Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Rumor has it that Hyundai/Kia has shut down their engine development department to focus on electrics. May it backfire horribly on them if true.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Goku Black
Pushing EVs on us is exactly what the Powers-That-Be are trying to do and they don’t care if the technology is ready or what consumers want. Our personal choice and freedom does not enter their consideration.
@ToyotaLC80
Yes, and that is good for Toyota, but they opposed electric vehicles because they let themselves fall behind their competition. Toyota has been a leader in hybrid tech for over 20 years. If Toyota wanted to, they could have beaten Tesla to market with the first mainstream electric car and shown that EVs and ICE can coexist.
kleptomage

@ToyotaLC80
Maybe GM could have salvaged the EV1 project. Maybe Toyota could have been developing an EV when they saw the writing on the wall instead of trying to make hydrogen power work.
The whole industry is caught off-balance by this mad rush for EVs. It’s too much too fast.
kleptomage

@ToyotaLC80
If a company made an EV that I actually liked and could afford, I might consider it. I think though, that no matter how technically impressive the electric motor is, I would miss the character of ICE.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@ToyotaLC80
I hate EVs with a passion. The fact that Tesla wants to charge you the same price for a new battery that you could use on a new car is ridiculous. Not only that, there’s also borderline no charging stations out in the Midwest to support them. Lastly, the people that drive them are the most entitled assholes ever. That’s why I don’t feel bad when I roll coal on an EV owner.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@kleptomage
You cant rely really on startups to get you there I’d think so, as in general it’s easier to start a small company when you target a high premium market.
For now, pretty much all automakers with the exception of VW’s ID3 and Hyundai have proven to not know how to build a decent cheapish EV.
Remember range will be directly related to price, shape and size. Cheap car means using a small battery and if you want decent range it will be small, and aerodynamics dont lead to practical cars.
(Edit: with the ID3 im thinking EU, and with that im not really considering the Renault Group and Pegeout Group cars.
Also there you get the Honda E and the tini VW eUP)
ToyotaLC80

Amerikaner
Here is the Supra that’s been hanging out at the shop for a few weeks. I forgot what work was being done to it, but it’s being kept stock thank God. Because there are too many modified ones out there already.
It’s an automatic surprisingly, and it’s the 15th Anniversary edition.
ToyotaLC80

Amerikaner
Update on my Mercedes project
Got word back from the machine shop finally, they cleaned and inspected the block, heads, and rods. Only one rod is bad, so I’ll probably just get a new one. I need all new exhaust valve guides though, not really a problem. Those are pretty cheap.
Around $850 for the whole job.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
You guys ever seen or heard of caterpillars MineStar system? I think it’s the closest thing we have to fully autonomous vehicles and the systems not new either. Entire quarry’s could utilize this system and the only people there would be the ones making sure everything is operating normally.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide