Automotive enthusiasts?

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@RainbowDash69  
I still have brochures and a paper shopping bag with its brand logo.  
You know, they could have used Pontiac for that market demographic, Saturn felt like a dead weight. Especially when most of their cars at that point were sharing the same platforms.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@SeraphimDawn  
true, that’s probably why GM needed a bailout. they had too many ideas at once

it would be lots of fun to see a mid-2000s GTO mixed with a Saturn Ion!! I’d buy one for sure, they only had the “Red Line” sports package instead.

the Vue and Torrent were the same, the Relay and Montana SV6 were the same… yeah, Saturn wasn’t needed at all in the 2000s. it was a cool trend in the 90s and that’s about it
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
Uhh… Nice seats? More electronics than you could ever use? The badge on the nose? I really have no idea what separates a luxury car from a nicely optioned “normal” car anymore.

@SeraphimDawn  
I think Saturn was originally supposed to be its own company, but was bought out by GM before actually making any cars. Then it became the semi-indepent “experimental” brand with no-haggle prices, then it was neglected and homogenized into irrelevance, and then it was GM bankruptcy-d out of existence.

I never really cared that much for Saturn, but the Sky was a neat looking little roadster at the end there.
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Flying Pancake  
the badge on a car can dictate the price, except for Hyundai lol

also, I used to think luxury cars meant A+ build quality and very tight tolerances. that’s mostly for imports, though.
Flying Pancake
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
True. I’d expect the build quality gap will continue to get smaller, though. If you’ve got robots assembling a car from start to finish, there’s really no reason it shouldn’t be well made. Maybe made using cheap materials, but still very precisely made.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@kleptomage  
But unlike Lincoln, Acura cars are quite common on the roads here where I live alongside BMWs, Audis, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti. More common than Cadillacs actually.

According to consumer report magazines, they seem to nearly bottom out on the list on reliability.  
What is up with Honda lately? They were known for reliability for many years. Only Fiats, Dodges, Jaguars, and Chryslers score lower than them.
Flying Pancake

@kleptomage  
Yeah, that’s a whole lot more effort than anyone’s going to put into a normal car.

@SeraphimDawn  
Do those magazines give more details about what reliability entails? I remember reading somewhere that reliability ratings are heavily influenced by things like infotainment systems, so it could just be that Acura uses an awkward UI or something. I’m not sure if it applies to Acura, but Honda’s been taking some flak lately for moving too many controls to touchscreens.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Craftsmanship and build quality are important basically everywhere now, that’s why Honda is so cool because they build nice interiors now.

@SeraphimDawn  
that car is like my fantasy. a regular car in mint condition.

nobody would ever keep that car looking so good besides a grandma (or a person like myself)

@SeraphimDawn  
hm, Acura has some pretty sexy crossovers.  
full  
That rear? absolute eye candy of the grocery-getting variety…

also, I remember when everyone made fun of the 2008 TL, I always liked it. It seemed “gangster” just like the 300 was in 2005.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@kleptomage  
probably, yes. I feel there might be one automaker that has two, I can’t remember. you’re right though. it is the radio that has a separate screen and then they have their own buttons
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@RainbowDash69  
If I recall. Honda is often praised and successful for doing the same things that work for years now.  
If you look at their current generation Accord and compare to the previous one, you’ll see they’ve started to abandon their old philosophy and instead trying to appeal to current auto trends.
Flying Pancake

@RainbowDash69  
Strange as it looks, I can see some utility in keeping the nav display on its own screen so it and the radio can be used/manipulated at the same time. I’m not sure if that’s a situation that will come up particularly often, but I can at least see some logic there. The main complaint about them I’ve seen is that putting the volume control on a touchscreen means that you’ve got no tactile feedback, so to change the volume you have to either look at it (and therefore not the road) or just fumble around and hope you find it.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I always change the volume in my car via the steering wheel buttons but I dislike putting the volume control on a touchscreen as a matter of principle. Use the touchscreen for things that actually require a touchscreen like navigation and leave the rest to physical controls.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide