Automotive enthusiasts?

Speedwings
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Giraffe superiority
full  
saw this cool rare Mercedes-Benz truck nearby today, I presume it’s a L3250, and I was told it’s from 1952. A guy keeps it in a barn under a tarp not far away, and occasionally drives it around to wake it up.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Me, about 20 minutes ago:

Me, 9 minutes ago:

IT CAN’T WORK! I GOT 3 BED RATS  
IT CAN’T WORK!  
I BOUGHT A PART, A G.M. PART FOR MY 99 SUBURBAN, THEN TOLD DAD!  
FOOTBALL’S NOT ON!  
DARN THING BROKE! I TRIED INSTALLING IT, IT BROKE!  
GO ON, THEN! WALK FOREVER! PORK PIE!

OK, now let’s not talk in “trendy cockatoo speech.”

In other words, I needed to buy the damn column shift metal part for my 99 Suburban, then I needed to remove a smaller part from it (and exchange it for the old one) so I could use all of the gears. By attempting to do so, the damn part I needed to replace (which seems to be made out of pot metal) broke in exactly the same places that the LAST TWO did.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Also, the other month, I changed my 05 Explorer’s Oil from Pennzoil Platinum to Amsoil Signature Series 10w30. I once had some mild lifter ticking when going downhill in 3rd gear above 30 MPH, and that noise is now gone.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
So I went and came back from everfree northwest a couple of weeks ago.

The Mk4 Jetta TDI PD averaged 47MPG 2 people on board and fully loaded on the back.  
Average speed, id say 70? We difinetely did 80 and higher for a quite a while and also encountered portland traffic. Not even mentioning the 4 total airport runs, MPG included.

Also very possibly buying a $300 dollar camry “project car” my roomate found on craiglist this weekend. Seems to only need a battery and some tuning?(probably spark problems?).

Would be nice to have an extra car so I can work on my Jetta, I wanna start modding it already.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
Im gonna add, my Jetta is missing the belly pan, and I know that is fucking with the aero.

I really do wonder how this thing will do with a 6 speed swap, some aero and other mods like better injectors.  
My eco driving skills tho, they have definitely improved (or maybe I slowed down a bit I used to do 90 way too often xd), and im also a pretty good instructor Id say, my roomate did a third of the driving at least, and I’ve been teaching him manual.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
Does anyone have any tips for dually converting a 2020 F350 single rear wheel long bed? It has a 180 inch wheelbase so it’s pretty long but I need the duals so I can pull a three axle RV that weighs 31000 pounds. It already has the 6.7 powerstroke that I’m going to upgrade if possible and I’m likely going to tweak the suspension to make it stiffer as well.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Sent my auto lender a cashier’s check for the remaining balance on my car via USPS express mail. Apparently they don’t accept straight up cash, even though I live less than an hour’s drive from their office near Salt Lake City.

At least I’m practically owning my car outright now…practically.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Goku Black  
Congrats, it feels good to have one less payment, eh? I remember paying off my car, they sent me a check of $9 because the “payoff” amount online was slightly different than the real balance

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
Awesome, a Camry is a good choice for something not to worry about. Funny coincidence, I saw a Scotty Kilmer video of a Toyota engine that seemed to have spark problems, but it was just the fuel injectors that were gunked up. Adding one of those fuel additives and driving in a low gear instantly cleaned the injectors! Here

@ACApenetrator50  
I don’t see why you don’t just sell the truck and buy a different one with a dually setup. I feel like it would be easier than messing with brakes, body panels, axels, and computer/transmission programming! Unless you already have modded/tuned it and then it might just be easier to bolt on new hardware lol
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain

You should be able to get 50 MPG out of it on the highway. Keep it to 50 minimum, 65 maximum (unless evasive action is necessary,) put a belly pan on, and: use these additives:

Opti-Lube Boost at max treat rate (2 oz per 10 gallons.)  
Link.

Opti-Lube XL near the max treat rate; at 80% of it (2 Oz per 10 gallons instead of 2.5 oz per 10 gallons.)  
Link.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Just as I paid off my 2012 Scion xB, I just learned that there are TWO Mercury Grand Marquis cars for sale at one of the more reputable used car dealerships in my area. One is a 2010 with about 56k miles, the other is a 2011 with about 51k miles.

I miss my old ‘96 Grand Marquis. I wish it didn’t break down on me.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I was walking down the street when suddenly a parade of about 30 Corvettes went by. An impressive sight, but I couldn’t help but notice all the drivers were men over 50. It makes me wonder how the Corvette will fare with Generation X and Millennials.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Zamasu
Sent my auto lender a cashier’s check for the remaining balance on my car via USPS express mail. Apparently they don’t accept straight up cash, even though I live less than an hour’s drive from their office near Salt Lake City.
At least I’m owning my car outright now.

Title came in the mail, today, one week after I sent the check. Didn’t expect them to get it to me this soon, but I am pleasantly surprised.
RainbowDash69
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Rivian’s Truck is gonna be the first EV supertruck for sure now! I’ve heard word that they’re ready to start distributing first orders at the end of the month! Video of R1T

@kleptomage  
People won’t respect stock or restored Corvettes in the modern era, they will want lowered, airbagged, tuned

Old people love restored models since the original designs are timeless, now the Corvettes must be modded to stand out at carshows
i-shooped-a-pwny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Edible but not food
@i-shooped-a-pwny
Nice. The oldest thing I own is a 1978 chevy bison.

That’s awesome! I haven’t seen a Bison since I was a little kid!  
My oldest complete car is a 1922 Buick 4 touring, and I have a 23 Buick 4 touring that I recently got running and driving after having sat for over 70 years outside, that was fun and satisfying!

@RainbowDash69  
@i-shooped-a-pwny
Welcome! Epic. Well, I’m sure it’s taken a lot to keep a 1936 maintained. How many miles… do you know?
My cousin restored a 20s Ford recently!

It’s a hot rod with a custom chassis and all modern driveline so it’s pretty easy, though older cars are not hard either.

full
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
@ACApenetrator50  
For such a new truck I doubt such a conversion makes any sense, mostly for the legal trouble. Id just sell it and get a dually, probably cheaper too.

I’m gonna assume there is another reason on why you don’t want to sell it though.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@i-shooped-a-pwny

Neat. There’s a 1941 Dodge Truck in my garage that looks like your 36, but it’s not really mine, and I don’t have a title to it. It hasn’t been on the road for about 50 years, give or take up to maybe 3. If family politics ever pan out for me to have it, I’d at least like to try starting it. It’s an old soda or beer company truck that got painted over ages ago, but I noticed the old lettering, and I scraped the paint enough to make out the letters and where it was originally located: Verona, Pennsylvania. The company, “Three Star Bottling Works,” seems to be long out of business.

I was watching Keith’s Garage, a small YT channel. He has a 38 Plymouth and a 53 Chrysler. He likes his 6 Volt Cars, if you have any interest in the old engines (though I realize yours has a modern drivetrain.)

@RainbowDash69

Good hearing it on the 1920s Ford.

These old vehicles in stock form, oy. Engines really didn’t last long back then; oil and filtration (if there was any, oil filters were optional accessories up to about 1956 or 1957 models) were not up to modern standards. Engines also needed frequent adjustments to the points, valves, and replacement spark plugs. Leaded gasoline had to be “tasty” too, with all the unfiltered air pollution. No wonder the 1970s are oft remembered as such a shit decade.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone  
I’m looking at Keith’s garage right now, he has a great collection. Pure style and simplistic restorations, great.

@i-shooped-a-pwny  
Wow. What’s the engine? Looks phenomenal. Totally badass wrecker with the worn paint. I’m impressed!!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide