Automotive enthusiasts?

FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@kleptomage  
Honestly that doesn’t make much sense.

Unfortunately most hybrids barely have any regenerative braking, which is the only benefit you could possibly get in mileage from that kind of vehicle.

Highway mileage would barely change, since your limiting factor is probably aerodynamics.

Hybrids are good when you want a large power range but need little sustained power for cruising. Second is rarely the case on a truck based SUV.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
I know someone with a Ford Fusion hybrid with regenerative braking who gets about 40 mpg. Obviously a Fusion is lighter and more aerodynamic than something like an Expedition, but I don’t see why a big hybrid SUV couldn’t be more efficient than a big ICE SUV provided the battery is large enough. If MPG could just get around 30 that would be huge.

The Lincoln Aviator coming out later this summer will also be offered as a plug-in hybrid which, if the impressive horsepower and torque figures (450 and 600!) are anything to go by, will not be a penalty box like most hybrids. I’ll be keeping an eye on that one.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@kleptomage

full

You might want to look at the astronomical numbers this heavily modified 94 Caprice without hybrid batteries gets. It still has the 5.7 V8 (good low end torque) and the owner does lots of engine off coasting. Low gear ratio, manual trans swap, aero mods, engine shutoff switch for easy engine off coasting etc. Car’s still 4400 lbs.

With that said, I know it’s a huge outlier. Not everyone’s good just going in a straight line or braking in time, let alone engine off coasting.
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@mjangelvortex  
Just found out the name of one of the shows. One of them was Fast N’ Loud. I’m still stumped on the name of the other one but it wasn’t Wheeler Deelers. Maybe if I check the guide, I can find it.

Speaking of car-related shows. Has anyone here watched Top Gear on BBC? It’s another good show.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@mjangelvortex  
I think BBC cancelled the original series and started a new one after firing Jeremy Clarkson for…well, being Jeremy Clarkson.

There was also an American version that was on the History Channel, but a lot of the old school fans didn’t like it and it was cancelled in 2016.
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@zerowinger66  
I never even knew about the American version of the show until now. But yeah, given all the terrible things Jeremy Clarson has done, I can definitely understand why they got rid of him for someone else.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@ExtreVile  
Probably just as bad as the Trabant - the whole of the Eastern Bloc wasn’t particularly good at making decent consumer goods. Rockets, tanks, or small arms like the AK-47, sure. But stuff the everyday person could use, more than likely not up anywhere near to par on what you could get in Western countries.

@kleptomage  
Well, Clarkson I think already had a reputation for being an asshole, and not being particularly politically correct. But him allegedly getting into a physical altercation or abusing production staff was the final straw. Though frankly, in a sane world, abusing or fighting with show staff would be the one and only straw that gets someone in a position like Clarkson’s fired.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@kleptomage  
At least the Toyota Tacoma is tried and true in its reliability, especially when you compare it to the likes of the Chevy Colorado and Nissan Frontier.

Speaking of the Frontier.  
full  
It looks the same since they adopted this design last freakin’ decade. Even the Titan looks far more modern!  
full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide