Viewing last 25 versions of post by belmontzar in topic European Union may pass law that could lead to this site being unusable

belmontzar
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

In the end its a battle of control of different areas and one that when argued the right way makes either side perfectly logical.

Considering how heavily flawed the Copy right acts all tend to be regardless makes the entire discussion series a bunch of slippery slopes that would make an old school 2d plat-former proud to cover in ice and frustrate players with.

In one corner we have the big/small/ original owners who wish to hold onto and protect the rights and legal control over their brands and markets. After all with the wrong people making things it is very easy to tarnish or mess with the image or purity of a brand or character.

However this then conflicts with the desires of people to share thier appreciation for said work within various forms.

Lets take for example MLP for instance.

on the negative side we have characters who are made to be alternate representation of negative stereotypes or groups that are made some times to promote or often to parody really bad stuff... control to prevent characters or themes like that can be a good thing... but then we have other adult themes that mixed well despite not fitting the usual theme. Such as For example, Fallout Equestria.

On the plus side we have countless musical compositions, grand pieces of animation work and artistic talent that is lately even used or have aided with the actual show.

Which then can make some of the official work that is done look far less interesting or even as well done.

At the end of the day it is all about a simple question of choice... how much ownership control should the owner of a legal product or 'license' actually have over their product?

how much creative freedom should exist for the fans of said products to express their love of a brand?

either argument has pros, cons and in the right use can make any form of argument Against them.. make the arguer look like a looney.

"Are you promoting the theft of owned property and allowing people to do whatever they wish to possibly damage or prevent the sales of a product?"

"Are you stifling the creative expression and halting the free publicity brought to your company by the work of the fans?"

Sorry for this lengthy and semi rant related post.. but I REALLY wanted to get all of my thoughts out there before they bounce around too much in my head and make me more Looney toon. In either case it feels like the game is rigged in some way shape or form... and all it will do is harm someone.
Reason: I wanted to add to a thought.
Edited by belmontzar