Dragon Ball Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dr_Osaka  
Ginyu force was amazing. They made the saga for me too. They’re quirky, they’re fun, and they’re villainous. They were also the perfect fodder to showcase Goku’s ridiculous growth. They basically played Nappa’s role, Elite mini-boss whom Vegeta could do very little against, only to be absolutely destroyed to hell and back by Goku.

Not to mention the anime was I think, at its best with the way fights are choreographed and shot. Vegeta vs Recoom was beautiful. The red blue streaks passing thru Goku to convey Jeice and Burter’s speed? beautiful. I love the Ginyu fight.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@tehwatever  
Yes all of that is great and I do certainly draw parallels to Goku fighting the Ginyu Force with Goku vs. Nappa, they even have him arrive in a similar way and gives Krillin and Gohan Senzu beans.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
So one thing that I will admit was done better in DBZ Abridged then the anime is Goku and Ginyu’s body swap; What I mean by that is when they swap bodies, the voice of that body still remains the same. Something that gets done a lot in movies and shows with the whole body swap concept is that they have the voice coming from the body the same as the original host and I never really got why they would always do that; Aside from it not making logical sense since if you swapped bodies the vocal cords of that body would remain the same but more importantly is that it would be so much more entertaining to see the actors perform as if they are that character now, I mean wouldn’t it be so much more fun to hear Tara Strong playing Mr. Crocker and Carlos Alazraqui playing Timmy Turner?  
I suppose they do this to make things less confusing for the audience, but I really don’t think it’s that hard to follow especially when a lot of live action movies like Freaky Friday can do it and not be hard to follow.

Also knowing that Ginyu can swap bodies, I’m wondering if that actually is not his original body. What if he just took the body of someone really powerful and has just been using it up until he met Goku.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dr_Osaka  
To be fair…  
Goku Black (Zamasu in Goku’s body) has Goku’s voice in Dragon Ball Super. So I guess they know how to do it now.

Yeah, theory’s been going around that the body you first seen him in, might not be his original. A lot of ppl even wonder why he didnt just swap with Freeza had he the chance.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Dr_Osaka

Yeah, it’s generally a more interesting idea to do it that way.

@tehwatever

Yeah, theory’s been going around that the body you first seen him in, might not be his original. A lot of ppl even wonder why he didnt just swap with Freeza had he the chance.

A sense of loyalty, probably.

Also, it was apparently a Xenoverse game that raised the possibility that that is one of the reasons they kept Guldo around: to prevent others from dodging that technique, synchronize with it.

Would maybe be more surprising if it is his original body.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Normally I don’t question certain things about a series too much especially when I was younger but now I actually have a lot of questions regarding Frieza and his race considering how much is in the series:

1. How do they procreate? We don’t see that many of them and all the ones they show us are male (though they have no actual genetalia) so I wonder if they are asexual or something, and considering they seem to be born with high power that they only produce offspring when needed.

2. What is their actual aging process? Obviously Frieza wants eternal life from the Dragon so their species can’t live forever, but based on the fact they can transform and change shape is there actually some way of telling how old they are or how long they can live for?

3. Do they need to things like eat, sleep and produce waste? I mean we did see Frieza eat a crab so it’s not to say they can’t eat to survive but based on that we haven’t really seen anything that suggest otherwise.

4. Do theu not need oxygen to survive? It has been stated that Frieza’s race can breathe in the vaccum of space so it makes me wonder they have lungs or a special system that requires no technical breathing.

5. Is there an actual concept for clothes for them? I mean we do see Frieza, King Cold and even Chilled with uniform or something on but even after Frieza was resurrected and brought back to his base he doesn’t seem to ever wear a uniform or any clothes of any kind again afterwards. Not just that, Cooler never seems to wear anything and Frost at first looked like he did but then he doesn’t afterwards. I suppose it’s not that big a deal, but considering all the other aliens and members of the Frieza force who do wear clothes it just makes it kinda awkward that their leader doesn’t.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
  1. I think Toriyama said they reproduce by budding. Like a sea sponge.

2. Broly showed a younger Frieza, so they do age. And Frieza’s quest for immortality means they must experience senescence like everything else.

3. They have mouths, and Frieza is seen drinking wine a lot. So either they do get sustenance from food or Frieza is indulging in hedonism. Either is likely.

4. Frieza survived as half a torso, one arm, and half a head. I don’t think his race needs even organs.

5. Supplementary material shows that they grow some kind of “bio-armor”. Which is what that armor looking breastplate or vambrace they have is. So yeah, they may wear extra clothing for extra protection (the classic armor we see) or peacocking (Cold’s cape), but since they naturally have a carapace they don’t really need it.
Rabidcabbit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Dustcan

So Freeza’a race is actually a race of Space Sponges! …or Space Starfish

So we have Space Ducks, Space Australians, and the franchises most popular villain is actually a Space Sponge/Starfish

DBZA will continue to haunt this franchise years after it’s death …for better or worse
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Dustcan  
Ahh so Frieza’s species are like Sponges then  
full  
I suppose that would make sense, and I’m guessing the lack of an entire race is cause Cold or Frieza don’t want anyone who could overpower them I guess.

Well a lot of those answers make sense I guess, though I don’t remember Frieza ever drinking wine before, was that one of the movies or a filler episode I missed?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Dr_Osaka

Frieza does have an entire race. But they’ve never been named; the closest we get is official material calling them the “Frieza Clan”.

Further muddying the issue though is that Frieza’s family line are specifically cited as mutants, technically different from the rest of his race.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Personally I’ve never been that big a fan of Frieza’s final form, I always liked the other forms more as they were more intimidating as well as unique in design. The first form is great since it makes him look little but all the more threatening, the second form is even better since it took the little form and upped it to appear even more powerful, and the third form which is my most favorite of them all pretty much makes him look even more monstrous not to mention the design choice of looking like a Xenomorph which is badass. With the exception of Mecha-Frieza which is badass simply because Cyborgs are always awesome and I suppose Cooler since he can pull the look off I never cared for how the final form looked for how standard it was not to mention it doesn’t resemble the other forms at all it looks like a completely different species.  
I am glad that they did still do other things with the forms like have King Cold basically in his second form all the time, Frost starting off first form and going into third form which was great to see, and Cooler’s fifth form is so damn awesome to see it makes him all the more threatening.  
I get that Frieza’s final form was made to be more mobile, evened out for the purpose of battle and one-on-one combat but I can’t help but feel the way I do about it overall (I will admit Golden Frieza is cool so at least there’s that)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Okay I gotta love that a lot of people on YouTube went to the trouble to condense Goku and Frieza’s fight to 5 minutes.  
It’s easy to make fun of this, hell SSJGozar has done it constantly. Considering that Frieza is from another planet and time most likely operates differently we could just assume that 5 minutes to him is the equivalent of 50 minutes or so.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Dr_Osaka  
I must admit, I did find it funny when the ToP was managing to fit an entire episode into the space of a minute. I appreciated that reference, and they were clearly doing it on purpose.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Trunks’ introduction to the series is still one of the best moments of the franchise, the fact that he just one shots Frieza with his sword which is also impressive considering just how powerful Frieza is so it makes me wonder if his Ki is harnessed over to the sword when he uses it then or if is made of a strong material like the Z Blade or Tapion’s sword (which btw the ending to Wrath of the Dragon is one of the most confusing things to ever be implemented into one of those films which is saying something)

Also a shame King Cold couldn’t be in the series for very long before just getting axed off right away.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
(which btw the ending to Wrath of the Dragon is one of the most confusing things to ever be implemented into one of those films which is saying something)

Eh, not that confusing. It’s just a straight up mistake.

As one guy put it: “The movie was just an origin story for Trunk’s sword. They just got the wrong Trunks.”
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Dustcan  
I suppose so, doesn’t help that the credits showed footage of Trunks slicing Frieza as if to say that it is still the same Trunks and if not do they assume that Frieza came back in the future and adult Trunks had to finish him off, and this was before DBSuper was a thing.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Welp now I get to the one element I never really cared for even as a kid: Vegeta and Bulma getting together and having a child.  
Now I should point out that I get why this was done so that Trunks could be a Saiyan as well as have an excuse to be able to go back in time seeing how Bulma made the time machine, my problem was always with Vegeta and Bulma being the parents.

The first problem with this is that it pretty much is a slap to Yamcha’s face considering how long him and Bulma have been together, not to mention it kinda makes their going to Namek to wish him back to life pointless just for her to end up with the villain who spend so much of the show trying to kill them.

The second problem is that while I do understand the idea of Vegeta becoming more of a good guy and because he’s been living at Capsule Corp for a while that it does make sense they might get together at some point, but I feel like it’s a bit of a stretch considering how little interactions they had in previous sagas. Doesn’t help that the anime had Vegeta leave Earth and only come back at the point when Frieza was arriving where’s the manga made it look like Vegeta had been there for the past several years waiting for Goku to finally return which I think is a bit better in making their connection a little bit more understandable.

And third problem with this is that it certainly feels like Toriyama was doing this as a means to kill two birds, I mean Bulma has pretty much been apart of the series since the beginning and Vegeta became part of Z close to the start and became a major character so instead of introducing a new character for Vegeta they just gave him Bulma. When it comes to characters getting together some I’m okay with like Goku and Chi Chi, Krillin and 18, even Gohan and Videl I don’t have many issues with; but Vegeta and Bulma just never felt right to me.

Overall that’s just how I feel, again I understand the point of it all and honestly had it not been for them getting together we wouldn’t have as badass a character as Trunks so that I’m greatful for, and I suppose the later sagas try to make Vegeta a bit more affectionate towards Bulma so it wasn’t just a one night stand or anything, and yes I can also understand Bulma going for the bad boy since that’s pretty much what she has done in the past.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Vegeta and Bulma feel like a couple birthed in fanfiction. The writer has pages and pages on why the couple would work, but no idea how to get there. So they don’t bother trying.

I think it probably took a while for Vegeta to actually love Bulma but I could see him loving her over time. I’m more baffled that Bulma would want him in any case. Considering she’s so flighty and afraid of everything, and he tried to kill her and all of her friends, you’d think she’d be terrified of Vegeta. This is a case of “I want a bad boy” gone full stupid. She had to have been drunk when they first had sex. Also Vegeta might have felt inclined to stay not only to wait for Goku but also because his son is half saiyan. I wonder if Vegeta felt like he had to breed if there was going to be any chance to save his race, then gradually over time such archaic sentiments wore off. Especially considering how headstrong Bulma is, she wouldn’t let him turn her into a breeding machine.

I sorta think saiyan blood is like a catalyst, it seems even 1 drop of blood can give immense power. So there is no loss of ability no matter how diluted the blood gets. (if we take baby Pan seriously at least) So technically you could end up with a ton of humans with only slight saiyan blood, but if they train they could become as strong as saiyans. A rather interesting survival trick if that’s true.

I kinda wish Yamcha and Bulma had stayed together but at the same time not really. Because Bulma isn’t necessarily who I’d consider my favorite character. And her dumping Yamcha and sleeping with a genocidal space prince are two of those reasons. Yamcha is probably better off without her.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
For those who follow TeamFourStar I’m sure you’ve seen their DBcember videos and one of them pointed out how Androids 19 and 20 were meant to be the main villains of the Android stories but Toriyama’s editor said that an old man and a China doll wouldn’t make for good antagonists so he introduced 17 and 18 who were more like the target demographic of the series.  
Looking back it does kinda make sense, and while I wouldn’t have a problem necessarily with Gero being the overall main villain I do like the additions of 17 and 18 especially since we got an actual female fighter in the group as well as a love interest for Krillin after all this time.

On a side note the next FighterZ dlc will be Master Roshi which I don’t really care for all that much, Roshi is cool and all but considering who we got prior I don’t really see him as all that exciting to play. I would hope we get to play as Raditz, Zarbon, Dabura, Toppo, Caulifla and Kale separately, or maybe even King Piccolo as some other options.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide