Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I got my car paid off and title in hand eight months early. I should be happy about that, but I’d sure like something more fun to drive or at least more practical.
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

When I had posted that:

full

(Old photo from 2014, it was convenient.)

My 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Station Wagon needed the fuel lines replaced again, as in 2020 I put 3/8 line on, which was too big. The fuel pump couldn’t keep up with those large lines.

Also, the hood wouldn’t stay shut.

Well, I recently replaced the majority of the fuel line again with 5/16ths line (it’s 3/8ths by the tank,) and I just got done fixing the hood problem. The hood issue was simple: the latch had just loosened a bit, and the latch was pushed to the left just far enough to not close. I just needed to loosen the latch, and attach it in the right place. The hood release cable didn’t need replaced, thankfully.

I was going to fix the oil dipstick tube, but it’s not necessary now, and leaving it undone may help me replace one spark plug & wire easier anyway.

I just need to re-attach some final parts at the gas tank filler tube, then I’d like to fix the engine fan shroud (it’s split at the top and the fan hits it, making noise) and then I’m nearly ready to try driving the Wagon; a little cleaning, and we’ll see how the car fares now with its new fuel lines.

As for the 1999 Suburban K2500 6.5 T.D.:

I still haven’t replaced the panels on the side, but I did replace some of the fuel lines as one of my more recent repairs. I then pulled it out of the garage, and pulled it back in without putting the front drive shaft on. -(\ Anyhow, since I jammed the transmission shift linkage and drive shaft together _and then broke the steering column shifter again, the car sat for a while until I had the obvious enough idea to just hit the silly drive shaft with a hammer, to move it back in position. So now the drive shaft’s not jammed, but the interior’s a mess while I wait for parts.

On the 2005 Explorer:

I got new tires 2 months ago, replacing the oversized ones (that were about 30.1” in diameter) with a smaller size that are OEM spec. The new tires are about 29” in diameter. and these new ones actually get 1 MPG better mileage. Going from 17.5 to 18.5 MPG is still 1 gallon every 400 miles; 2.5 gallons every 1,000 miles. Every little bit helps in this low MPG range.

I also had the fuel filter replaced yesterday, for $35, at Monroe Muffler. I couldn’t figure out how to use a “quick disconnect” filter even with a video, so I just had them do it. I cut open the old filter, and it didn’t look too bad. I’ll probably never change a fuel filter on this car again.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
I took the Mercury off the stands today, then I power washed it off and later, drove it a little. It’s getting enough fuel, thankfully. Now I need to get it re-inspected.

I also tied the heater core tube a few inches away from the transmission fill tube, and now I don’t need to move a hot heater core tube every time I want to check the ATF.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
Took a picture of the beauty today, the “Not as good as the old version” All-New Grand Cherokee L

full

@Barry Tone  
Glad it’s working well. Slowly but surely. Good looking wagon as always!

Poor K2500. I am most excited to see the big old Suburban fixed up. Seems like the brutally simple solution is the one that will always work, as long as you’re careful, since you’re an expert it seems to always work out well!

Hmmmm 18.5 mpg isn’t too bad for a heavy SUV. I do think most SUVs would benefit from smaller tires. Unnecessary especially on non-rugged models.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

Thanks.

Yeah, it’s been a mess for a while. I think I’ve been awful lazy with it. :/

Actually, I’ve gotten to 20 MPG pretty frequently in the 05 Explorer. I could probably up it to 24, if I made a few more mods to the car. (Electric Engine Fan: probably 2 MPG. Coolant Heater: Possibly 1. Aerodynamic Mods: at least 1. Maybe a few more mods, and I feel like I’d have 24.)
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Well, I test drove my 90 Grand Marquis Wagon again, and now the brakes in the rear seem to be hanging up again. I’m not sure what exactly the problem is, since I had replaced the parts the other year. I’m not messing with it today, though.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
I was going to post photos of an 80s Country Squire I saw in June, but it didn’t work from that site. Ah well.

My 05 Explorer seems to have another rear bearing that went out, or whatever it is that started making grinding noises. I’m not gonna mess with that now, it’s nearly Saturday. Ah well, at least yard sales got me another 1950s / 1960s Roaster Pan.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide