Automotive enthusiasts?

RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
  1. After WW2 everyone was broke except the Americans. Most people couldn’t afford a big gas guzzler. Hence focus on fuel economy. And that was before any emission standard was practiced.
  2. Smaller engine means lower weight, which also benefits handling, which is important especially in Europe with their windy country roads.
  3. European and Japanese cars are made smaller also because their roads are narrower. Can’t fit a big engine into a small car that easily.
  4. A lot of modern American cars also have small engines.
Posted Report
RD4590
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
You may also notice on those tin pot cars like the original Fiat 500, Citroen 2CV and some Minis, they have canvas roof. This is to save material because steel was quite expensive in the old days.
Posted Report
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Hey Mazda RX8 is a good second hand option too. The insurance is surprisingly low compared to other sports cars (at least in terms of insurance group.). And you get a 9000rpm Wankel rotary engine. And it has 4 doors.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@RD4590
I am always suprised how they managed to keep the exact same body in racecars as they do normal consumer cars back in the day.
I’ve never seen a wagon like this before!
Posted Report
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@kleptomage
modern cars are very low and have very delicate and lightweight bumpers. I’ve seen many cars with knocked out lower bumpers due to snow and ice boulders…
@Background Pony #47C2
this article is awesome. I firmly believe Saab, Pontiac, Saturn, Oldsmobile would’ve been able to modernize their designs just with using a split grille design like that Saab rendering.
Posted Report
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

#Go4tNiners!
0-60 AT 1.6G SECONDS, AND A QUARTER MILE AT 8.9 SECONDS AT 151MPH! THE WORLDS FIRST 8 SECOND PRODUCTION MUSCLE CAR, PUSHING AT 1,025 HP AND 945 FT-LB TOURQUE, THE WUICKEST, FASTEST MOST POWERFUL MASS-PRODUCED VEHICLE IN THE WORLD, SO FAST, THAT IT WAS BANNED AGAIN FROM THE NHRA, BUT WHO GIVES A DAMN?! THAT INTRO THOUGH! ON. A. FU. KING. HELI. COPTER.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
I failed my driving test
didn’t go at a green light (cuz the next junction 50m away was blocked and I thought I wasn’t supposed to go)
Posted Report
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Honestly Lamborghini could’ve used any of those to design Aventador’s successor. And instead they ended up with Revuelto.
RD4590
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
Why those cars in particular? They are based on Aventador but is also one of a kind. It’d be like Aventador inheriting design elements from the Reventon, which is based on the Murcielago.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide