Automotive enthusiasts?

FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
I wanted to answer this question a while ago, but I never did.
So I’ve recently been heavily orange pilled and I’ve realized the many things that cars have caused to our world.
I’m already quite stressed about climate change and I’ve made it a priority in my life, yet that is just a small portion of the whole problem.
Be it either the insane costs (<holy crap watch this video if one) or socio/psycological effects they cause, I have slowly changed my mind on using them every day. Even though I still love, and depend on mine.
Just hearing about how hard life has become for many, and how much some of us have to work just to survive, to the point that work is the only thing we do, yet billions of our taxes are spent subsidizing unwanted and unnesesary stuff just because of how we’ve built our cities, around cars.
The solution will never be to just “stop driving” or “take the bus”. It’s far fetched in our laws, taxation, construction and policy.
Cars are for us are the little box of happyness that has kept us moving in the sea of others, who live the same reality, unaware of how indirectly, they are slowly doing damage to themselfves.
If anything I’ve learnt is, cities need less stroads, and more local racetracks.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
New dodge hornet. Cool to see the “stripes” logo as a prominent thing. Though I know they’re just using this as a place holder logo until the fratzog comes back.
Plug in hybrid only has 30 miles of gas free range. It’s time to just jump in and do the ev. Maybe in 2024
@Khauntzat Adramélekhizarovich Searmaev
Ford’s 3.0 V6 is very underrated!
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
The sound alone makes this video fun. 80,000 frames per second?! Jeez lol. Nice to see all those graphs so it isn’t just “magic” powering the car
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
That’s an impressive bit of programming.
@RainbowDash69
From what I’ve seen, the Hornet appears to be a rebadged Alfa Romeo Tonale. A small hybrid crossover isn’t what you’d expect from Dodge. You wouldn’t expect Dodge to drop V8 engines and make the Charger and Challenger electric only either, but here we are.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@RainbowDash69
I watched Dodge’s presentation. I’ll tell you what, it was a hell of a lot better than when Ford presented the Mach E.
I’m not happy about Dodge’s muscle cars going all electric. In a perfect world electric and V8 cars would coexist in harmony. But I admit I’m intrigued by what Dodge has come up with. If Dodge has to go electric (and big government says they must), this is the way to do it. It’s an EV that looks cool, actually has character, and with the big liftback and AWD, it’s fairly practical too.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
One thing that keeps coming to mind, is how there still isn’t any small car or wagon EVs on the market.
Do manufacturers really think it’s a dead market?
In my head, the only reason they where not selling many small cars was that they didnt offer much over the used market.
Also byers of more wasteful cars (SUVs) tend to buy new cars more often.
Also CAFE standards being based upon wheelbase is retarded.
kleptomage

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Isn’t the Chevrolet Bolt a small car? The Bolt is a compliance car that had dismal sales even before the battery recall. The majority of people don’t want small cars and when manufacturers can sell luxury cars, trucks, and SUV EVs for more profit, it doesn’t make sense for them to build small cars.
The Porsche Taycan comes in a wagon variation called the Cross Turismo, but it’s basically unobtainable.
CAFE being based on wheelbase length was always retarded. It accomplished the opposite of its goal by giving companies an incentive to build larger, more inefficient vehicles that could be classified as trucks and thereby avoid more stringent regulations.
Background Pony #26A0
@RainbowDash69
Actually:
Dodge has said that their non-electrified vehicles going forward would wear the current Rhombi logo, while electrified vehicles will sport a reborn version of the famed “Fratzog” logo instead.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
Kia needs to issue some fix involving this “Kia challenge” thing that has gone viral. My sister has her 2021 Kia seltos stolen and nothing is stopping a thief from doing it again. It’s insane how those Kias have zero anti theft measures, anyone can steal them
@Background Pony #26A0
Thanks for clarifying… That makes sense that they’ll keep the two sub-brands different
@kleptomage
Agreed. We might be a little biased to the Charger here because it isn’t radically different where the Mach-E is radically different lol.
The “noise” coming from the car is the craziest part. So it’s powered by some airflow generated through a trumpet type thing… Crazy
@FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Small EVs are problematic for the industry right now because they don’t create buzz or hype. Also right now, they can’t generate huge profits for automakers because cheaper cars aren’t as profitable. It’s odd saying this because Tesla was promising us a cheap car and it has never happened… It’s clear a cheap car isn’t as profitable. But the world of EVs has an “overpriced” stigma too that needs to be dealt with
kleptomage

@RainbowDash69
Your sister should get one of those steering wheel locks. They’re not a perfect defense, any lock can be broken with enough effort, but a visible lock should dissuade most thieves.
I have to give Dodge some respect for trying to give their customers what they want instead of peddling bullshit. They’re straightforward about what they’re trying to accomplish.
kleptomage

I’ve been thinking about the Ram 1500. It’s overkill, honestly. It’s too big for my garage, I don’t need a large cabin or truck bed 99% of the time, nor do I need to be able to tow over 5,000 pounds. At best, the 5.7 V8 would only get half the MPG of my car.
But the Ram being excessive is why I like it. I like that it can do whatever work I need while being luxurious and presumably enjoyable to drive.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide