Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@i-shooped-a-pwny

I suggest you put Amsoil Transmission Fluid in it, next time. I’ve had experience with it, but not in hard driving. It still smelled new to me 3 years later, with about 20k miles on it. There was no discoloration or anything. However, that was all on light driving, with the fluid well within a good changing range. I only changed it out of ignorance that it was still good, and since the new ATF was paid for.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
Quite impressive combined FE for the 2022 Ford Maverick, 40MPG EPA.  
Quite impresive price too, starts at 20K.

I’ve been waiting for the time when hybrids got cheap. Electric motors should be super easy to mass produce and combine with a basic gas engine once all technical aspects have been mastered.

Quite lame that the tow package for barely 4000lbs requires you to put the 2.0 ecoboost on it though. If the hybrid is anything like the Escape, it would barely be rated to tow 1600…

If anyone is wondering it’s a fwd setup (AWD optional though).  
Probably the most similar contemporary truck would be the Honda Ridgeline.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
True. Best option for the majority of hauling jobs.

Ridgeline is much better for towing at 5000 lb. They are more matched in payload though. Santa Cruz is much better anyway with the same 5000 lb towing Comparison too

If they do Santa Cruz hybrid, it would he interesting
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@i-shooped-a-pwny  
Someone tried to make me an offer on a gmc general but the engine and the trans were both completely gone. I could’ve gotten those replaced but I don’t have a spare trans at the moment and the only engine I have available that I could put in is a caterpillar 3408 that I want to save
i-shooped-a-pwny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Edible but not food
@kleptomage  
It’s going to be great when the snow comes, I live in Canaderp and it came with a snow plow when I bought it.

I have 2 more vintage tractors to get mobile, a 1940 Ford 9N and a restored 1942 Ford 2N that I got as a massive pile of parts and have been putting back together.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
Someone just offered me a truck that I’ve never seen before that’s missing it’s rear end and has a bad trans, but he said it fires right up and makes 700HP after her put aftermarket parts in it and wants 25K. Should I take the deal?
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
2022 Subaru WRX. Looks best in this color. It’s a Honda Civic/Jetta mixed with the new BRZ.

full  
full

@ACApenetrator50  
That’s an insane amount of money. I assume it’s a big rig. If you like rebuilding transmissions, then do it. Rear diff for big rigs can be quite expensive too….
i-shooped-a-pwny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Edible but not food
Someone just offered me a truck that I’ve never seen before that’s missing it’s rear end and has a bad trans, but he said it fires right up and makes 700HP after her put aftermarket parts in it and wants 25K. Should I take the deal?

What is it?
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
@i-shooped-a-pwny  
It’s a caterpillar D400 mining truck. The rear was taken off but the guy that’s offering me it said he can source another rear so I can drive it around since it’s an articulated truck as well.

This is what it would look like if it was fully complete

full
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
@RainbowDash69  
I’ve got a low boy trailer I can hook up to my kenworth and it’s only the front end that was offered. I’m gonna make a second trip to go back and get the tires. Thankfully the dudes real chill so he should be able to help me get it on the trailer and tie it down.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Has anyone else here tried Amsoil’s Upper Cylinder Lubricant (UCL?)

I’ve used it once in my 05 Explorer, and it appeared to raise the MPG by 0.7 in that 4.0 Engine. Your mileage may vary. (My gas tank’s 22.5 gallons.)

At $5.25ish a bottle (street price,) it doesn’t pay for itself. Even at the 25% discount, and bought at bulk in a case of 12, it comes out to $3.86 per bottle, it still doesn’t pay for itself with just a 0.7 MPG increase (unless you live in California, I guess) unless your MPGs are in the single digits, or are in the 10 - 16 range. But, this additive does quiet the engine (speaking from experience,) and it’s supposed to cleans the injectors a bit while it lubricates the valves and piston ring a little.

I just put a bottle in the 01 Impala, and Mother said she noticed that the engine is quieter. It’s too soon to tell how much of an increase it would make in that car, I just re-filled it. Its tank is 17 gallons, though, so the dosage of 6 ounces per tank is more potent.

I’m planning on buying a case or two for the Explorer. Not that it’ll pay for itself, but I’m making different MPG mods that will help pay for this expense. More about that in the next reply.

Link.

full
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
2005 Explorer, 4.0 Engine, MPG Mods:

The EPA rated this car at 15 MPG combined.

Since I’ve bought this car, originally, I was getting LOW mileage of about 14. That was just too bad, so I started simply. I bumped Tire PSI from 30ish to 40, and I put 1 bottle of Amsoil Performance Improver in, and revved it at 70 - 75 on the highway with the overdrive off. That blew out the cobwebs alright, and the increase stayed.

I eventually changed oil to Amsoil Signature Series 10w30, which doesn’t seem to have had much of an effect (if any) on mileage. It does, however, allow me to make other mods since the oil can take abuse. I also changed the oversized tires to the stock size, and that increased the MPGs by 1 MPG.

As for more actual MPG mods here, I’ve done these:

Aerodynamic Improvement:

Roof Rack Removal (Bolts are still in, and they’re covered with Clear Exterior Window Caulk.)

Weight Removal:

3rd Row Seat

Heat Improvements:

75% Grille Block - Car warms up a little quicker, and runs a little hotter. This also probably helps aerodynamics a little bit. No matter what, though, it’s not good for a huge increase. It’s just another little thing that helps matters.

Warm Air Intake - Also not a huge increase, but it’s something. I expect about 1/10th of a gallon increase for every 1,000 miles. I blocked the stock cold air intake, and routed air ducting to the exhaust manifold, near the oil filter.

Part of why I routed the ducting to the oil filter is, the oil filter gets way too hot. I put some exhaust wrap on the manifold there, since the gasket keeps getting stuck to the engine.

Mind, I’m using Amsoil Signature Series 10w30 and a FRAM Titanium Filter, so this will help work against any extra wear I’d be doing against the engine for making these higher heat modifications. Besides, I’m considering putting Amsoil’s “Dominator” Coolant Additive in, which will cool the engine down a bit and make it heat up faster.

I also have a 600w Block heater on the way. Winter is coming.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide