Automotive enthusiasts?

RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
Buick’s new EVs will be the angriest looking cars ever sold in China!
Don’t worry, it might look like a Corvette SUV but it isn’t!
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
From 2002-2005, Dodge sold a rebadged first-generation Hyundai Accent in Venezuela as the Brisa:
One of the strangest rebadges I’ve ever seen. I guess it was slotted beneath the Neon? Replaced in 2006 by a more formal version of the Hyundai Getz/Click.
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone
Looks like one grumpy car! Amazing :)
I saw a bunch of cool cars at the car show today. Cadillac allante, 70s bronco, Buick Electra, and 2 beautiful Ford galaxies were the most memorable
Fancy Hyundai rendering
@CalypsoFantasy
Dodge has made some crazy collabs!
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
1946 Chevrolet delivery truck from my hometown. It took 6 years to restore this thing and it looked amazing. They had it in a parade for our yearly heritage days festival
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
I like that old Chevy truck. But it doesn’t have the widow-maker wheels, does it? (Split Rim Wheels.)
Also, my MPG increase in the 2005 Explorer seemed short-lived. The car’s been getting about 17.5 - 17.8 lately. I do have a block heater to install, but I haven’t done it yet.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
These are the only 2 pics I have readily available of it (from my carthrottle profile lol).
This was my year 2000 Galloper II (Exeed Turbo Intercooler). Diesel ofc.
The new design has clear inspiration from the First gen Galloper on the round headlight assemblies that were common back then.
I really find it cool to see this, I have toyed around with redisigning the car on Automation myself.
No idea if this theoretical EV would ever appeal my market, in terms of pricing. As most cars seem to be aiming towards heavy big batteries.
But if we ever see it turned into something meant to be lightweight, focused on low speed efficiency, capable of being used as a city runabout and also being a capable offroader at the same time, id be interested.
mikeforum

Mr
What do you think about fuel prices and option to start with electric cars? I have doubts which type of car to buy…Still in waiting and observing mode.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@mikeforum
Fuel prices suck, right now; but I wouldn’t jump on the EV bandwagon, yet. EVs (especially Teslas) are still too gimmicky for my tastes and the technology and infrastructure isn’t quite there yet. Just get a Hybrid (i.e.: a Toyota Prius) if you’re looking to save on fuel costs.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
I think a Volt or a Clarity are just great deals. Specially if you commute short distances and still need the range of a gad car some times.
It’s a charge at home car, you will not really ever use chargers outside of home.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@mikeforum
A difficult question. Fuel prices have gone crazy, but the prices of electric cars and cars in general are also crazy. It depends on your situation. Can you charge at home? How far do you need to travel? Do you live in a cold climate where low temperatures can sap your battery capacity? Only you can decide whether an EV is a good fit for you.
As volatile as the auto market is right now, it’s probably best to wait to buy a car if you can. If you can’t, a hybrid is the best option to save fuel.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
2023 Lexus RX is magnificent in blue.
@kleptomage
That’s exactly what I was thinking.
To answer the question, Mike, Plug-in hybrid is the best choice for maximum range especially for a short commute, but if you have a long commute or if you plan to do a lot of highway driving, a normal “non-plugin” hybrid like Toyota Prius or Corolla Hybrid is what you should stick to. Plug-in hybrids don’t have the best highway mpg, a traditional hybrid would
That reminds me, my coworker traded-in his girlfriend’s 2021 4Runner for a Corolla Cross. The dealership must’ve been ecstatic. That 2021 4Runner made him a huge profit and now he’s getting great gas. CVT yeah but a CVT works wonderful and is smooth for slow city driving
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
We don’t have Smart cars around here at all, the only ones I see are the tiny older generation ones
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RainbowDash69
Plug-in hybrids may not have the best highway MPG, but they can be great for short errands on pure electric power. Like I said, it depends on one’s situation. If I had a plug-in hybrid with about 20 miles of electric range, I would only need gas for half my commute.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide