Automotive enthusiasts?

Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Black specks in transmission fluid? Well, that’s not good. How does the ATF smell?
TBH, I think your ATF should have been changed about 12 years ago, if this is what you’re now seeing.
Also, my 2005 Explorer’s still puttering along. I just lost use of reverse, 1st, and 2nd. I’ve driven it maybe 900 - 1,000 miles since it went.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone
Smells like grease or oil. But it has a red hue still.
I can’t imagine how I would do anything without reverse. Perhaps ask a friend to push me backwards in neutral then? lol
The car had the fluid changed probably 8,000 miles or so ago. But it was never changed before that and we had shifting problems but it was resolved after the fluid flush. I’m thinking we should avoid flush and ask for just a fluid change, since a flush might make it worse (just from what I remember on a ChrisFix video) since it’s slow to shift once again
Background Pony #9699
@RainbowDash69
Nice. Allante could work for a coupe, where as Fleetwood could work for a sedan and wagon.
On a related note, What if Cadillac sold the Astra K? What would the name be?
ToyotaLC80

Amerikaner
Hey everyone, I’m new here and I just discovered the forums tab. Knew there would be an automotive chat lol
Anyways, I am a certifed Toyota Technician, and have all beginner ASE certifications (planning to get Professional certs next year, and hopefully Master after that)
I own a Subaru outback, and a 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300D that I’m currently restoring. (Will post pictures soon)
Today I just finished a torque converter replacement on a 2018 Highlander, wasn’t that much of a mystery as I’ve removed the same transmissions twice before on different cars
ToyotaLC80

Amerikaner
I bought her back in august for $1,200, but there’s a reason she was cheap though. She had a bad rod knock from #3, completely destroyed the bearing, and severely damaged the crankshaft. Last Saturday I brought the head, block, and pistons to a machine shop so that they can make sure the measurements are still within spec, and do some cleaning.
260,000 Miles on body and engine, body is being used as a table for garage things as i didn’t want to leave it outside in the winter
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@ToyotaLC80
Ah a Toyota technician who knows first-hand about the legendary Toyota reliability!
Diesel Mercedes’ are easy to work on, from what I hear. Built like tanks but super simple designed. Subaru Outbacks are awesome cars, can’t get much better combo for a daily driver.
Surprised you don’t daily drive a toyota!
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
I know a lot of people here probably aren’t very familiar with heavy machinery, but the same guy that sold me a D400 caterpillar is now offering me a cat 994k wheel loader. It’s suspiciously low priced despite how new it looks. Guy claims it’s got irreparable blow by and the engines burning oil which I find kind of hard to believe. He wants 30K for it and he’ll have it delivered to me. Should I bite the bullet and take the offer and see what’s up with it or turn it down?
ToyotaLC80

Amerikaner
@RainbowDash69
I do want a Series 80 Land Cruiser one day, gonna see if I can import one from Japan.
And I can say, while Toyota’s are reliable, we still do as many recall repairs as any other manufacturer. Any car will be reliable if you do basic preventative maintenance.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@RainbowDash69
It is a great price, yes. But this thing is also bigger than my house.@RainbowDash69
Found my dream classic to own. Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser the ultimate sleeper wagon!
@ACApenetrator50
It’s an incredible amount of money. I feel like you’ll need to replace the entire top of the engine. But it seems like you have the skill to do it, so yes buy it.
@ToyotaLC80
Yep I’m sure you’ve done lots of timing chain jobs and such too
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@ToyotaLC80
Welcome to the forum.
How do you like your job as a Toyota tech? I had briefly considered becoming a mechanic before I decided it wasn’t a good career. If I ever took a mechanical course it would be just to mess around in my garage with some project car.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
jdjsbsj
Chrysler Airflow. I bet they’re putting all their faith in this one crossover to save the entire brand. If it fails Chrysler will die 😂
Certainly taking cues from Hyundai and Tesla
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide