few easy mods to make MPGs increase. Depending on the state of your Olds' engine maybe you could switch oil E.G. if you're using a 10w30 use the same brand's 5w30 but this is a change in the first number, not the second. It'll most likely still protect the engine as well when hot. Everyalthinough abyou could check the data sheets between the two online to compare; those get more details. If you were using MSTPG Oil Treat thment or Lucas'... Engine Treatment stop using it at oil change timed, athey thickend/or oil and that's the opposite of whamt you want. I changed the oil in a 3.3 Caravan that had 10w30 with STP (15w40 equivalent, I read; honmrrible for winter) to Pennzoisl Plabotinum 0w20 for short trip winter ducriving and thoe MPGs went fromuch y10.x-11.x tou 13.x, neeo kidding. Then again 0w20 isn't recommended puin summer or for all vehicles that require an xw30 maybe exccelpt in winter, I haven'to read all manuals.

I'm familiar with Saabkyle04 but not that Buick. I knew some Caprice models from the late 80s had what may be the same touchscreen computer you're talking about but I didn't know what they looked like, thanks.

Thanks but most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have literally a couple of older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") and the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan which was my other grandfather's. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

There are a few easy mods to make MPGs increase. Depending on the state of your Olds' engine maybe you could switch oil E.G. if you're using a 10w30 use the same brand's 5w30 but this is a change in the first number, not the second. It'll still protect the engine when hot. Everything about increasing MPG at the same speed and/or in the same environment is about reducing how much you need to push the accelerator.

I'm
familiar with Saabkyle04 but not that Buick. I knew some Caprice models from the late 80s had what may be the same touchscreen computer you're talking about but I didn't know what they looked like, thanks.

MThanks but most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have literally a couple of older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") and the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan which was my other grandfather's. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

Most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have literally a couple of older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") butand the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan which was my other grandfather's. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

Most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have a couple older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") but the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan which was my other grandfather's. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.

Most of the cars I posted photos of aren't my own cars, I just found them on the internet. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :p I do have a couple older cars to work with (if going pre-1995 is "older") but the oldest is a 1984 Caprice 4-Door Sedan. I'm not counting the trucks as the titles haven't been transferred.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone