Viewing last 25 versions of post by Barry Tone in topic Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
"[@kleptomage":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2748293#post_2748293

)

Oh. Thanks.

No, I didn't hear of that. Dunno what to say about the CTS.

"

[
@RainbowDash69":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749524#post_2749524

)

I don't see a point in having a touch screen like that in a car. I can understand dash cams and rear cams but not that, I already have an iPod and cassette adapter for my music. Still, If it works for whoever likes it that's just fine.

A memory feature in a power seat sounds awesome really.

"

[
@Flying Pancake":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749534#post_2749534

)

Kinda nifty little feature if it's to save space or is a novelty, dunno what else to say.

"

[
@kleptomage":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749567#post_2749567

)

Considering my 1984 Caprice still has a working HVAC unit and radio, sure. I don't want to cycle through air conditioning to put on my radio or whatever might happen but who would make it like that? Then again I just lost $2 to the car wash dollar-coin exchanger when it ran out of quarters and didn't give me a refund in bills, saying "Please use other machine." At least they have a bay that gives $6 worth of time out of a $5 bill.

"

[
@Flying Pancake":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749687#post_2749687

)

Surely we people could adapt to that but yeah, what's the point in it being that complicated...

?

"

[
@RainbowDash69":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749842#post_2749842

)

I never looked into Saabs much except the 1960s 2-cycle one my Dad told me about that a coworker of his had.

![full](http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1967_SAAB_96_For_Sale_Side_1_resize.jpg!

"
)

[
@RainbowDash69":](/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749845#post_2749845

)

Sometimes I'm thinking cars are just plain getting _*weird_* in some aspects. A touch screen could be fine but at the same time I've functioned without it. I am however a bit old fashioned in the 1950s-1980s "Order your new car just the way you want it" way and not in the "Bwabwabwabwabwa buy our package" thing. That's to cut costs in manufacturing, isn't it? I know cars in the 1970s sometimes came in pretty weird color combinations (blue interior/avocado green exterior, etc) but at the same time if I want power windows but no power seat what do I have to do, swap it out with someone who does have themanual seats? I haven't looked into this so I may be awfully misinformed, I don't see myself buying a new car soon. Those cars I do have are fine as it is.
Reason: changed "them" to "manual seats".
Edited by Barry Tone
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
"@kleptomage":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2748293#post_2748293

Oh. Thanks.

No, I didn't hear of that. Dunno what to say about the CTS.

"@RainbowDash69":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749524#post_2749524

I don't see a point in having a touch screen like that in a car. I can understand dash cams and rear cams but not that, I already have an iPod and cassette adapter for my music. Still, If it works for whoever likes it that's just fine.

A memory feature in a power seat sounds awesome really.

"@Flying Pancake":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749534#post_2749534

Kinda nifty little feature if it's to save space or is a novelty, dunno what else to say.

"@kleptomage":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749567#post_2749567

Considering my 1984 Caprice still has a working HVAC unit and radio, sure. I don't want to cycle through air conditioning to put on my radio or whatever might happen but who would make it like that? Then again I just lost $2 to the car wash dollar-coin exchanger when it ran out of quarters and didn't give me a refund in bills, saying "Please use other machine." At least they have a bay that gives $6 worth of time out of a $5 bill.

"@Flying Pancake":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749687#post_2749687

Surely we people could adapt to that but yeah, what's the point in it being that complicated...

?

"@RainbowDash69":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749842#post_2749842

I never looked into Saabs much except the 1960s 2-cycle one my Dad told me about that a coworker of his had.

!http://13252-presscdn-0-94.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1967_SAAB_96_For_Sale_Side_1_resize.jpg!

"@RainbowDash69":/dis/automotive-enthusiasts/post/2749845#post_2749845

Sometimes I'm thinking cars are just plain getting _weird_ in some aspects. A touch screen could be fine but at the same time I've functioned without it. I am however a bit old fashioned in the 1950s-1980s "Order your new car just the way you want it" way and not in the "Bwabwabwabwabwa buy our package" thing. That's to cut costs in manufacturing, isn't it? I know cars in the 1970s sometimes came in pretty weird color combinations (blue interior/avocado green exterior, etc) but at the same time if I want power windows but no power seat what do I have to do, swap it out with someone who does have them? I haven't looked into this so I may be awfully misinformed, I don't see myself buying a new car soon. Those cars I do have are fine as it is.
No reason given
Edited by Barry Tone