Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

full

Thoughts on the Tesla 3’s interior? Personally, I hate it and I think it’s laughable that a long range battery pack which only adds about 70 miles is a $9,000 option on what is supposed to be Tesla’s most affordable car.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
That interior looks awful, and more importantly the user interface is just amazingly poorly thought out. (Long-winded rant to follow, but TL;DR: it’s awkward, distracting, and I hope someone declares it illegal.)

First off, where’s the speedometer? I’m assuming it’s going to be displayed at the top left of the screen, but why put it that far out of the line of sight of the driver? And I’m willing to bet that it’ll be numeric instead of a gauge; we tried that in the ‘80s and ‘90s, and it was a bad idea because it takes more time and focus (that should otherwise be on the road) to read a number than to glance at a gauge.

Then, why are the instruments that are visible so tiny? That range/charge meter is miniscule, and the clock isn’t any better, especially considering it’s as far away from the driver as it can be. Information that’s that critical or commonly used should be way more visible than that.

Oh, but the nav screen is massive. Why, exactly? Your really shouldn’t be looking closely at that, and turn-by-turn should be primarily audio, so what’s the point?

But the really insane part is how you interact with the controls. See how there’s no visible vents like in a normal car? Here’s how you aim the airflow. In any other car, you just reach over and adjust the vent with your eyes on the road. But because Tesla is from THE FUTURE!!!, you have to navigate through menus while looking directly at them, since of course a touchscreen gives no tactile feedback. Oh, and this is the car with the glass roof, so good luck reading anything on-screen when the Sun’s behind or above you.

I assume that every other control will require a similar level of attention, too, so Tesla has essentially made every part of their UI a variation on texting and driving. How is that even legal? Can DOT or NHTSA or somebody take a look at this? The kind of interactions this requires is going to turn the Model 3 into a massive road hazard.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Flying Pancake  
I can’t even see any instruments on the display when I should be able to from the vantage point of the camera. The left 1/3 is a top down picture of the car, which is pointless unless it’s one of those 360 camera systems, which it’s not, and the right 2/3 is the navigation. I’ve never seen the point of having navigation in a car when it’s always an expensive option and a phone with google maps works well enough on the rare occasions when I get lost.

You’re absolutely right about the display being a driving hazard. There is a very good and simple reason why car gauges have been behind the steering wheel for decades: it helps keep your eyes on the road.

Also, having everything on the touchscreen means that if the touchscreen breaks the whole car is basically inoperable, whereas you can still drive a normal car if the center touchscreen breaks.

If the Tesla Model 3 is the future of car interior design, I want no part of it.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
Agreed. I honestly kind of wonder if Tesla has any human factors guys working there at all. You’d think that if they did, there’d be at least some thought towards basic automotive ergonomics, instead of this bizarre total focus on appearance and/or cost savings.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@SeraphimDawn

Where could we go aside from paying good attention? Water’s good to drink but you can drown in it; knives are good for cutting food and they’re capable of cutting people.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Agent Luna

I’m vastly clueless about many newer cars. Which year and model is yours?

@SeraphimDawn

It doesn’t have to be a Mercedes to be costly; my Suburban cost over $3,000 in repairs after I bought it. I’m mostly done now but what a humbling experience when the transmission rear gearing blew it followed by one repair after the other up to a point; now all I need is to replace the quarter panel and then it should be great for a while.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide