Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@BarryFromMars  
I didn’t know the average car couldn’t handle water only half the wheel’s height. It makes the Hyundai Santa Fe I rented look good. I drove the Santa Fe through about 10” of water. Normally I’d never do that but the streets were flooded after a hurricane and there was no other way to where I was going.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@kleptomage

It seems as if they put the air intake that stinking low for “fuel economy benefits” which probably only mean anything to the manufacturers and government in massive quantities of cars sold, not as a large benefit individual owners. I appreciate fuel economy gains but not at the expense of potentially ruining the engine. It wasn’t always like this; my 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon for example has the air intake box (the lowest part of the air intake system) at least 2 feet above the ground.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@Dashie27  
Oh, okay, that makes more sense. I’d have been impressed if an unmodified Beetle was able to push itself through water.

@BarryFromMars  
For some even more dramatic comparison, skip to 3:54. No way could you pull that off in a modern compact.

Since we’re on the subject, I wonder how hard it would be to re-route a car’s air intake? I guess it’d probably be a bit overkill to put a full-on snorkel on a normal car, but I’d take that over hydrolocking the engine from a puddle. (And I usually like the rally car/Mad Max look anyways.)
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pomegranates :P
This is one nice looking classic Mustang I spotted parked outside the bank.  
full

There was another car that caught my eye in the background.  
I’m not quite sure what this one is supposed to be. It looked old and so small!  
full
Scrubbed user
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@SeraphimDawn

The only reason I would buy a BRZ over the 86 is that on the Subaru, I can put a SUBARU IMPOSSIBRU sticker on it.

I wish Nissan would make an S16 Silvia to compete with it, those old S13 drift missiles aren’t gonna be around forever.

EDIT: that little car is a Nissan Figaro.
Flying Pancake
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@SeraphimDawn  
That second car is a Nissan Figaro. (Thank you, search-by-image!) According to Wikipedia, they were only made in 1991 and originally sold exclusively in Japan. There were 20,000 total built, but that’s got to be an incredibly rare bird on this side of the Pacific.

@race’emhard  
That’s kind of funny- I’m almost the exact opposite. All other things being equal, I’d go BRZ (I like its front end better), unless I decided to spoof the Initial D car.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Flying Pancake

I’m a little surprised the Corvair could handle that, then again the engine’s not under the floor in that model like it was in some VWs or the Corvair Wagon.

I’m not the best person to ask what’s involved in air intake rerouting, I just know the engine compartments are all different from each other and I guess there’s no one size fits all answer. Still, it wasn’t long ago when engine bays looked like this:

1984 Caprice with a 305 (Air intake is on the top of the engine in the circular air filter container:)

full

1990 Grand Marquis with a 302 (Air intake goes to the side, down to a filter box then up and in front of the radiator on the right:)

full
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Flying Pancake  
I had a feeling it was imported.  
There is a ton of imported cars in Vancouver.

Summer time is when you see a lot of vintage exotic and American cars being driven on roads.

I also saw one of these yesterday.  
full  
1970 BMW 2002

Holy crap! It’s so low and small!  
Those old European cars were something.

Another day I saw a 1980s Leyland.  
full

A 1978 Mustang Hatch  
full
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

>The Figaro was equipped with leather seats, air conditioning, CD player and a fixed-profile slide-back open roof.

So Nissan was retro-styling in the 90s. Interesting. For a uber small car, it came equipped with a lot!

>8000 were originally available with an additional 12,000 added to production numbers to meet demand. Prospective purchasers entered a lottery to purchase a Figaro. Limited edition cars came with passenger side baskets and cup holders.

Wow!  
No wonder they are rare and almost unknown.
Flying Pancake

@kleptomage  
Yeah, Nissan’s duller than dirt right now. Too bad they don’t have any way to make a solid sports/enthusiast car that would have enough mass-market appeal for them to pay attention to it…  
full  
Oh. Right.
Toyminator900
Total knockout - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sitе Mexican
So I played NFS Carbon before I played Most wanted.

In Carbon I started with the RX-8 which is a Tier 1 car, later in the game a Supra is introduced and is a Tier 3 car.

Now that I’m playing MW, the RX-8 can keep up with my Supra.

I guess it’s good ol’ NFS Rubber banding.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide