If you could go back in time and stop yourself from joining the fandom, would you?

PipMan

Well, the title says it all. For me personally, I wouldn’t downright stop myself, but I’d give myself some words of warning, mainly to not brag about it and talk about ponies constantly during my early days in the fandom.

Yup, I was pretty obnoxious early on, and I really regret it…

Anyway, what about you guys?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Nope, since I haven’t really had any issues within the fandom…unlike with the Mass Effect fandom, or the Firefly one…
Granzon
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I started enjoying MLP because of my niece. I used to take care of her since my sister was a single mom. I had to do a lot of research to answer her questions. Anyway, to answer your question, no I wouldn’t. I tend to ignore drama and just focus on uploading and enjoying art. My stance on the show is still the same as it was before—enjoying it for what it delivers not on what it could’ve been.
Potatoguy

Yay!
Nah, I’m happy being in the fandom, I like the art and the creativity fans can do and give personality to background ponies, even if some are just exaggerated. At least it’s not like the Sonic fandom where they complaint about many things and there’s the Pokemon fandom, which I like the games, where some just are Genwunners, who just can’t like others generations other than Gen 1.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Another cheerful topic…  
Although I guess the fact that OP’s become wiser is an uplifting thing.  
Well done!
Takuto_Shindou

lol hell no, sure the fandom damaged and keep damaging many aspects of the show in my eyes and i wish i could unsee it, but because of this fandom, i met some precious friends of mine, it was worth it.
PipMan

Well it’s nice to see that there are still people (like myself) who like being in this fandom. The reason I asked is because so many people I know are quite pessimistic about it, and keep ranting on about how they wished they’d ‘never joined the fandom’. Really, if you don’t like it, just leave.
RIG
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - Five Nights at Freddy's thread
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

The Anti-Normies
do you realized the implications of time traveling? if you travel in time to stop something then your present self would have no reason to travel back in time in first place, but you are already in the past…but you destroyed the cause…but…err…..
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

Yes, because I’ve always wanted to create a time paradox. Although if I had a time machine I don’t think I’d go back to change my joining the fandom, maybe tell teenage me to get a hair cut and shave because I looked like an asshole.
someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

TBH, there have been times when I wish I never got into pony. Were it not for all the people I’ve met and my addiction to the show and the fandom I think I would try to get out of it; it’s become a sort of abusive relationship as of late.
Feral_Socks

There are a lot of things on my “If I could travel back in time and stop myself from doing X” list, but joining the fandom isn’t one of them.
Background Pony #7C8B
Yes, partly because there’s some stuff in the fandom that really bothers me, but mostly because it’s reached a point where I don’t feel welcome in it anymore.

The inevitable (and entirely fair) response to such statements is “Why don’t you leave the fandom, then?” And I think it’s finally reached a point where I can do that and make it stick. Not that I’m asking anyone to feel sorry for me; I’m doing this because I’ll be better off for it.

C’est la vie.
Background Pony #1080
I would go back in time to stop Chris Cornell’s death, and to answer the question, no.
Background Pony #B728
@RIG
Or it could be like in Avengers: Endgame: you don’t change history, you just create a new universe based on the change you made while the universe you’re from remains the same as you left it.
Background Pony #B728
Also to answer the question here: Yes. Had friends, got them into MLP by accident, then they stopped talking to me.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

No, it gave my life a good spin, made it a bit more interesting. Too much good has happened so that the few encounters with the crazy ppl are a price well worth paying.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide