Automotive enthusiasts?

SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
Where is the Nissan Titan made? The new Nissan Titan is built at Nissan’s plant in Canton, Mississippi, the same factory that makes the big NV van and the Frontier pickup. The Titan was designed in California, engineered in Michigan and is assembled in Canton, Mississippi
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@MagpulPony  
That’s what my dad says. But you gotta admit, foreign countries have done more for our auto industry than actual American companies, like GM have done. At least in modern times.

My dad: buy American!  
Me: your truck was made in Mexico
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@SubaruAnon  
Yeah, just another reason I don’t like GM vehicles much. I know Ford built stuff there too but not to the degree of GM. Not to mention the cheap metal a lot of them use. I literally checked to make sure that mine was built using only American steel and aluminum.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
I think I’m going to start saving for a complete detail of my car after watching a lot of videos about it.

It would be exterior mostly, the interior is really clean rn, just a good vacuum. A package like that for my size car would be about $250. I just want to get rid of the swirls in the paint and get it a protective seal.

The company I’m looking into has done a lot of exotic vehicles, so I can trust their level of professionalism.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@MagpulPony  
Nope, I carry jump cables all the time though. So I would have to wait for a good samaritan to help. Not the best situation, but I can’t really afford to buy one now.

I’m not going to be the one driving it though, my dad is considering ditching his 2002 avalanche and using this one.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@MagpulPony  
I do. I have my own that I made by hand using a solar panel, some capacitors, and an interface from a charger that plugs in to the wall. I can chose between charging a 12 volt or 24 volt battery and choosing between 12 amp, 24, 60, and 300 amp speed depending on how impatient I am.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I got back from the local auto show today. I don’t think I’ll go again. It’s always too crowded. Besides, the current vehicle market is not very interesting to me. There are like 100 boring little crossovers with weak engines, regular cars are too small inside, “luxury” has become a measure of how much useless and annoying tech is stuffed in a car, performance vehicles are priced for the 1%, and real SUVs and trucks are so huge anymore it’s just ridiculous.

Seriously, I’m 6’ 2” and the hoods on these new trucks/SUVs are almost to my shoulder. The bed loading floor is about at my waist. There is no practical reason for the vehicle to be so massive. A tall hood makes it much harder to see in front of you (easier to run over kids) and a tall bed makes it harder to load or unload anything. I don’t get it. Why does John Q. Midwesterner want the equivalent of a main battle tank to commute to work and shop for groceries?

The show had a Maserati Levante with the driver’s door bent about 1/2” out of alignment. I got there only half an hour after the show opened so I have to assume the Levante came like that. Unbelievable for a vehicle that costs six figures.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
I’ve made substantial progress on the restoration of my 79 Chevy bison. I’ve gotten the interior all cleaned up, fixed a lot of the suspension, welded cracks in the frame back together, and ready to begin removing the old engine. I’m actually going to try giving it a Volvo FH16 since that’s currently the most powerful truck engine on the market
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@ACApenetrator50

I’m working on the 01 Impala in the garage. It’s a 54,xxx mile car, and it needs a fair bit on the front:

Calipers  
Hoses  
Rotors  
Brake Pads  
Sway Bar  
Passenger Side Axle  
Passenger Side Tie Rod End

I already knew the sway bar was broken. The axle started this project, and it became more and more evident from there. The brake pads had uneven wear so I needed to get calipers, one brake pad out of 4 was completely gone, and the rotors are scored. The hoses are being replaced because they’re nearly 20 years old. 3 out of 4 brake lines are still stock to the car, I replaced one a few years ago.
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
I found this again and some guy in the comments keep talking trash about ford and says GM is better and fails to provide proof.

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide