Automotive enthusiasts?

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
You guys are worried about losing a V8 sedan? well, the clock is already ticking in UK, France, China, and Norway. black market gas cars are gonna be a thing
Norway is estimating gas-powered cars will be obsolete by 2025. that’s insane!

What I hope they don’t do is the confiscation of existing combustion cars that are either in the used lot and those already in private ownership.  
They’re likely going to discontinue service and production of parts for gas vehicles to push people into electric.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@BarryFromMars  
I welcome it, too. The article says the UK actually has a nice government that funds electrical charging stations. That makes it a whole lot easier to adapt to the change

wow… started at age 59. I didn’t know you could start doing anything at 59. that’s impressive. looks good too.

@SeraphimDawn  
Hah maybe in 50 years we will be paying tons of money to see races where people still use gas just to hear the beautiful engine sounds. or perhaps people will watch and stare at old diesel trucks like they are exotic… because nothing can replace the mechanical clatter of a diesel.

Only way to stop this rotten/boring future is to convince the average citizen to invest in public transportation for daily commutes
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site

Visit Friendship Daily!
@SeraphimDawn  
lol. Maybe in California or in places where there is inspection for emissions on cars. then all the gas cars would fail inspection and be confiscated (or you just get rid of the registration)

Where I live, I’m so glad there’s no inspections. my gas engine ins’t going anywhere, no matter how bad it pollutes!
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@RainbowDash69  
Although, I do believe electric cars will eventuall become as powerful or almost as powerful as conventional sports cars that we have right now.

Electrification would not be as much of a game changers as another planned overhaul to the automotive industry and transportation. The autonomization of cars, THAT I think will spell the destruction of car culture and automotive enthusiasm. Especially when they plan to outlaw human drivers in the future.  
Apparently the governments and corporations want to watch and control your lives and your very movement.

I hope there will be resistance to the technology and the very idea itself. It needs to be stopped.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

People still have Model Ts that they drive around for the fun of it (probably not on the Interstate, excluding modified ones) and the Amish still go around with Horse and Buggy. I feel like it’s not going to go into prohibition so long as the general population goes to something much more earth friendly. I have high hopes for the earth friendly non-toxic oil mentioned above too.

For anyone who may have not seen, Renewable Lubricants (same link as above) is one company making vegetable-based motor oil.
Justsomeguy1986

>Album title goes here<
I hope you all realize there’s a rule of energy. Energy cannot be destroyed nor created, it can only be changed. All that electricity is made from another form of energy which still pollutes the atmosphere.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Justsomeguy1986  
Yeah I know.  
It’s like the ONLY thing that seems to be getting reviews and adverts these days.  
What happened to the other segments?  
Compact Crossovers are killing the variety in the automotive world.

“Cute and ‘FUN TO DRIVE!’ hur dur…”

They do not have that much more carrying space than conventional sedan cars and hatchbacks.  
I understand some people would want a tall AWD vehicle for the northern climates.  
But, WHY are there FWD only crossovers? Doesn’t that destroy the point of the segment? I guess people just want to feel taller?
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I guess people just want to feel taller?

That’s a big part of it. People equate a higher seating position with safety, so crossovers make them feel safer. (For some reason). Then there’s also that it’s more comfortable to get in and out of a seat that’s closer to your standing height, so crossovers are more appealing for anyone that’s a factor for. Then there’s my personal gripe with modern cars: they’re too low to the ground to do a lot of normal on-road driving without scraping. Crossovers don’t have that problem.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Flying Pancake  
Adding to that, I believe there are a few other reasons people keep buying crossovers instead of cars

1. A lot of sedans now sacrifice backseat headroom for a coupe profile. Even a very average midsize car like the Chevrolet Malibu is tight in the backseat.  
  2. High beltlines on cars limit visibility.  
  3. People think they need AWD and AWD is not a common option on cars outside of Subaru and luxury brands.  
  4. Ease of cargo storage. Try fitting a bike into an average car.

I don’t like it but the simple fact is that for an average family a crossover is a more practical vehicle than a car. You get reasonable comfort and carrying capacity for a lower base price and burn less money at the pump than a truck or real SUV.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
All of that too, definitely. For the most part, though, those aren’t inherent limitations of a car-type design, so hopefully manufacturers will adjust going forward: liftbacks solve the cargo problem and potentially the headroom problem, AWD can be incorporated going forward, and the beltline, seating position, and clearance problems can be solved by just raising a car to the height they were as late as the ‘90s.

I think I’ve said this before, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the segments just wind up evolving into each other, with crossovers becoming either cars or SUVs, and cars and SUVs taking on more crossover traits.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@BarryFromMars

4 days later, someone else hit another telephone pole maybe one or two poles away from the other poles that were just hit. We didn’t lose power this time and it looked like the second person swerved to avoid something; they were going on the correct side of the road, unlike the other guy.

I should post something else here.

1960s AMC Marlin:

full

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide