European Union may pass law that could lead to this site being unusable

DarkBrawlerCF1994

I’m gonna keep my expectations low, as it is an uphill battle.

The Directive was already firmly decided 2 years ago.

I cannot keep burdening myself with politics. There’s only so much I can take in.
Background Pony #2FBB
One more thought:

One has to wonder if EU Users can get France to decide against the upload filters? I know it’s not possible, but considering that Poland initially supported decided against upload filters, and even asked the CJEU to throw out the upload filters (without needing the help of EU Users), it could be possible.

@CaptainXtra  
@DarkBrawlerCF1994
Background Pony #2FBB
One more thought:
One has to wonder if EU Users can get France to decide against the upload filters? I know it’s not possible, but considering that Poland initially supported but decided against upload filters, and even asked the CJEU to throw out the upload filters (without needing the help of EU Users), it could be possible.
Background Pony #2FBB
@CaptainXtra  
And, in addition, make remuneration requirements illegal (or alternatively ask the CJEU if remuneration should even be legal).

Anything Poland does could be influential to the EU, especially the CJEU.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
A brand new article from COMMUNIA on how we stand at the moment:

DSM Directive implementation update: With one month to go it is clear that the Commission has failed to deliver

Italy is easily doing the most horrible job in terms of respecting mandatory user rights.

Also take a look at this EFF article going over the DSA proposal and how it could change for the better:

DSA Proposal: Recommendations for the EU Parliament and Council
Background Pony #2FBB
@CaptainXtra

1: Don’t forget: if Poland’s case results in upload filters getting thrown out, this might delay the implementiation.

2: EFF’s proposals could work in some ways.

I feel that maybe the EU may need to delay or halt the implementiation, and maybe listen to feedback from fansites and such. Alternatively just scrap the DSA implementiation for some countries and revert to the one before it.
Background Pony #2FBB
@Background Pony #2FBB  
And yes, i know Poland’s case is in July, But since the guidance isn’t out, this could mean that some implementations could be delayed until then.

Poland could possibly ask for fellow countries to wait until July, then start from scratch if the upload filters are thrown out. And considering how much evidence there is on the upload filters, it’s likely.
Background Pony #2FBB
Alright, so i read the EFF’s proposals on the DSA.

While admittedly good fixes, am I the only one who thinks that this might clash with the Copyright Directive? I mean, considering the fact that this came after the copyright directive, i feel there will be some problems.

@CaptainXtra
Background Pony #2FBB
@DarkBrawlerCF1994  
Just so you know, though, I’m kinda cautious about this, but to be fair, there are reasons why backup servers exist. But again, i hope you feel better.
belmontzar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

In the end its a battle of control of different areas and one that when argued the right way makes either side perfectly logical.  
Considering how heavily flawed the Copy right acts all tend to be regardless makes the entire discussion series a bunch of slippery slopes that would make an old school 2d plat-former proud to cover in ice and frustrate players with.  
In one corner we have the big/small/ original owners who wish to hold onto and protect the rights and legal control over their brands and markets. After all with the wrong people making things it is very easy to tarnish or mess with the image or purity of a brand or character.  
However this then conflicts with the desires of people to share thier appreciation for said work within various forms.  
Lets take for example MLP for instance.  
on the negative side we have characters who are made to be alternate representation of negative stereotypes or groups that are made some times to promote or often to parody really bad stuff… control to prevent characters or themes like that can be a good thing… but then we have other adult themes that mixed well despite not fitting the usual theme. Such as For example, Fallout Equestria.  
On the plus side we have countless musical compositions, grand pieces of animation work and artistic talent that is lately even used or have aided with the actual show. Which then can make some of the official work that is done look far less interesting or even as well done.

At the end of the day it is all about a simple question of choice… how much ownership control should the owner of a legal product or ‘license’ actually have over their product?  
how much creative freedom should exist for the fans of said products to express their love of a brand?  
either argument has pros, cons and in the right use can make any form of argument Against them.. make the arguer look like a looney.  
“Are you promoting the theft of owned property and allowing people to do whatever they wish to possibly damage or prevent the sales of a product?”  
“Are you stifling the creative expression and halting the free publicity brought to your company by the work of the fans?”  
Sorry for this lengthy and semi rant related post.. but I REALLY wanted to get all of my thoughts out there before they bounce around too much in my head and make me more Looney toon. In either case it feels like the game is rigged in some way shape or form… and all it will do is harm someone.
Background Pony #2FBB
@belmontzar  
Ok.

1: True, Copyright laws tend to be heavily flawed. However, there are some copyright laws that aren’t flawed. (Like the DSA, but that’s a different story.) But sadly, nowadays the heavily flawed tend to be more common.

2:
At the end of the day it is all about a simple question of choice… how much ownership control should the owner of a legal product or ‘license’ actually have over their product?
how much creative freedom should exist for the fans of said products to express their love of a brand?
either argument has pros, cons and in the right use can make any form of argument Against them.. make the arguer look like a looney.
“Are you promoting the theft of owned property and allowing people to do whatever they wish to possibly damage or prevent the sales of a product?”
“Are you stifling the creative expression and halting the free publicity brought to your company by the work of the fans?”

That really depends on who owns the copyright.

3:
In either case it feels like the game is rigged in some way shape or form… and all it will do is harm someone.

We were able to get SOPA removed, but other copyright laws (Like Article 17)…Yeah.  
Although it may have been in part due to Google even protesting against SOPA.

If we didn’t have streaming or copyright didn’t exist, things would be different. (And would be a problem, depending on how you see it.)
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Info about the Digital Services Act from Laura Kayali:

“ French EPP Geoffroy Didier is the Digital Services Act’s rapporteur in the legal affairs committee, reports @clothildegouj. This is important for three reasons.”

“ 1. The negotiating team in the internal market committee is made mostly of Nordic, Central European MEPs. Didier will bring the Western/Southern culture to the table (for better or for worse, your pick)“

“ 2. The French finally get a win. No French MEP was involved in the DSA in the internal market committee, Paris gets someone at last. (although not from the ruling party)“

“ 3. Geoffroy Didier backs ending online anonymity + is sympathetic to the rights holders requests (latest example is the initiative report on sports illegal streaming).“

—————

That last bit doesn’t sound very good…
Background Pony #2FBB
@CaptainXtra  
And while on the subject, I feel the committee may stand firm, but tbf, you also have the EFF suggesting ideas to improve the DSA. One has to wonder if there’s a fix for keeping anonymity.

Like i mentioned, Anonymity is a double edged sword.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide