Automotive enthusiasts?

TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@RD4590  
This is an AMG line. No, so far there is none but I’m sure that’s not really the point of this model… Anyway, there’s always Brabus if you need a really over the top luxury sedan.
Speedwings
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Giraffe superiority
Speaking of benz, been seriously considering an 80s S class lately, but aiming more at smaller inline 6 engines or inline 5 turbodiesel
Background Pony #D5FA
Not sure if anyone will even respond to this but when talking about custom crate engines, what does it mean if the engine is Chevy “based” or Ford “based”?
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
GM CEO states the company is ready to work with the new president for a more electric focused future. Interesting.

And Cadillac is offering a “buyout” for dealerships who aren’t ready (or refuse) to upgrade to EV supported service centers. They want all dealerships to be ready by 2022. Buyout is up to $500,000 to drop the cadillac name on their dealership

@Background Pony #D5FA

That just means the cylinder block is taken from an engine GM or Ford already makes or made before. Like this
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Fuck Russia
@RainbowDash69  
Not liking the sound of that. Electric cars are still pretty gimmicky all things considered. The amount of good they even do for the environment is lackluster given what it takes to produce the batteries and energy the cars run on.
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Background Pony #D5FA  
Take the design or some elements of that engine and upgrade it by demand.  
For example, Mercedes AMG One has an engine “based on their F1 engine”. Of course it’s impossible to drive anything with an F1 engine on the road because of cooling and fuel consumption, but it’s the technologies associated in the F1 engine (such as hybrid system, engine block design, etc) that they base on.  
full
RD4590
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
another example, GTA Spano has a Viper-based engine. That means they took Dodge Viper’s V10 engine and tuned it, so it produces 780 horsepowers rather than 640 on a standard Viper.  
full
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
And it’s not just engine they can “base on”. Chassis and body can also be taken so long as the copyright and license is dealt with, and there’s enough unique designs involved.  
Example includes W-Motors Lykan Hypersport, whose chassis is based on Porsche Boxster  
full  
and 9FF GT9, loosely based on Porsche 997-911 and 911 GT1  
full
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I would consider a plug-in hybrid if it wasn’t lame. A twin-turbo V6 with about 50 miles of pure electric range would be pretty nice - enough range to cover my commute and errands around town with cheap recharging and when running the engine, the battery could provide boosts of power on demand as well as making quicker heat in winter.

As for a pure electric vehicle? The technology, prices, and personal appeal are not where they need to be yet.
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
All this talk of electric vehicles sounds super boring. The thought of having to drive an electric vehicle makes me wanna crash said electric vehicle and watch it burn. I’m a born diesel breather.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
So far my sis has 700 miles on the new Kia seltos, likes it a lot but it’s really small. Engine is smooth but slow

@ACApenetrator50  
You physically can’t breathe diesel however the electric cars you can very easily breathe! No emissions!

full

It’s a tight race. Apparently it’s hard to get above 270 miles of range even if you’re a luxury brand
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide