BattleBots

Background Pony #6FFF
I recently heard that it’ll air on Discovery on Thursday, August 4, so that would be less than two weeks from now.
Background Pony #D003
Battlebots Champions: Battle for Golden Nut kicks off .. tech now yesterday (Thurs)
format is like the Bouny Hunt special, fight though 4 rounds face a legend bot.. and that’s just to get one of the slots to compete for the Nut.
looks like its gonna be Six or seven episodes in total.
Background Pony #3E92
@Background Pony #D003
Six episodes, by my estimate. One for each of the five openings before the championship tournament for the final episode. The three other participants in the final are already in by default for being past winners of the regular season champions: Tombstone, End Game, and Tantrum. (I guess this means three-time champion Bite Force has officially retired if they’re not participating in this.)
Also, the trophy at the end of this series is a giant golden bolt.
ABronyAccount
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

It was a pretty great night, I especially loved Claw Viper vs. Defender and Hypershock vs Mad Catter but the amount of padding and commercials really grated on me. I think I’m just going to DVR them from now on and watch when I can skip all that bull.
Background Pony #3E92
Man, that first episode was definitely worth watching. HyperShock just got increasingly more destructive as they progressed, all the way up to obliterating the legend bot Gigabyte. I also got a good laugh out of all the reaction faces everyone expressed from the insane levels of destruction that HyperShock delivered (seriously, someone should post images of those moments on this topic, because they were just that jaw-dropping). I guess now that they’ve finally overcome their infamous glitches, their potential to be a legitimate champion is really starting to show.
Background Pony #3E92
So, for the most recent episode, Ribbot was able to advance to the championship final by winning against Lockjaw, which played the role of “gatekeeper” for this episode. I also have to give credit to Deep Six for making such a strong run through this episode’s bracket, so I think we could expect them to be rather impressive once the next regular season gets underway.
Background Pony #3E92
Third episode was on last night, and boy was that outcome quite unexpected. Glitch (last season’s rookie that went undefeated in qualifying but had to drop out at the start of the tournament due to technical issues) put up an impressive run through the tournament, despite being rather slow and even ending one fight in a double knockout, and finishing it all off by unexpectedly destroying this episode’s “gatekeeper” legend bot, Rotator. So it looks like the rookie team who never expected to see much success will now find themselves among the eight bots in the final championship tournament. Also in this episode’s tournament, it seems Icewave is no longer as powerful and destructive as it used to be, and Uppercut once again blew up Free Shipping in a huge fireball.
Background Pony #C760
Fourth episode was pretty interesting. Bloodsport made it to the end of the bracket (beating Blacksmith, which made a rather impressive run), but lost the final fight against gatekeeper Skorpios by a split judges’ decision, so Skorpios is now the first of the “gatekeeper” legend bots to advance to the final tournament for a chance at the golden bolt. Also of note from this episode, after losing a first round match against Blade (the team from South Korea), the team behind Kraken officially announced that Kraken will be retired. Quite sad to see such a durable and fan favorite bot like Kraken will no longer be competing, but the team did assure us that they would return next season with a completely new bot, so I’m curious to see what they’ll come up with.
Background Pony #C760
Almost forgot to mention the fifth episode (and final qualifying tournament) that was on a few days ago. Whiplash reached the end of the bracket after beating Black Dragon, but it was the gatekeeper legend Witch Doctor that won the final match and will be moving on to the championship tournament for the Golden Bolt that’ll be on next Thursday. Honorable mention in this episode to Overhaul for almost beating Black Dragon in the first round.
Background Pony #C760
Guess that didn’t work…
Well, it’s on the official Twitter account for BattleBots, if anyone wants to know where to find it.
Background Pony #C760
That final championship tournament was definitely fun to watch. All four fights in the first round ended with relatively quick knockouts, with the winners being End Game, HyperShock, Witch Doctor, and Tantrum. Both of the second round fights were much longer and more evenly matched with all four bots ending up with some amount of damage, but the winners were End Game and Witch Doctor. The final battle was another tough one or both sides, but all it took was the first hit to determine who would ultimately win, and that turned out to be End Game. So, in addition to End Game winning the golden bolt, Witch Doctor once again finished as the runner up, HyperShock has now proven to be a very destructive bot, Glitch finally got to fight Witch Doctor as originally scheduled last season, and there are currently serious doubts about whether Tombstone could ever be a serious contender for and future championships. Oh, and this episode also featured a brief segment showing some of the special awards that were presented at the end of last season to some other teams (though I’m afraid I can’t remember any of them in particular at this time).
ABronyAccount
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #C760
“new”
Skorpios just looks so happy making whappy with the elder blade.
Man I used to love the Comedy Central era Battlebots. Looking back it seemed like the stakes were lower and people were more willing to try new stuff (or at least the showrunners were willing to let them).
Too bad the Discovery incarnation won’t spring for Bill Nye and Carmen Electra segments.
ABronyAccount
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Of those, Riptide v Jackpot and Huge vs Shredderator look like super interesting matchups to me! Always eager to see more Cobalt and P1 so I’m glad they’re participating too!
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide