Automotive enthusiasts?

FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
The Jetta didn’t skip a bit to Texas and back to Oregon for Harmonycon. The suspension was definitely a bit more harsh with the Bilstein Monotube B6s, but it feels like it’s mostly lack of spring now, over-dampening on extension. However it’s a lot more confident on bump now.
Skidplate worked nice, and the ScanGauge provided a lot of useful info. The grille block was almost necessary to not freeze in the snow storm that caught us in Wyoming.
This week I’m doing an oil service with some synthetic flushing fluid. I’m putting a new oil filter and some fresh Valvoline. I’m keeping the new oil there for a few miles, then using a second can of fluid, draining, and later pulling the pan to clean the pickup strainer and checking the oil pump chain and tensioner. We are approaching 180K miles.
I have some VW 507.00 oil (compatible with PDs) in 0W-30 which I’m curious on how it will affect the engine drag specially on cold start compared to the og 5W-40 spec. It was a bit more expensive than the Valvoline 505.01 (which is cheap at $25 for 5 quarts) but I got it an while ago and for a good deal regardless.
Also I will add a can of Ceratec once everything has been running good and stable. I’ve seen it been tested for close to 2% to 4% engine drag difference.
Might also need some upper engine mounts, im getting a bit much vibration on the cabin at certain revs, might have to do the the new lower dogbone I put in.
Oh I also ordered a manual transmission oil service kit and a fuel filter. I did run 2 tanks of synthetic diesel from Propel and I’m curious if it lifted some deposits from the fuel tank into the (unfortunately old) fuel filter.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@Speedwings
There’s a station near me that offers something called diesel efficient for 2.99 but apparently it destroys your fuel system and what not. It happened to my manager when he used it and he said he’s not going back to that station again
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I got gas on Saturday for $3.61. Now, four days later, the average price in town is $3.89. It doesn’t hurt my wallet but I’m not happy about it either. America only imported about 8% of our oil from Russia. The war in Ukraine shouldn’t have this much of an effect on the price of gas.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
You really take care of a high mileage car! Will be ready for another road trip in no time at all. I’ll be interested to hear if the fuel filter was gunked up.
@Speedwings
Yeah it’s always expensive where you are. USA has always had really cheap gas compared to the rest of the world
The magic 🅱oi
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"broner"
I need to get rid of my Roadmaster wagon and its 12mpg, filled up a couple of days ago and it cost me just shy of $100, and I have to fill up every 1.5 weeks. (Gas just hit $5.00 for me)
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
I filled with B20 for 4.79, 2 days ago, which is pretty much the best price for diesel in my area at the moment. I’ve been venting to overfil, and I put 13 gallons in just in case the prices keep going up. That totals about 16.5 gallons or 800-900 miles of range, and since ive not been going anywhere should last me the month or more.
I knew the fuel prices where gonna rise since I heard about ukraine, but it took me a while to react as always.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Good hearing an update. I wasn’t aware that synthetic Diesel fuel is available, but I live in the rear end of nowhere, Pennsylvania.
B20’s less energy dense, but it should also clean the engine better.
==================================================
I’m gonna also take a moment to remind people that the Renewable Lubricants Company exists, and their oils are all vegetable oil based. They’re based in Ohio.
There were some other companies that made oil based in Vegetable Oil, or Beef Tallow, but I’m not sure if they’re still around? One was “G Oil,” the other was the perhaps ridiculously long “Go Green Smokeless Oil” who re-located from Texas to Australia.
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
Aight so I need a bit of help. I just replaced my turn signal relay in my Tacoma and now it’s clicking all the time like my blinker is on even when it’s not. I’ve replaced the relay multiple times now. Anyone know what the issue could be?
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
Acura Integra first look. So, an “enthusiast” CVT car, and the manual is only available with the top-end trim. Weird…
@Speedwings
It will be close, I bet the USA version will be pricier too since it’s going to be a long wheelbase with 3 rows of seats.
The magic 🅱oi
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"broner"
@ACApenetrator50
I have no idea. Power is probably somehow getting jumped between pins in a way that it isn’t supposed to be, so it has constant current, and I guess the turn signal switch interrupts between the flasher and the bulbs.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RainbowDash69
The Integra is a fancy Civic Si. Seems to me that one should just get the Si.
@Goku Black
Have you seen the Alfa Romeo Tonale (I keep reading the name as Toenail)? Damn thing’s based on a Jeep Compass. A subcompact SUV isn’t going to help Alfa.
Most people don’t even know Alfa Romeo exists because they don’t advertise. They have a sparse dealer network and though I believe their more recent vehicles are more reliable, they haven’t done anything to counter their shoddy reputation. The way Stellantis is handling Alfa Romeo, they’re going to leave the North American market again and that will be a real shame because Alfa is one of the few brands trying to make attractive vehicles that are a joy to drive.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide