Automotive enthusiasts?

RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@kleptomage  
Nice, I love how it is presented more like a show than a guy holding a camera! the dude looks pretty good, too ;)

my favorite less-popular person is Mike’s car info even though it is less of a review and more of a documentary film for each car. it’s kinda like what saabkyle04 used to do, but in higher quality! I love this dude because I love the small details of every car, they are gorgeous in their own way
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Right now, I’m driving around a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis. Not the quickest thing in the world, and definitely not the most efficient, but it gets me to where I need to go and the ride is nice and smooth.

It’s a shame that Ford stopped making their Panther Platform cars (i.e. their Crown Victoria as well as the aforementioned Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car.)
RainbowDash69
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@SonGokuMonkey  
true! I love soft/cushy cars. I bet the seats are nice and soft, too?

I will miss the cars too. I’d love to snag a 2011 Town Car and keep it in a time capsule in mint condition
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@SonGokuMonkey  
I learned to drive with a Mercury. It was all black inside and out. The black paint always looked dirty, the black leather was burning hot in summer, and the black console always showed dust. It ingrained in me a dislike of black cars.

Mechanically the Mercury was fine, at least until some idiot ran a light and broadsided it.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@BarryFromMars  
I used to carry towels in the Mercury to place on the seats because they got so hot they could burn me through a pair of jeans.

I think leather is overrated. Sure, leather can look very fancy but I’ve always found cloth to be comfortable enough.

Don’t get me started on alcantara. Suede has no place in high wear areas, especially not faux suede. It will get permanently matted and grimy within a month.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
Ugh, alcantara. I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to make car interiors out of a porous, impossible to clean material, but they need their head examined. Just give me some nice vinyl or cloth seats and make everything else out of something I can wash off with a hose.
kleptomage

@Flying Pancake  
I don’t know about vinyl but cloth is fine with me. Companies should try offering high end cloth as an alternative to leather, something classy with a low nap and a hydrophobic finish.

Lincoln and Volvo offer white leather interiors. They look great, very refined and elegant, but I would not want to have to clean them religiously.
Flying Pancake

@kleptomage  
Vinyl’s pretty nice; if done right it gives the look of leather but harder wearing, easy to clean, and without the overheating tendency you mentioned. I’d imagine it’s still quite a bit harder to repair than cloth, though.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
I wish cloth heated seats were more popular. I’d buy cloth seats over any other option, then. I don’t get the appeal of leather, besides the fact that it feels so good, same deal with alcantara. it just feels good, nothing more :P

my car has leather seats, the leather ripped apart by the time it was 11 years old, when I got it… now it has layers of duct tape to prevent the hole from getting bigger!
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@kleptomage

full

Mmm, yeah. My parents’ XJ6 just wasn’t kept up! Well, other than the… Tailpipe falling off…

On another subject why are power seats a thing? All of the ones I’ve used are slower than manual ones, I don’t see the point unless a person doesn’t have hands and drives by other means E.G. feet (and yes that’s a thing.) I can understand heated seats but power seats seem pointless.
kleptomage

@BarryFromMars  
Small adjustments are easier with power seats. The only thing about power seats I don’t like is that the controls are not where I can see them.

Did you know Cadillacs now have a motorized cupholder cover? Now that’s pointless. I want to like the CTS. I admire how Cadillac has built track ready luxury cars but they can’t seem to figure out how to construct a nice interior. Maybe Cadillac should have done it’s own thing instead of trying to copy the Germans.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@kleptomage  
Cadillac did their own thing… with the CUE system. everyone hated that thing. it’s true that germans are best with interiors, but Mercedes has very dated interiors in my opinion, this gives lots of room for other companies to step up their game (and, more importantly, their cupholder game)

@BarryFromMars  
I think power seats are pointless unless there is a memory feature. that is a great idea for people with tall and short people sharing a car.

also, I’m sure a big American butt sitting on the leather seat isn’t good for it, either :)
kleptomage

@RainbowDash69  
Oh yes, the cupholders are critical. You gotta have space for your Big Gulp to stay hydrated on your 15 minute drive to Walmart.

Touch capacitive buttons are a deal breaker for me. Touchscreens I can tolerate if they’re quick and easy but there is no good reason to replace perfectly functional physical controls with touch capacitive units. It’s only done to be trendy and they’re all made of cheap looking glossy black plastic that’s a magnet for fingerprints and dust.

@Flying Pancake  
That’s actually kind of cool.
Flying Pancake

@kleptomage  
I’m not a fan of capacitive buttons either, but what really bugs me is when regularly used controls are on a touchscreen instead of physical buttons. If I have to take my eyes off the road to hunt through menu screens every time I want to adjust the radio volume or climate control, then the controls have gone beyond inconvenient and into being a safety hazard.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Flying Pancake  
Saabs are great. they have so many clever quirks… ingeniously simple engineering. ya know, my neighbor had like 3 of them when I was a kid. I think that’s why I was always so interested in ‘em :3

even in 1997, they had so many luxurious/convenience features all with nice, solid buttons.

I’ll miss having buttons. I hope to hold on to my car as long as possible. no touchscreen is needed for me…

@kleptomage  
As a Mountain Dew addict, I wholeheartedly agree.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
My mom is technologically illiterate. I’ve always told her “Don’t worry, you can buy the base model car, it doesn’t have a touchscreen!”

she always responds “What if there are no more base models??” haha
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@kleptomage

Oh. Thanks.

No, I didn’t hear of that. Dunno what to say about the CTS.

@RainbowDash69

I don’t see a point in having a touch screen like that in a car. I can understand dash cams and rear cams but not that, I already have an iPod and cassette adapter for my music. Still, If it works for whoever likes it that’s just fine.

A memory feature in a power seat sounds awesome really.

@Flying Pancake

Kinda nifty little feature if it’s to save space or is a novelty, dunno what else to say.

@kleptomage

Considering my 1984 Caprice still has a working HVAC unit and radio, sure. I don’t want to cycle through air conditioning to put on my radio or whatever might happen but who would make it like that? Then again I just lost $2 to the car wash dollar-coin exchanger when it ran out of quarters and didn’t give me a refund in bills, saying “Please use other machine.” At least they have a bay that gives $6 worth of time out of a $5 bill.

@Flying Pancake

Surely we people could adapt to that but yeah, what’s the point in it being that complicated…

?

@RainbowDash69

I never looked into Saabs much except the 1960s 2-cycle one my Dad told me about that a coworker of his had.

full

@RainbowDash69

Sometimes I’m thinking cars are just plain getting weird in some aspects. A touch screen could be fine but at the same time I’ve functioned without it. I am however a bit old fashioned in the 1950s-1980s “Order your new car just the way you want it” way and not in the “Bwabwabwabwabwa buy our package” thing. That’s to cut costs in manufacturing, isn’t it? I know cars in the 1970s sometimes came in pretty weird color combinations (blue interior/avocado green exterior, etc) but at the same time if I want power windows but no power seat what do I have to do, swap it out with someone who does have manual seats? I haven’t looked into this so I may be awfully misinformed, I don’t see myself buying a new car soon. Those cars I do have are fine as it is.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@BarryFromMars  
For non-American cupholders, saving space is most important. A lot of imports made cupholders a “rarity” since there was no space for them… so Saab was being very serious when they made that design

Also, that Saab is cute as heck. It looks a whole lot like an Alfa Romeo!  
full  
The funny part is that grille design for Alfa Romeo is still seen throughout their cars, even in 2016. It is interesting to see this little convergence in 1960s styling!

…you’re right though, most cars have everything in packages, it is sad. For example, I want a base trim model car but with an added sunroof, those are very hard to come by because sunroofs usually come with upgraded audio + a bunch of other packages. (a sunroof is on my must-have list!)
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

Ah yes, I hadn’t considered smaller-than-American cars so it does make sense. Thank you for that point.

Yes, it does look like an Alfa Romeo. I saw those in a book Dad showed me and liked one of them, I think that was the Giulietta SZ. Seems as if I like cars that have some curved glass in the rear for better viewing, not surprising since tailgaters aren’t uncommon here. I’ve even been tailgated by a cement mixer at interstate speeds, it’s silly.

full

full

I’ve been noticing a few models of cars have been getting more 1950s-1960s grilles more recently, I didn’t pay attention to which models they are though.

I was going to say something here then my brain felt overwhelmed so I’m observing silence.

… … …
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@BarryFromMars  
every time I see the curved glass like that, I think of the Corvette Stingray haha. I know that’s lame, but it is the first thing

I still am shocked Fiat is bringing Alfa Romeo into the USA, we get to have those grilles now on our streets. not sure how I feel about that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide