Automotive enthusiasts?

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

1.) Bugatti Chiron — 490.47 km/h (304.77 mph)  
2.) Koenigsegg Agera RS — 457 km/h (284 mph)  
3.) Hennessey Venom GT — 435.31 km/h (270.49 mph)  
4.) Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport — 431.072 km/h (267.856 mph)  
5.) SSC Ultimate Aero — 412.28 km/h (256.18 mph)  
6.) Bugatti Veyron 16.4 — 408.47 km/h (253.81 mph)  
7.) Koenigsegg CCR — 387.866 km/h (241.009 mph)  
8.) McLaren F1 — 355 km/h (221 mph)
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
I don’t know much about biodiesel, but if we could convert the methane from agricultural waste into fuel I think that would be better than having it in the atmosphere.

Ethanol gasoline is a mistake. It was implemented in the US to subsidize farmers producing more corn than they could sell. I strongly disagree with shielding businesses from the effects of their bad decisions. It’s like that trade dispute we had with Canada a year or two ago when dairy farmers produced more milk than Canada wanted to buy and then people got angry with Canada because lower demand for milk hurt American jobs. I shake my head at the stupidity of it.

An alternative fuel I think is very promising is synthetic gasoline made of hydrogen and CO2 extracted from the atmosphere. The technology now exists to make this carbon-neutral fuel that is compatible with current engines. This is what we should be funding instead of electric transportation.
kleptomage
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Lord Goku  
There is also the problem of electric cars being no better than their power source. My area is served by a power plant burning coal by the trainload. It’s relatively clean coal but it’s still a polluting fossil fuel. I don’t see how that’s better than burning gasoline.
deactivated3b5307
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@kleptomage  
The exact reason why I am still hesitant to accept an EV future.

(Correct me if I’m wrong) Power plants pollute more than internal combustion vehicles.

Even if all forms of motorized transport become 100% electric, all those power plants have to be kicked into overdrive to charge all those billions of vehicles. That means, ironically, an all electric future for cars will actually worsen air contamination.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@FerrariRacerF430  
Various studies show that even with our current power grids which heavily rely on fossil fuels, electric cars overall pollute less than a typical gasoline vehicle, mainly because the thermal efficiency of power plants is much higher than of the average combustion engine. Grid and charging losses included (Some exceptions apply with carbon power plants where when combined with grid losses would make it worse).

However this doesn’t mean that electric is a great solution yet. As you say, to charge all those cars, probably overnight, you can’t even use solar power.

Unless we finally realize nuclear power has been proven safe, clean and reliable, we will never have a clean power grid. 4th gen reactors have the potential to reduce nuclear waste 100fold, they just need more funding.

The Hyundai Ioniq has been my favorite electric car in the market for the simple reason that it has the highest efficiency of any EV on the market (and by a lot). They managed to get a decent range with just a 28kWh battery. Meaning that this car uses less resources for production and has the lowest overall emissions during operation. Still the range is a bit low, next year’s model is expected to have a 38kWh battery, which shouldn’t add much significant weight.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
So, my Subaru still isn’t fixed. We thought it was the CV Axles, which was one of the problems. But now theirs a God awful grinding sound coming from the front transfer case, and it moves in park. If the transfer case is shot its a whole new transmission because they’re the same unit.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@05Outback  
It’ll probably do 300 mph faster than what Chiron did but can it surpass their 304.7 record?

Also, America’s Venom F5 and the SSC Tuatara are still yet for full production soon and they’ll do what they’ve promised to achieve.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide