European Union may pass law that could lead to this site being unusable

Background Pony #2FBB
So basically, France can continue with their current plan unless the ECJ orders them to re-adjust.

Though it could theoretically and/or likely be possible that the ECJ might do that before the implementation. I mean, with Poland’s case happening in july, it could be theoretically and/or likely they’ll force France to re-adjust.
Background Pony #2FBB
So basically, France can continue with their current plan unless the ECJ orders them to re-adjust.
Though it could theoretically and/or likely be possible that the ECJ might do that before the implementation. I mean, with Poland’s case happening in july, it could be theoretically and/or likely they’ll force France to re-adjust.

Note: I say theoretically and/or likely because we don’t know if the ECJ agree with the Commission. I could be wrong.  
It’s also because i don’t expect France to re-adjust immediately, considering that it does take time. Same for the ECJ to order them to re-adjust.
Background Pony #2FBB
@CaptainXtra  
And tbf, you can keep going, and I’ll give you credit for continuing even though others (including me) are moving on from this, if I’m honest.
Background Pony #2FBB
Communia will also celebrate 10 years.  
Link

Finally a call for partners on Communia’s Civil Society Network.  
Link
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Word is that The Commission will finally release the Guidelines tomorrow.

There is concern that they may go back on their word to protect user safeguards.
DarkBrawlerCF1994

Here’s hoping that they don’t walk back on user safeguards, but since bureaucratic boomers tend to have a long history of being ignorant, they can still find some ways to screw us European civilians over.
Background Pony #2FBB
@CaptainXtra  
@DarkBrawlerCF1994  
Keyword: May.

One would think think they would wait until the CJEU ruling, but I assume they realized that this would cause problems for member states.

Wouldn’t matter though, as the CJEU ruling will still happen next month.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
We finally have the guidelines and Communia has article going over them:

https://www.communia-association.org/2021/06/04/a-closer-look-at-the-final-commission-guidance-on-the-application-of-article-17/

We have a problem and it’s called “Earmarking”.

It was added in behind closed doors in the past 3 months and it allows them to step on user rights if they claim that a use of their works “could cause significant economic harm”.

Also worth noting that the court ruling on Article 17 is still out and could change the whole situation so please follow that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide