Dragon Ball Thread

TenaciousDreamer2nd

@Dirty Bit  
He’s a petty liar, a lunatic, and based off what his former student said, possibly an abusive prick too - which would make his role as the teacher who openly whips Gohan much more disturbing in hindsight if true. Especially since that was one of his first roles and would have taken place around the timeframe named.
mjangelvortex
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Lady of Ships and Birbs
I’m sick and tired of the Funimation voice actor drama rearing it’s ugly head back up here.

But in regards to the news with the games and a live-action movie. I’m a bit sceptical with the latter. That being said, I don’t think it can be any worse than Evolution.

FighterZ’s DLC and Kakarot is looking pretty good. It’s also been a long time that we’ve seen Semi-Perfect Cell in a video game.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

So any idea when Team Four Star will continue Dragon Ball Z Abridged? It’s been a while since the final part of episode 60, and the Trunks epilouge. I thought they might do the tournament movie with Bojack as a Christmas Special, but it never came.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Mad Black  
It sometimes takes them a while to update so I wouldn’t be surprised if it may take a while for a new episode to come up.

@Lord Goku  
I think it looks pretty but I didn’t get the chance to play it yet. Is it good?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot gave an interesting explanation for why saiyans don’t regrow tails.

More or less only 8% of the population even have the ability to regrow their tail. And if their power exceeds what their great ape form would be at the time they lose their tails then even that 8% loses the ability.
Rabidcabbit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Dustcan

Yeah, but the Great Ape form was supposed to be a 10× modifier, you can’t exceed a modifier because it takes your “stats”, whatever those might be and increases them by ten times.

I think this is what you refer to as a “Retcon”
TenaciousDreamer2nd

Kakarot’s been pretty fun. I like the flying around, which reminds me a lot of Budokai 3’s Dragon World mode, and the combat is surprisingly good. The load times between “episodes” can be a little annoying though.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Meh, Toriyama simply didn’t liked to draw the tails any more, because it saved time. So he simply removed them, and never brought them back or forgot about them. Trunks and Goten never even had a tail, or it never was addressed that it was removed or anything.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Count Adramélekh Sear  
I heard. I hope his family is doing okay.

@Littlecabbit  
Honestly, Goku being able to regrow his tail back didn’t really make sense to me in the first place, especially considering for whatever odd reason it only happened to him and not any other Saiyan that got their tails chopped off.

I think part of that may have to do with the character design. I can buy characters like Piccolo and Cell regrowing body parts since they look less human (or even mammalian). Saiyans look a lot like people and the tails they have look like a regular ol’ mammalian monkey tails.

@Dustcan  
@Littlecabbit  
Eh, it probably is a retcon. Not that it’s anything all too new in this franchise. Even before GT and Super some of the video games and Daishensu (I hope I spelled that right) magazines would occasionally bring up bits of trivia that would retcon things.

Also in some occasions, anime filler or the dub will introduce its own things that get retconned. And translation errors can sometimes make things a bit more complicated too. For example, Freeza mentioned having parents in the English manga but that may have well been a translation error since the Japanese language lacks plurals. For all we know, maybe King Cold reproduced asexually like King Piccolo did.

@Mad Black  
That too. Toriyama isn’t a creator that plans things. He does things on the fly, is forgetful (he forgot that he made Super Saiyan 2), and likes to cut corners (he even called himself lazy and admitted that he made the Super Saiyan look the way it does because he doesn’t like inking black hair).

There’s bound to be mistakes and deliberate retcons with this kind of stuff, especially when you have different people occasionally making the other content like the games, GT, and Super.
Rabidcabbit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@09MurphyM

I honestly never watched Dragonball before Z, so he was always an alien to me, I know he’s referred as a demon in the original anime/first part of the manga, but I always took that as a title, or miss-categorized as a demon because the earthlings didn’t know aliens existed at the time, Goku was also just a strange kid with a monkey tail.

Now how Demon-king Piccolo created clearly not Nemekian children is another thing altogether.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide