Automotive enthusiasts?

Background Pony #9427
So in recent years I’ve experienced three groups of people on the internet: Die-hard auto enthusiasts who think cars are the greatest thing ever and worship Henry Ford, Karl Benz and others, those who are fascinated with cars on their own but are also well-aware that cites and infrastructure need to be designed around feasible public transportation in mind (which I’m part of), and lastly people like those on r/fuckcars who think cars are completely evil and must be completely eliminated from society. As far as the first two categories are concerned, which one do you guys fall into?
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
Beautiful E-Class sedan:
Nissan Murano has some competition:
@Background Pony #2A80
In some areas it will reduce climate change, yes. But completely fix it? No way
Large urban areas will experience a ton of strain on the power grid with tons of fast charging stations that are always clogged with people waiting for hours, a carbon footprint will still exist, and millions of people will still want to buy cars when they could just take the bus/train. I am referring to USA large urban areas, I know Europe/Asia is doing better though
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@RainbowDash69
Why won’t EV’s fix climate change?
The process of extracting the rare earth minerals and processing them to a usable commercial state are very energy heavy processes and polluting in their own right. An EV’s environmental friendliness is also contingent on the energy infrastructure in the area it’s being used. At the current state on carbon emissions alone an EV takes maybe about three years to just become carbon neutral, and then who knows how many years it has left before it becomes a carbon negative piece of machinery.
There are other contingent factors as well such as the carbon and hydrocarbon cost of laying and maintaining automotive road ways. And parallel factors that moving to EV or autonomous cars won’t fix traffic, since the same number of gas cars converted to EV or autonomous vehicles still equals the same number of cars previously, and all the other issues associated with them concerning the inevitable fluid leaks and seepage into ground water reservoirs or the watersheds. An EV or autonomous car still presents a point of conflict with wildlife or pedestrians.
You could on the other hand reduce environmental impact by building some train cars and a nuclear power plant to power an electrified rail route. A train, trolley, or subway can carry more people along the same routes as automotive traffic and a much lower energy cost points of impact with anything outside of it (the train hitting a deer, for instance). Good and rationally laid out public transportation systems can carry more people and goods per pound that car and truck traffic, making lower resource costs to do the same thing whether or not it’s hydrocarbon based or alternative fueled based (just do not put the battery on the vehicle, this always means in a few weeks the weight of the battery will break the under carriage and drop it through the vehicle, as seen in a transition to battery powered busses in Philadelphia like a year or two ago).
This does demand urban and suburban redevelopment though. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned about the history of changing urban development plans for the popular good you can do this with a brawl in council chambers, which killed the era of urban freeways.
There’ll still be need for cars, there’ll always be a number of people who live in non-suburban or hopefully non-subdivision communities in the country side. They’ll inevitably be the permanent market for cars. But in total, rural residents unironically have a much lower environmental impact than their suburban counterparts supposedly “living” 15 minutes from everything else.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@RainbowDash69
Why won’t EV’s fix climate change?
Another important note about EVs this: Often, EVs will cause more road damage than their ICE equivalent just because of how much they weigh. Because this is not a concern to automakers, and I believe most people don’t care about total energy consumption as long as the car is electric and has enough range, EVs are often larger than they need to be.
Road construction today is still a very carbon intensive process. Specially bridges and anything using cement instead of pavement.
Equivalent Weight to Road Damage table:
I like what Jason from EE says in this video about the Hummer EV
RainbowDash69
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Nicely put. That will add up over time. The Hummer EV, weighing 9000 lb. is so obnoxious and is a total waste when you compare it to an ordinary EV pickup like the Lightning at 6015 lbs.
It makes sense why governments want to have big rigs go to wright stations to make sure every load is under a certain level. And why tandem axels have to be adjusted to make sure the load is distributed correctly or there’s too much weight applied under one axel
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
More real-life Cadillac Lyriq photos are finally coming out along with more Youtube car reviews. This pic is pretty funny. They have a portable charger trailer ready for the Lyriq in the middle of nowhere.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
I remember laughing a lot while trying to convince anti EV people that charging a model 3 or Y with an average gas generator was like 3 times more fuel efficient, and resulted in lower lifetime emissions than the old gas truck they were bragging about.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
Btw, not sure how many people realize how freaking efficient Tesla’s cars have gotten. Seriously insane how far they have advanced in terms of efficiency. Even the carbon fiber bodied i3 with it’s tiny wheels quickly got taken over.
Whatever they did to refresh their design year by year, I strongly believe this is the main thing that has allowed them to produce higher spec’d, longer range and cheaper vehicles.
In 2020 The Model 3 Standard range overtook the US king of the hill ionic Hybrid with a combined EPA rating of 141MPGe gasoline equivalent, while the latter actually dropped in efficiency from 136 combined to 133 with it’s 2020 model because of the weight of the larger battery.
Far gone are the days of having less efficiency than a compact EV. If Tesla had staid satisfied with the 90MPGe that the Model S did in 2012 and had built the model 3 on it’s basis, the cheapest 45K model 272 mile range version would barely have 185 miles of range with the same battery.
I like browsing around the fueleconomy.gov Power Search to see who was and currently is king of efficiency these days.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Short of towing a huge battery pack or a running generator, I don’t see how electric trucks are supposed to replace gas or diesel for long distance towing.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Shocking news: Nissan Pathfinder comes out with an off-road capable SUV and it’s actually good!
Rest in peace, BMW i3. You were the last electric BMW without the huge ugly grille. 250,000 units were made since the 2013 model year when the i3 started production Link
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
The i3 could had survived they had upgraded the electric system. Not even upgraded but updated. It really needed a more efficient drivetrain to compete. They could had improved the range without even increasing the battery size.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
@RainbowDash69
I have a drawing of a truck somewhere of what I believe might be the actual solution carbon taxing comes into play (or maybe who know a company actually wants to offer more energy efficient trucking).
Pretty much it involves reducing frontal area and enabling aerodynamic transport of containers. The design might increase weight because of the added structural rigidity required for the trailer.
However we all know the real solution to the emissions of trucking is trains. Pantograph electric ones to be precise. And yes you can still use pantographs with stacked containers.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
True it could’ve been better. The design was perfect and could’ve been fixed up for 2023.
Yep the world needs more railways though. there’s some rail lines in my area that haven’t been used in 10 years because nobody needs trains going from that direction. Yet there’s semi trucks all over the place
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
As far as simultaneous mileage and emission reduction goes, one guy at Ecomodder did this 12 years ago, in 2009 - 2010. Mileage went up from about 6.7 MPG or something close) to at least 14 MPG. He probably has a few other mods I’m not aware of included, and not just aero mods.
I probably mentioned this truck before, maybe you’ve already seen it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide